(Topic ID: 309660)

Son needs help w/"C" Programming assignment. Tutor needed (fast)

By iamabearsfan

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CBook (resized).jpg
    2022-02-1721.37.223380997622096685046.jpg
    20220217_202134 (resized).jpg
    popular-programming-languages.gif
    Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 10.24.00 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago

C on microcontrollers
    Python on Raspberry pi's
    C#, SQL and Angular everywhere else

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I almost wrote something very similar. Throughout my career, I've run into programmers who don't understand things like data structures, runtime analysis or even data normalization.

There's nothing worse than a front end developer that claims to be full stack, but adds columns randomly to tables any time he needs them. No design, just the easiest wat to make the UI work. It always blows up later.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

"Why is it that this algorithm works on my 5 element test data but gets nuked by the OOM killer when it's 50,000 elements?"
    "Why use a foreign key when I could just put the customer data right in that table?"
    Uggg. I have advocated for remedial data structures and algorithm classes in my current position. Some of the code that I see....damn....

Foreign keys? Isn't all that just automatic?

I'm bewildered by how hard sql is to these younger UI oriented devs.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Eventually, the Arduino boards appeared, and I got back into C/C++

I hadn't written in C/C++ in almost 20 years and just like you, here's the Arduino boards. VS Code is a whole lot better than having to use emacs. I just mess around with LEDs, messaging and triggering events, but it's a blast. I've got random thunderstorms running through my office.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from cataylox:

Anyone need a C programming job? My team has several open at this time. Wish more C programmers were currently available.

What's the going rate for a C job?

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

Heck, I'm a nano user. That's like remedial command line editor. But I'll be honest, I never needed more than that. If I wanted to do something beyond a small edit, I using a gui editor (I'm pretty much exclusively windows these days and use notepad++ for most of my stuff, coding and scripting).

My problem is that I've lived in Visual Studio, SSMS and Powershell ISE for 20 years, so not having intellisense throws me off. In my brain, if intellisense isn't working, something in the project is broken. So, working in VS Code maintains that logic. Developing in python in nano takes some extra brainpower for me.

#54 2 years ago

We need a C vs C++ vs C# thread...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/son-needs-help-w-c-programming-assignment-tutor-needed-fast?tu=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.