• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jahbarron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey,

I picked up a Sonic Super Straight a few months back, and have not found too much about it except for the article on IPD. What I wanted to know was how many of these they might have made. Any other information would be greatly appreciated!

#2 11 years ago

Somewhere between 400-1200, no one knows for sure. No telling how many survived the last 35 years or how many were brought to North America but I can't imagine there's too many out there.

I have one, its great. I also have prospector and mars trek. Used to have cherry bell but sold it.

#3 11 years ago

I really want this if you ever decide to sell. Love Mars Trek, want more Sonics!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I also have prospector

I like Prospector but have not played it in 35 years. I remember though that it played different then the big 3 companies machines made in the USA and the feel of it was unique. I like the whole Gold and Silver bonus concept. Laurel and Hardy are A-OK in my book too. If one came local for the right price I think I would pick it up and sell my Stardust.

Somewhere between 400-1200, no one knows for sure.

I agree, very hard to track how many of these foreign buggers were made.

Ken

#5 11 years ago

Is the Segasa brand related to Sega? There's an 1972 Sega Sapporo for sale here in New Zealand (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=539282417) that Pinside has no info on and IPDB has very little.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Is the Segasa brand related to Sega? There's an 1972 Sega Sapporo for sale here in New Zealand (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=539282417) that Pinside has no info on and IPDB has very little.

I think the two are related. Looks like a pretty cool game. Here is a link to IPD article: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2052

Thanks for the info everyone!

#7 11 years ago

I was told they are not related.

#8 11 years ago

I was told they are not related.

I on the other hand heard that Segasa, also means just Sega SA. Here is another article about how some Sega share holders started the company. http://segaretro.org/Sega,_S.A._SONIC

#9 11 years ago

I enjoyed playing the one that Jack James had for sale a few months back. Love those durable PF's.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Melbourne:

I enjoyed playing the one that Jack James had for sale a few months back. Love those durable PF's.

Is it still for sale???

#11 11 years ago

I have two Faces in my dining room right now. Trying to get both up and running. The first one I picked up, which is not the one I'll be keeping, is playfield #011 and has a few differences from the later one I have (numbered somewhere in the 700s, I believe). The plastics are quite different in color (more neons) and the standup targets are all square and yellow.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I have two Faces in my dining room right now. Trying to get both up and running. The first one I picked up, which is not the one I'll be keeping, is playfield #011 and has a few differences from the later one I have (numbered somewhere in the 700s, I believe). The plastics are quite different in color (more neons) and the standup targets are all square and yellow.

Played a "Faces" up at the Northwest Pinball Show. Pretty cool game, would buy one if I had the chance.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Whitebuffalo:

Played a "Faces" up at the Northwest Pinball Show. Pretty cool game, would buy one if I had the chance.

It's a fast player. I got into it at PAPA and jumped at the chance to pick one up locally and then jumped again at the chance to pick one up quite cheap by my parents house.

I saw Super Straight on a Pinball Ninja post. Pretty cool looking game. I like that skill shot!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

It's a fast player. I got into it at PAPA and jumped at the chance to pick one up locally and then jumped again at the chance to pick one up quite cheap by my parents house.
I saw Super Straight on a Pinball Ninja post. Pretty cool looking game. I like that skill shot!

I looked at my playfield and back box tonight and it looks like my game was number 066. Clay is wrong about the skill shot it is actually the middle lane, not the cool kicker. That is only lit for points when you go through the upper lanes. The kicker is awesome and fun to shoot. Very underrated game.

#15 11 years ago

That's a low number! I've had another Spanish pin in the past & I really enjoy them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-segasa-super-straight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.