Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

source.gif
2018-08-09 11.41.29 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.45.18 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.33.41 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.23.40 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.31.14 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.22.32 (resized).jpg
2018-08-09 11.23.59 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (5) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (3) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
2018-08-16 18.46.31 (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 months ago

$100 was more than fair. I have a R&B and enjoy it. $3800 is a lot to pay for one though and "mint" means Mint. I sell extra stuff on ebay and never use the word mint. Very good or near mint is as close as I get, but mint to me means almost untouched and right out of a box. Especially after 8 hr drive. You should have told him to deliver the next day and see how he would enjoy that drive if he wanted the money. Thats probably $50 extra in gas for you. "come back the next day", sheesh...

#52 11 months ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I love it now people don't like the word mint...people you know what mint means give me a break...I would have told the seller to kick rocks I'm outta here.. you better believe the game should be so close to straight out of the box new looking...or I walk. I'm going to purposely keep using the word Mint in for sale threads just to keep some of you D-Bags that this bothers away from any of my listings ..Glasairpilot I've bought from you and you and I are on the same page of a mint machine ...your offer was way more than fair...good luck to you bro, we all run into one of these deals every so often since everybody thinks they found a pinball machine in someone's basement and it has to be worth a lot ha ha

Thanks. LOL, the eBay seller just sent me a message through eBay telling me how eBay works and how I make stuff up in my head. He further said that I wanted to pay cash so I could walk away from the machine if I wanted to which makes my a deceitful person. His last words to me when I was at his business were "come back tomorrow and I will have a key." Like I was going to take another day off work and stay in Chicago again overnight.

At $3,800 I would be paying the most $ anyone has paid in the archives of pinside. I was happy to pay it had the machine been complete and ready.

Mint means "like new." If I am selling and it says mint you better bet it is perfect.

#53 11 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

His last words to me when I was at his business were "come back tomorrow and I will have a key." Like I was going to take another day off work and stay in Chicago again overnight.

Who is this asshole?

Anyway, if the seller had the key there and you could have inspected the boards, and they were good, would you have taken the game?

#54 11 months ago

Yes, I would have taken it. That is why I waited there 40 minutes after I looked at the condition of the outside of the machine. During those 40 minutes the sellers manager came in and out of the room with keys to items like 4 wheelers and such trying to open the lock. I knew at this point that these guys had no clue.

Of course, the seller was supposedly at some important board meeting and could not be there to help me directly, but he had plenty of time to berate me on the phone when I told him I was leaving due to the keys being missing.

What is ironic is that the NGG I bought just 20 minutes South if there was listed as “probably HUO because it is so nice.” It took me 2 minutes to agree that it was pretty much mint and it went home with me. The difference between the two sellers is that one is a pinball person and the other ran a party rental business that obviously flips his inventory through it. He also claims that he replaced the front lock because they were going to take it to homes for free play and want people to be able to set it for free play. I reminded him that that was not necessary since you could set that up in the software or install a separate switch and keep people out of the cabinet which they should not be in anyway if they do not know what they are doing.

I then mentioned the pry marks and bends on the inside of the coin door which is likely why the lock was replaced with the makeshift replacement. These marks were so old that there was rust where the paint was scraped off. He told me that I was making this up in my head.

Long story short, this was probably a machine that was routed early in life being moved around with not a whole bunch of use. Someone likely bought it for home use later and he bought it from them. It certainly was not bought new and placed for 25 years in the same place like he claimed. There were way too many dings and scratches on the headboard and other areas. You can tell when a machine is HUO. This was not one of them.

#55 11 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Yes, I would have taken it. That is why I waited there 40 minutes after I looked at the condition of the outside of the machine. During those 40 minutes the sellers manager came in and out of the room with keys to items like 4 wheelers and such trying to open the lock. I knew at this point that these guys had no clue.
Of course, the seller was supposedly at some important board meeting and could not be there to help me directly, but he had plenty of time to berate me on the phone when I told him I was leaving due to the keys being missing.
What is ironic is that the NGG I bought just 20 minutes South if there was listed as “probably HUO because it is so nice.” It took me 2 minutes to agree that it was pretty much mint and it went home with me. The difference between the two sellers is that one is a pinball person and the other ran a party rental business that obviously flips his inventory through it. He also claims that he replaced the front lock because they were going to take it to homes for free play and want people to be able to set it for free play. I reminded him that that was not necessary since you could set that up in the software or install a separate switch and keep people out of the cabinet which they should not be in anyway if they do not know what they are doing.
I then mentioned the pry marks and bends on the inside of the coin door which is likely why the lock was replaced with the makeshift replacement. These marks were so old that there was rust where the paint was scraped off. He told me that I was making this up in my head.
Long story short, this was probably a machine that was routed early in life being moved around with not a whole bunch of use. Someone likely bought it for home use later and he bought it from them. It certainly was not bought new and placed for 25 years in the same place like he claimed. There were way too many dings and scratches on the headboard and other areas. You can tell when a machine is HUO. This was not one of them.

If all true, telling the seller to go pound sand was 100% the right move. Especially after the come back tomorrow comment. Be happy it turned out this way and that you refused to paypal him the money. In the end, you had the upper hand on this transaction and it went south. Find another machine.

#56 11 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If all true, telling the seller to go pound sand was 100% the right move. Especially after the come back tomorrow comment. Be happy it turned out this way and that you refused to paypal him the money. In the end, you had the upper hand on this transaction and it went south. Find another machine.

That's the thing - I did not tell him to pound sand. I politely excused myself from his manager and hung up on the owner. I hate confrontations. I wish I would have taken some pictures of the defect areas he does not show in his pictures. I'm sure it will be listed again on eBay with the same pictures he had previously.

1 week later
#57 10 months ago

Well,

It is for sale again and he still did not disclose that the lock has been replaced with a hacked insert. He also does not post a picture of the "chip" (which is actually a chunk out of the top left of the headboard.)

What really interests me is the fact that he says the graphics are also perfect other than slight blemishes of the edges when you can see that all the characters excepts Bullwinkle have been defaced with a black marker.

It is also said to be a top restoration. I guess putting in some LED's, drilling out a lock so you can get access, and wiping down the play field is now a restoration.

ebay.com link » Rocky Bullwinkle Arcade Pinball Machine Amazing Condition

#58 10 months ago

Just thought I would chime in. Some people might have seen the fallout on fb. Was brought in to look at a game for a guy I bought a game from a few months back. Seller showed up 30 mins later than they agreed to. An employee let us in, seller did not bother to introduce himself. Game was supposed to be good condition with sticking flippers.

Cab was planking badly, translite was faded out, mpu had resistors removed from it and hacked onto the top of the cabinet with a home made wiring harness, dmd had two lines out, drop targets were missing artwork and letters written on in sharpie, three coils out including both flippers, two columns of lights out, and we did not even try to test the switch matrix. Seller was firm on price which was fine because the guy who drove 3 hours to see this did not want it, and I did not want it unless it was dirt cheap due to the cabinet. Couldn't even tell him what was wrong so he could have his tech fix it or let the next buyer know. So we walked and I made the mistake of posting to his facebook ad to alert other buyers. Ended in a very nasty conversation.

So to op, really feel your pain now. If I were you, I'd walk away and forget it. Not worth the headache of trying to alert people. All I learned from this is to avoid another barcade owner who felt the need to discredit my abilities, collection, and character.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,800 (OBO)
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside