Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

source.gif
2018-08-09 11.41.29 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.45.18 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.33.41 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.23.40 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.31.14 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.22.32 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.23.59 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (5) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (3) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
2018-08-16 18.46.31 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 months ago

Pictures on the ad show the mustaches on Natasha and Nell and the missing teeth.
Game definitely looks HUO and pretty minty. No cracks at entrance on left ramp, No wear on Bullwinkle's nose on the backglass.

Hassle with the guy not having the key on hand, but I see no misrepresentation in the ad or the description or the pictures. Although you can see that the lion mech is stuck in the halfway position in the photos.
Do you not bring a tool box/bag when you go to look at games? Headlock on this games comes out either with a phillips or a security bit.

$3800 is too high for even an HUO R&B.

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Yes... I have walked away from a few machines and just kept my mouth shut.
Just recently I visited a seller near Philadelphia. The fact that his machine was only owned by him, morphed into a HUO claim. I pointed out a cab repair with bondo, damage on the playfield, cracked ramps and evidence he had routed it. He then admitted it he had out on route, but he was the only owner. He then called Betson to verify the single ownership claim which was silly at that point. I excused myself and walked out of the house..

Similar story with a better ending.
I was the third owner of a very nice Iron Man that I got from a friend, the guy he got it from claimed HUO in his emails and rechecking the original ad it said single owner (rather than HUO). While showing the game when I went to sell it I accidentally ended up in the Paid Audits and it showed a lifetime $5400 in paid games, so I had to edit my ads to reflect the truth. Was still a super nice game with no magnet wear but that shooter lane was not in the 1000 or so games played range than I usually see with HUO.
I checked the individual coin slot audits to make sure it wasn't a stuck coin switch on one side that run up the audits. Game even had a dollar bill acceptor on it at one point to have credits on the 4th coin slot.

#26 11 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Machine looks very nice, but seller conveniently left out photos of the sides of the head, which buyer says were damaged. IMO, shady.
I'm suspicious when photos are low resolution, blurry or don't show all sides and above the top edge (if there is supposed to be a topper).

What are you talking about? There is a picture of the topper, there is also in that same picture, very visibly some small chips in the paint on the front edges of the head. Most of what the OP had issue with are EVIDENT in the picture in the Ebay ad. If the OP's problem was that it had ANY chips/nicks to the paint then there should have been NO surprise. None of the pics look low res, they look like standard ebay resolution. If I am going to drive 8+ hours to buy a machine I will go over the pics with a microscopic AND ask for better resolution pics directly emailed from the buyer rather than the ebay sizes. Heck even the pictures I put on pinside ads get scaled down. I always send the originals resolution copies to buyers so that they can see

I have no idea who the seller is, and he was an idiot for the way he dealt with the buyer (especially since the OP was still willing to give him $3700 for it) , but I can't see any blame with the ad or the way it was advertised, not everybody is an expert and most people are way less critical as sellers than as buyers and that's true in everything.

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (3) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#27 11 months ago

Forgot the mustache pictures.

Looks like the Sherman on the left side also has a black eye.

s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (5) (resized).jpg

#30 11 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Left side of head is not shown.

OP didn't mention a problem with the left side.

#49 11 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Yes, I agree. I was asking for $100 which included the fact that I would be replacing both locks and would have a possible surprise of what was behind the back glass as well. I don’t think it was an unreasonable request.

You should've gotten that discount just for the 40 minute wait while he jacked around on the phone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside