Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6413 (resized).JPG
IMG_6412 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hello,

my first posting.....

My real name is Klaus, I'm 63 and I live in Germany. Last week I bought my first pinball machine. It's a Prospector in very good condition.

I'm just waiting for the manual and technical information, which I ordered. So in the momment I don't know anything....

The first problem:

If we play with more than 1 Player, the machine sometimes switches not the normal way (1-2-3-4). After the 1st ball of player one it changes to player three for example. Where is the point of changing player? I think maybe it only needs to be cleaned or something.
Would be great to get this information, perhaps with a picture of this part of the machine.

Regards
Klaus

IMG_6412 (resized).JPGIMG_6412 (resized).JPG

IMG_6413 (resized).JPGIMG_6413 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Welcome aboard the EM forum.
I would read this before starting any repair work as you will get a better understanding of how they operate and their inner workings.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#3 7 years ago

There are 2 stepper units on the bottom board in the main cabinet. One is the ball count unit that keeps track of the number of balls played, next to it is the coin unit that tracks the number of players. In it's home position, the coin unit is a on a one player game. In the back box with the score reels there is a player stepper unit. This works with the coin unit routing the power to the correct score reels based on the number of players. Read over the details in the pinrepair.com suggested by pin-it. Play close attention to the stepper unit section. Based on your description, I believe the player unit in the head of the game needs cleaning.

#4 7 years ago

Grüezi Klaus
Photos von "Prospector" kann ich leider nicht beibringen. Er ist ein Williams-Klon, gute (?) Beschreibung hier: http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=161542

Not pleasing Your word "sometimes" --- this usually means "a wire has broken-off somewhere - wire stays in place (connection, sometimes), but due to shaking the pin / vibration the wire moves a a bit - NO connection".
BUT - Your problem is "Player-Unit not only gets one shot of electricity" - sometimes the Unit gets TWO shots. And this means: The Score-Motor does make a turn too much. (Unfortunately) Your problem is strange. How often is "sometimes" ?
It would be helpful if it is "often" - so You can look into the pin - do tests and (often fault happens) see the faulty stuff. Greetings Rolf

#5 7 years ago

@all THANKS!!!

Maybe "sometimes" has been the wrong word.....

1 Player - everything is fine, 3 balls.

2 or more player - 1st ball is mostly fine, from player 1 up to layer 2, 3 or 4.
2nd ball for 1st player, no 2nd ball for 2nd player, switches directly to 2nd ball for 3rd player

als if 2 people play, the machines switches to a 3rd or 4th player.

I will check and find out.
Thanks for all the good informations!!!

Regards
Klaus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-prospector-switches-to-wrong-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.