• Latest reply 1 year ago by PinballPlayer68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

I just picked up a Cherry Bell and everything is working except for the Bonus kickout. Every time a ball goes into the bonus kickout, its scores correctly but it advances the ball count, let’s you continue play until it hits the outhole (unless its ball 5, in which case it ends the game). I’ve checked everything I can think of and I’m stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballPlayer68:

Every time a ball goes into the bonus kickout, its scores correctly but it advances the ball count

What's the Top Eject relay do when this happens?

#3 1 year ago

As soon as the ball goes into the kickout hole, the Top Eject Relay pulls in, reels score, bells ring, lights count down on the bonus, then ball count unit pulls in, ball count advances, outhole relay pulls in and then play continues unless it’s ball 5 and it ends.

#4 1 year ago

This switch on the Top Eject relay is supposed to prevent the Outhole relay from energizing after top hole bonus countdown.

pasted_image (resized).png
#5 1 year ago

Yes. I can see it now. Thank you for your help I greatly appreciate all of your guidance.I started working on this machine last night around 9:30pm. Frustration set in around 3:30am and I went to bed. Sometimes a 2nd set of eyes brings clarity that was not present at the first fresh glance.

She works now!!

Thank you again,

Jonathan

#6 1 year ago

I spoke too soon. Need some more help. I adjusted the relay and the function worked as it should for about five to six trips. Now, the ball is not ejected from the eject hole. The score builds and builds as if something is sticking. When I re-adjust the relay it will work again for about 5-6 times then revert back to sticking.

#7 1 year ago

I spoke too soon. Need some more help. I adjusted the relay and the function worked as it should for about five to six trips. Now, the ball is not ejected from the eject hole. The score builds and builds as if something is sticking. When I re-adjust the relay it will work again for about 5-6 times then revert back to sticking.

Are the 2 screws on the switch stack reasonably tight?

#8 1 year ago

Yes. What I did notice is the following. When the switch works correctly It pulls in holds for a 2 count then releases. When it does not work it pulses quickly no 2 count and then we have the problem we had before where the ball count advances or the relay pulls in sticks and the ball is never ejected.

#9 1 year ago

Yes. What I did notice is the following. When the switch works correctly It pulls in holds for a 2 count then releases. When it does not work it pulses quickly no 2 count and then we have the problem we had before where the ball count advances or the relay pulls in sticks and the ball is never ejected.

Are you saying that the Top Eject relay doesn't hold when you have the problem?

#10 1 year ago

Yes. Exactly. When the relay pulls in for a 2 count it works. When it does a quick pulse it does not. So, same relay just duration of contact time is the variable.

#11 1 year ago

Does the Auxiliary Top Eject relay behave differently in the 2 scenarios?

#12 1 year ago

Ok, when everything works the Aux relay pulls in and the eject hole kicks the ball out and the ball count does not advance. When it does not work the Aux relay does not pulse at all. The ball stays in the hole and the reels keep turning and the bells ring. I have to turn the game off to reset. ( the top eject relay is pulled in durning this action)

#13 1 year ago

Denouement: The Top eject relay hold switch was mis-aligned so that it was in a constant make position when energized. This position did not allow the Bonus Unit to reset and in turn did not pulse the Aux eject relay to kick the ball out and then reset the Bonus to its proper zero position.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside