Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16012243241757802629546069335701 (resized).jpg
    AC3B679B-A493-4D26-BEDA-7D778182DB14 (resized).jpeg
    BF7D3969-F2F2-4A68-A7A2-E2E53094A1BB.gif
    81xO0P4eB2L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

Don't bring me down..... Brrruce!

#52 3 years ago

"Money for nothin' and your chicks for free."

#53 3 years ago

"Living on Tulsa Time". by Don Williams

As a kid I thought it was Toast and Wine. You know a song about traveling the country with little to no money, so all you had was Toast and Wine.

#54 3 years ago

Bathroom on the right.

LTG : )

#55 3 years ago

Young Rascals- "Groovin". "You and me, and Leslie....." A menage a trois?

#56 3 years ago

“Let’s move before they raise the f*ckin’ rent!”

AC3B679B-A493-4D26-BEDA-7D778182DB14 (resized).jpegAC3B679B-A493-4D26-BEDA-7D778182DB14 (resized).jpeg
    #58 3 years ago

Eddie Murphy. “My girl’s on the potty all time”.

#59 3 years ago

The rye or the kaiser..

#60 3 years ago

Poker face by Lady Gaga at one point to me it sounds more like 'Po Po Po Po Po The bump on her face'

Rob

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

The rye or the kaiser..

Hey, Weird Al just might do that (or did he already?).

#63 3 years ago

Eagles: there's a squirrel my lord in a flat bed ford slowing down to take a look at me.

#64 3 years ago

For real though, I can not tell for a second if the song that just came on is Under Pressure, or Ice Ice Baby.

Blinded by the light was already covered, that was the main one for me.

#65 3 years ago

April Wine - If You See Kay

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Hey, Weird Al just might do that (or did he already?).

He did. It was on Weird Al Yankovic in 3-D and the song title was "Theme from Rocky XIII (The Rye or the Kaiser)".

#67 3 years ago

Stairway to Heaven:

“And as we wind on down the road” for 20 years I though he was saying

“And there’s a wino down the road”.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

She's got electric boobs.
    Her mom has two.
    You know I read it in a magazine.
    B-B-B-Bennie and the Jets

If only Shatner had covered Bennie like he covered Rocketman, there’d be no confusion.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

April Wine - If You See Kay

Seeing this underrated Canadian band mentioned here made me smile! Thanks Johnny, if we ever run into each other the Natty Lites are on me!

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

Seeing this underrated Canadian band mentioned here made me smile!

Our local rock station used to play April Wine a lot when I was young. I think they had a lot of concerts here also.

I think Chilliwack was from Canada also, I liked that band also.

Thanks for the beer offer!

#71 3 years ago

I know that the talking heads song goes ‘burning down the house’ but I sing it ‘looking down her blouse’ I like my version better...

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I know that the talking heads song goes ‘burning down the house’ but I sing it ‘looking down her blouse’ I like my version better...

I always sang The Stroke "toking, toking, toke, toke".

#73 3 years ago

I always sang The Stroke "toking, toking, toke, toke".

Elton johns Benny n the jets..I sing Jenny n her tits...hope that I can say that...u sense a theme here..lol

#74 3 years ago

I think Chilliwack was from Canada also, I liked that band also.

Great band. Saw them in 1977 in St. Louis with Heart as the opening act. 'Fly At Night' is a classic. Crank it up!

#75 3 years ago

Radio bleeps out too much anymore. That one song "What it's like" is not even that bad, and they bleep half of it.

In the 70's Rich Girl was playing all the time, and they never bleeped bitch girl. They probably would now though.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Great band. Saw them in 1977 in St. Louis with Heart as the opening act. 'Fly At Night' is a classic. Crank it up!

I only have one CD from Chilliwack and that is not on it.

As far as Heart, I seen them spring break 82 or 83 on the pier at Fort Walton Beach FL. I was only 12 or 13 and those college girls were awesome, oh, and Heart was awesome also.

#77 3 years ago

I only have one CD from Chilliwack and that is not on it.

Here you go:

#78 3 years ago

I remotely remember that from a long time ago, for sure did not get much airplay here.

My Girl (gone so long), was the one I heard a lot on the radio, and the video was on MTV a lot, back when they had music videos...aka the good old days.

As far as airplay, I like HaleStorm, never heard on the air in my area, but I can go on a roadtrip and hear them all the time.

I have always loved roadtrips to just listen to what is being played in different areas.

1 month later
    #79 3 years ago

I remembered this topic while ago. Pearl Jam - Sirens was in my head.

The lyric "fear goes away", sounded like to me they were saying "the big girls wait".

Seriously, listen to that song.

