Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nicoga3000
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amalongi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

best advice you can get is, Never buy anything you havn't played extensively first hand. Put in at least 20-50 games on something before you decide that's what you want. Many to choose from out there. Watch prices and don't overpay. Your area can be reasonable on prices, if your 1. not in a rush. 2. Willing to drive on a moments notice 3. able to haul a pin 4. willing to learn how to fix and work on a game that needs work.

Plenty of good avice here already, but this bit particulary struck home with me. Find and arcade and go play. Then be patient. If you are patient and don't overpay, it is unlikely that you won't be able to get out from under the table for at least what you paid for it.

I am an naturally impulsive person when it comes to acquisitions. I have acquired two machines without having played them first. Both are no longer with me and one lasted less than a month. I was able to sell both for more than I paid. And, other than a few exceptions, if you (1) don't see it available today or (2) you miss out on one because someone else got it first don't worry - another will pop up relatively soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amalongi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somewhat-new-need-some-game-advice-1?tu=amalongi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.