Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

no_valentines.jpg
    image.jpg
    beard_slap.gif
    #1 11 years ago

Anyone else just get hit on by new member, "Sonia"?

Mods...

Hello, how are you doing today? i hope all is well. My name is sonia.In search of a man who understand the meaning of love as Trust and faith in each other rather than one who sees love as the only way of fun, but a matured Man with Nice Vision of what the world is all about, and after reading your profile here in I took Interest in you, so pleas reply me with this Email ([email protected]) i will be very happy to read your reply so that i will send my picture to you then we can start know more about each other. Thanks for reading my mail and be Bless. sonia ([email protected])

#2 11 years ago

I'm sorry, but...

LOL....

#3 11 years ago

WEll come on man...show us the picture you got!

#4 11 years ago

Simians get all the chicks

#5 11 years ago

Me too..

#1 Unread

???

sonia

Sun November 18th 2012 05:10pm GST

Hello, how are you doing today? i hope all is well. My name is sonia.In search of a man who understand the meaning of love as Trust and faith in each other rather than one who sees love as the only way of fun, but a matured Man with Nice Vision of what the world is all about, and after reading your profile here in I took Interest in you, so pleas reply me with this Email ([email protected]) i will be very happy to read your reply so that i will send my picture to you then we can start know more about each other. Thanks for reading my mail and be Bless. sonia ([email protected])

#6 11 years ago

I see, so it is only the big, hairy guys that are getting it. Guess we're lucky, B R!

#7 11 years ago

Ya, I got a beard like billy goat..

#8 11 years ago

With 10 to 20 member's a day signing up ,, I suspect Were in for Alot of this !!

beard_slap.gifbeard_slap.gif

#9 11 years ago

Unfortunately we got hit by a spammer. It looks like 44 messages were sent before I could kill the account. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm figuring out how to stop this, maybe impose a sending limit of x PinsideMails a day?

#10 11 years ago

That's good and all but how did the bot get in in the first place? Do they get past the Captcha images using OCR? What would be a better way to keep things like this off the site?

#11 11 years ago

Good question. These are normal persons, not bots. They join the site, upload an avatar image, write a story and then start PM'ing people. Any limitations I impose will also impact "real" pinball fans who just joined the site.

#12 11 years ago

I didn't see the avatar and story bit, no automated algorithm can do that unless someone writes one to directly target this site. Interesting... post the IP address!

#13 11 years ago

I got mine today! Nice picture! I'm moving her to America. WAIT!...you mean I'm not the only one who got PM'd??!

#14 11 years ago

I got mine today too.

#15 11 years ago

Bastard! Stay away from my girl!!

#16 11 years ago

Sonia and I are in love!

#17 11 years ago

Aarghhhh! Don't make me come out there!!

#18 11 years ago

But seriously, this stuff is worrying. Next time if I'm not around to block the account there might be more than 44 people spammed. I can't let these buggers abuse our site and the nifty PinsideMail!

#19 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 11 years ago

sniff,

once again, my inbox is empty

no_valentines.jpgno_valentines.jpg

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Sonia and I are in love!

No, no She's mine - all mine and I'm not going to share her

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

But seriously, this stuff is worrying. Next time if I'm not around to block the account there might be more than 44 people spammed. I can't let these buggers abuse our site and the nifty PinsideMail!

Here's how I stop these spammers on Eurospuds (no longer active website): You need the "domains" IP address not Sonia's. You will have to play a little cat and mouse to get it. That email more likely then not goes to a dating website and that is just the sell to get you to join.

You have to send a email to that email given in the spam to get a reply. When you get the reply you have to look at the 'header' for the IP address associated with the domain name not the IP the email came from.

Ban the domain IP and you only block the building not the city,it works. It's easy to do through Yahoo email just make a account for something like '[email protected]', and use that account just for this purpose.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

sniff,
    once again, my inbox is empty

Oh joy!

'Soniad' just PM'd me... looks like she's back.

#24 11 years ago

well damn...where's my psycho hose-beast stalker email

#25 11 years ago

Hey!...I think my friend painted that picture! Is it a Hildebrandt??

#26 11 years ago

Got it

#27 11 years ago

*cough* IP ban *cough*

#28 11 years ago

Got one too....wonder what criteria is used to select us manly men and leave all your girlie boys out in the cold

#29 11 years ago

I assume it is we with the shiniest balls and most unique shooter rods?

#30 11 years ago

I don't know, but she has good taste.

#31 11 years ago

TG:

Was that a veiled reference to your banana flipper(s)?

Dan

#32 11 years ago

So far it would seem she doesnt play for both teams, or at least doesnt prefer blondes.

#33 11 years ago

I got hit too with Sonia. Thanks Robin for stopping her!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.