(Topic ID: 126848)

Sometimes I just like playing for points!

By Nokoro

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have two pins. My first is a player's condition 1986 Bally Special Force. My second is a NIB Star Trek Pro. Needless to say, when I got Star Trek, my Special Force wasn't seeing much action. Yet, lately, I've gone back to it, and I love just shooting shots to build up the point value of targets and then collecting. No modes to worry about; no complex rules. Just shooting shots for the pure pleasure of getting points. Don't get me wrong -- I love Star Trek, and I play it all the time. However, sometimes it's nice not to worry about progressing through modes to get to the wizard mode, or the next wizard mode, or the next one after that. Sometimes, it's nice to just try and maximize your score.

#2 8 years ago

Do the same on my Big Game all the time. Broke 2m recently and couldn't be happier about it.

Quoted from Nokoro:

No modes to worry about; no complex rules. However, sometimes it's nice not to worry about progressing through modes to get to the wizard mode, or the next wizard mode, or the next one after that. Sometimes, it's nice to just try and maximize your score.

Agree with your point about uncomplicated. Have two early SS and two more modern DMD machines. Sometimes I just play my solid states for some good old fashioned and straight forward pinball.

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, I definitely like the contrast between playing a really deep game and sometimes just playing straight forward pinball, as you say. Some day, I would love to get an EM, but right now I just don't have the space, and there are other pins I would want first. Plus, I'm scared at the thought of repairing an EM.

#4 8 years ago

EBD...yet to turn it over so I keep going back...

#5 8 years ago

You sound like me. ST was my second pin after Getaway and gets more play these days. I love all the things to shoot for, the modes, and all the action. I end up forgetting how much fun Getaway is. Once I start playing Getaway, I can't stop. It's so simple and fun going for the super jackpot or just banging rpm loops. It's sometimes hard keeping up with scoring on ST with all the different awards, multipliers, and combos. With Getaway, it's a lot more straightforward and very rewarding to get a good score.

#6 8 years ago

I've actually been shying away from "mode" type games lately. Points are points and sometimes having to follow the same patterns of set modes gets old. Damn I'm turning into an early SS guy, I can see it now.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

ST was my second pin after Getaway and gets more play these days.

So you are a Ritchie fan.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sometimes-i-just-like-playing-for-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.