By Brewster007

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210218_142319 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewster007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi all, I have a sonic prospector pinny that I let a nephew play and later he said it's not working. It was not scoring or no lights up on backboard. I had a play with it and left it. This week I checked it again and it would not reset. I went to score reels and cleaned them and now it resets. I pulled out the jones plugs and cleaned them and got the lights to work .So I can play it ,makes all the sounds but score reels will not move. I tried 2 player but it won't move to 2 player because of no score. I do notice that once started and I run over a scoring function there are a couple of relays humming. I checked all the playfield switches and I am at a loss as to what's going on. Any of you clever guys got any idea?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Exactly what is humming?

Hi Howard. The lock coil on the base ( single switch on the right hand bank of coils ) And the 100 and 1000 coils on the back board

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for replying .I mean the 100 and 1000 coils that are separate from the score reels. they are in the top of the back box

IMG_20210218_142319 (resized).jpgIMG_20210218_142319 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

I played around with the bumpers and it started scoring but when it went into the middle score retrieval and eject the eject is not working. The coil tests ok so I will look into it further . I think it may need a big clean of contacts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewster007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-prospector-not-scoring?tu=brewster007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.