View topic image gallery

image.jpg
MOPLEFU.jpg
beautiful-creatures-character-poster.jpg
Metallica_PRO_playfield_webready.jpg
Metallica_MOP_playfield_webready.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

On the bottom part of the playfield, you have the Metallica logo with the band members' faces just above it in this order:
James, Kirk, Lars, Robert

Not too far below that, just above the flippers, are four text-labelled inserts with the names in this order:
James, Lars, Kirk, Robert

Being relatively close on the playfield and in the same orientation, you'd think these would match up, no?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

yeah that is very wierd

#3 11 years ago

I wonder if they will correct that on the next batch and that would make the first batch Very Collectible !

#5 11 years ago

Nice catch - you're right. My guess is they changed the faces/design at some point but forgot about the order of the names below.

#6 11 years ago

I wonder if the other inserts just below the word Metallica are in some sort of order too :

ie . James = Cross
Kirk ( or Lars ) = Power Switch / Electric Chair
Lars ( or Kirk ) = Coffin
Robert = Snake

I'm guessing that those 4 symbols are for different scoring modes etc. and may relate to each band member . The big question is - are the lower names in the wrong order .. or is the picture of them in the wrong order .

#7 11 years ago

that is a pretty big oops... Hopefully it will be corrected when it goes out the door.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is a pretty big oops... Hopefully it will be corrected when it goes out the door.

I`d say, unless it is tied to something other than their faces? Doubtful though.

#9 11 years ago

Good eye. I wonder if they noticed it yet.

#10 11 years ago

From the folks that brought you"You ooze,you loose."

#11 11 years ago

I honestly don't see why it matters

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Because it will make them "highly collectible"

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Because it will make them "highly collectible"

lol, of course. where have I been?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

because if it goes out the door like this it is a pretty big oversight.

1 2 3 4
A C B D

just does not look right and seems like a silly mistake IMHO.

#15 11 years ago

Somebody panicking right now at the Stern factory! Or on monday morning.

#16 11 years ago

Big deal, the apron has them in a different order too. Just seems like people trying to pump price by claiming it's 'rare' now...

Metallica_MOP_playfield_webready.jpgMetallica_MOP_playfield_webready.jpg Metallica_PRO_playfield_webready.jpgMetallica_PRO_playfield_webready.jpg

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Big deal, the apron has them in a different order too. Just seems like people trying to pump price by claiming it's 'rare' now...

Getting tired of everything always being a "pump" ... As soon as these are released, anyone that says they like the gameplay will be called out as pumping. Give it a rest - the OP had no intention of pumping the machine - it's a legitimate observation.

#18 11 years ago

Old MacDonald was dyslexic... E I O I E.

#19 11 years ago

I saw that too, but then I saw their heads on the apron are probably closer and in a completely different order, and they probably don't light up either. Non issue. Different order on the bg too.

How close is too close? I guess it's in the *eye of the beholder*

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because if it goes out the door like this it is a pretty big oversight.
1 2 3 4
A C B D
just does not look right and seems like a silly mistake IMHO.

Hmm...it's kind of like those movie posters that have a lineup of actors, and a lineup of names right above or in front of those actors, but the names don't match up to the layout at all. Usually names have to be in a certain order for contractual reasons....but the person making the poster should try to make it work. I'm guessing this is similar - Donnie drew the heads in the order he felt looked best (Blonde/Black/Bald/Black DOES work on a visual level) but when it came to doing a "Left to Right" list of the names, it's in the order of hierarchy...James 1st, Lars 2nd, Kirk 3rd, Robert 4th.

EDIT: Here's an example...I saw this billboard a bunch on the way to work and was like "why are the names all wrong!?" LOL Emmy Rossum is on the far left but her name is under some dude. Viola Davis is 2nd from the right, but her name is right in the middle under the logo.beautiful-creatures-character-poster.jpgbeautiful-creatures-character-poster.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Metallcia Rlues!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Old MacDonald was dyslexic... E I O I E.

HAHAHAHA!!!

#23 11 years ago

Obviously Lars demanded second billing in at least one instance... Is a respect the drummers oddly large ego .... Maybe

#24 11 years ago

The art on top is just that, art. Not inserts. Shouldn't cause any problems at all while playing. Problems occur when the inserts don't align with the mode/toy it associates to. IJ4 is an example of this. The Last Crusade and Raiders of the Lost Ark inserts are reversed in relation to their toy. That's a problem.

Not a problem at all for MET.

#25 11 years ago

Maybe they thought it was weird to have the captain of the Enterprises name on the PF. With the release of Star Trek coming next.

#26 11 years ago

Metallica has been irrelevant for so long I didn't even know Jason Newstead was gone? Unless Robert is Cliff Burton, which I would think they would just put Cliff? HHHMMM... They haven't made a decent song since the Black album and their last kick ass album was And Justice For All. On another note. This pin looks kick ass. Love the in line drops and its clear Stern is starting to step it up a notch. That puts them at notch 0.... My first NIB could possibly be Star Trek if it looks good.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Heck, the translite has them in a different order, too. That, and the apron order aren't that big of a deal (unless they light individually there when the modes are completed-that would be cool). It just looks odd on the playfield because they're one over the other.

Will it affect gameplay? Nope. It's just one of those interesting continuity things.

And man...that Beautiful Creatures poster is REALLY bad. Yikes!

#29 11 years ago

Maybe a secret Cliff Burton mode will be in the game.

#30 11 years ago

The "pic" insert above each name is the same one used in front of the 4 standing targets on the playfield. Hopefully the names mean nothing.

1 week later
#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I have no idea how playfield art that has a pretty big f^(k up on it adds any value. Rare or not I hope mine comes with the inserts above the flippers with Kirk and Lars in the correct order. I doubt it will though.

This is honestly the first negative I have with the game. No biggie, just hope it gets fixed somehow.

MOPLEFU.jpgMOPLEFU.jpg

#33 10 years ago

If they didn't/don't correct it....suckers to the fans that bought it through their website

(sorry, wrong thread... )

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

From the folks that brought you"You ooze,you loose."

easy on spider man scotty!

#35 10 years ago

dang it...canceling my order

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Maybe a secret Cliff Burton mode will be in the game.

That would be awesome

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Getting tired of everything always being a "pump" ... As soon as these are released, anyone that says they like the gameplay will be called out as pumping. Give it a rest - the OP had no intention of pumping the machine - it's a legitimate observation.

Love the game play - Metallica rules.

#38 10 years ago

Yet another case of poor quality control.

#39 10 years ago

I agree with a few guys above, as long as the targets light the correct insert, it should be OK.

#40 10 years ago

The modes don't have to line up with band pics. Could have been a fine detail but big picture really don't see it being a big deal.
But LE owners should probably cancel theirs now : )

#41 10 years ago

i agree they should match.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

But LE owners should probably cancel theirs now : )

I agree. I be glad to buy some ones MOPLE for $5000 before the value drops any more on them!

#43 10 years ago

The inserts line up with the placement of those playfield features, it makes sense from that approach.

2 months later
#44 10 years ago

What's with the different colored outlines around the inserts leading to each shot? The picks at the bottom all have green outlines, then the picks by the stand ups have purple, red, blue, etc... Meanwhile, all of them are 'white' inserts...

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I have no idea how playfield art that has a pretty big f^(k up on it adds any value. Rare or not I hope mine comes with the inserts above the flippers with Kirk and Lars in the correct order. I doubt it will though.
This is honestly the first negative I have with the game. No biggie, just hope it gets fixed somehow.

Playfield overlay opportunity!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 149.00
$ 29.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/something-weird-on-metallica-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.