7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Faces-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Thought I had the game working and put it into the lineup, but now it's resetting during gameplay. I can start a one-player game and put a ball into play. At some point the game will reset, doesn't seem to be consistent at all as to why but does consistently reset. Thought i might be advancing the bonus at one point, but don't think so now. Sometimes when it resets the flippers don't work and the ball drains, then a fresh ball is kicked out to the shooter lane and flippers begin to work again. Sometimes it resets and if the ball is in-play the flippers keep working. Sometimes after a reset the game adds another player. What seems a little odd is that while the Ball In-Play lite will stay at "1" the game may actually be counting the numbers of balls played correctly and after the 5th ball drains go to "Game Over". Haven't proven that one yet.

Where the heck to start on this one? Help .....

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from jackblotto:

Sometimes after a reset the game adds another player.

Sounds like a coil switch is too close?? chk those.
also, the out hole switch and relay.
Ball count, player step units.
Game over relay, tilt relay, lock relay, hold relay, start relay...chk all that.

#3 7 years ago

Ok, will try and go over those things this weekend and report back. Thanks

1 week later
#4 7 years ago

Well, looked things over and nothing seemed to be wrong with the switches or relays as far as I could tell. Tried to track it down with the playfield up and I noticed that it didn't have the problem of resetting or adding players mid-game when the coin door was open ..... what the heck. The game was wired before I got it for free play. Looked over the coin door switches and noticed that the right-side coin switch seemed to be closed and the left-side one wasn't. Tapped the switch a few times and it would definitely make the issue show up. Opened the right-side switch and closed the door. Thus far things seem to be working again now.

Wondering how that switch was causing the issue at this point. Looks to me that the switch was not exactly closed but very very close. When the door was closed something caused the circuit to close during gameplay but only intermittently, maybe a vibration or series of events? Weird that with the door open the problem wouldn't occur. The one things that seemed to make it happen most often was when I continually engaged the switches on the middle left for the "M", "A", "R" & "S". Wouldn't do it all the time but if I engaged them a number of times maybe a bonus was being set that caused "something". I have no clue at this point.

Will play some more games and see if it is solved. Just wish I could use this as another learning moment but can't quite grasp it yet.

Thanks, David

#5 7 years ago

Hi David
"learning moment" (?) - ipdb has a schematics to "Sonic Faces": http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=806 . I show some snippets, IF (if) You have a Coin Chute that directly starts a new game - means "let the Coin-Relay pull-in" - and when the Score-Motor happens to turn at the time - "my encircled red stuff" may actuate "encircled orange": The Coin-Unit equals How-many-player-participate-unit may step-up one position ....

IF (if) the "Switch on Game-Over-Relay happens to be adjusted to "sometimes open / sometimes closed when shaking the pin" - maybe, maybe a "full reset (my encircled blue stuff)" starts.

If You have a schematics to Your pin: You may look-up "THE FAULTY Coin Chute Switch" and the wiring in Your pin. Greetings Rolf

0Faces-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Faces-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Thanks Rolf, let me look at this, I also have the schematics for Mars Trek.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-mars-trek-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.