#80 3 years ago

Bob Segers Still the Same

I thought he said “You still ain’t high” but he actually says “You still aim high”

#81 3 years ago

I could never figure out a line in the Boston song Rock and Roll Band... I thought it was 'Dancin' in the streets with my Alice' until I was driving out to Provincetown on Cape Cod and passed Hyannis Port.

And....
    Ahhhhh, until I read the posts here I thought it was 'Don't bring me down, Bruce'!!!! Yikes.

#82 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin - No Quarter...."Moby won't be home tonight"

Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira....."It'll fire up"

#83 3 years ago

My wife’s friend thought the Duran Duran song Wild Boys was actually “Wild Boars”.
    She was rockin out saying “Wild Boars” and we were like WTF?

4 weeks later
    #84 3 years ago

Olivia Newton John -Physical

I took you to an intimate restaurant
    Then to a suggestive movie

I hear it as
    I took you to an 'internet' restaurant.....

#85 3 years ago

A high school friend thought The Beatle's "Paperback Writer" was "Take the Back Right Turn".

#86 3 years ago

I’ll never be your pizza burnin’ - Rolling Stones

I spent 10 years working in a record store, but that was one of the best ones

#87 3 years ago

Was listening to Dolly and Kenny the other morning while I was taking a shower and the wife started laughing.

I asked her why she was laughing and she said she thought they were saying “Island Industry”, not “Islands in the stream”.
    She went decades singing it like that, lol.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I asked her why she was laughing and she said she thought they were saying “Island Industry”, not “Islands in the stream”.
    She went decades singing it like that, lol.

Ha! My Mom used to sing “Islands in the street!”

#89 3 years ago

It’s Time by Imagine Dragons. Refrain is supposed to go:

It's time to begin, isn't it?
    I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit
    I'm just the same as I was

But first time I heard it I thought it was:

Time to begin, is it in?
    I get a little bit bigger than that, I admit
    I’m just the same as I was

Just about did a spit take at work. Was shocked they would play that on the radio.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Blinded by the light
    Wrapped up like douche ....

I think you get a pass on that one. There should be an interview out there that explains there was a glitch in the recording or something so it sounded incorrect.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from mooch:

Ha! My Mom used to sing “Islands in the street!”

Lol, I could totally see that as well.

#92 3 years ago

Here’s my top two.

Every Breath You Take: “… I’m a pool hall ace …” (“how my poor heart aches”)

Hotel California: “… warm smell of policemen …” (“…warm smell of colitas …”)

#93 3 years ago

Rush, Armor and Sword:

The battle flags are flown at the feet of a garden gnome

Should be

The battle flags are flown at the feet of a god unknown

#94 3 years ago

When that song "I'm Not In Love" by 10cc first came out on AM radio (a very long time ago now), I knew several people, including myself, who thought the woman's voice whispering something in the middle of the song was repeating the phrase "requesting quiet". Once I heard it on FM, it became obvious that she was actually whispering "big boys don't cry".

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from jho159:

I’ll never be your pizza burnin’ - Rolling Stones
    I spent 10 years working in a record store, but that was one of the best ones

Also, from Beast of Burden:

correct lyric: All your sickness I can suck it up

incorrect lyric: All though the mess, I could suck a duck.

#96 3 years ago

Not exactly a lyric, but who remembers the Ohio Players' "Love Rollercoaster" and the rumor that went around that the scream you hear during an interlude is a lady getting murdered or witnessing a murder in an adjacent studio, that the engineers didn't notice until after the song had been released?

Uh, duh, people scream on roller coasters! And recording engineers couldn't be that oblivious!

#97 3 years ago

Groove is in the heart by Deee-Lite.
    For some reason I always heard it as Roovers in the hoy. It made no sense but the singers seemed excited about it.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not exactly a lyric, but who remembers the Ohio Players' "Love Rollercoaster" and the rumor that went around that the scream you hear during an interlude is a lady getting murdered or witnessing a murder in an adjacent studio, that the engineers didn't notice until after the song had been released?
    Uh, duh, people scream on roller coasters! And recording engineers couldn't be that oblivious!

Thats a jukebox classic. I remember she was stabbed. I was 10 or 12 and remember it well.

16012243241757802629546069335701 (resized).jpg16012243241757802629546069335701 (resized).jpg
    #99 3 years ago

Weezer - Pink Triangle
    Correct lyrics: I’m dumb she’s a lesbian
    Heard my buddy singing: My mom is an alien

#100 3 years ago

I heard:
    ???

Actual (ostensibly):
    A mulatto, an albino
    A mosquito, my libido

Never knew until I just looked it up! Not what I was expecting at all!

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/song-lyrics-you-ve-misunderstood/page/2?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.