(Topic ID: 247977)

Something is Coming to ReplayFX

By PinballMIX

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#2 4 years ago

Strips "teaser" down to its rawest, purest form.

#3 4 years ago

Good call with a teaser! People seem to be very receptive to these lately

#4 4 years ago

It's linked to Iron Maiden, so........................................

#5 4 years ago

You definitely had pinstadium make the video

#6 4 years ago
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Good call with a teaser! People seem to be very receptive to these lately

#8 4 years ago

Oooooh. I wish I would have realized up front that this is just the guy looking for a payday for using pinball browser.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oooooh. I wish I would have realized up front that this is just the guy looking for a payday for using pinball browser.

Thank you for bringing this up. Maybe some clarification is needed.

I am not selling mixes to people.

They are hiring me to make them one-of-a-kind personalized mixes with the music they want (and they own) in their machines. There is a big difference.

On average 10+ hours of work go into each mix. Should I not charge for this?

I am well aware that anyone can try to make a mix themselves. And I support those who do. Not everyone has the time or skill set to do this. There are others who have dabbled and were frustrated by the results. People pay me for my 500+ hours of experience mixing for pinball specifically. All my clients have given me extremely positive feedback.

I am an open book, and welcome any and all questions on the matter.

For now, I am just excited to let more people see what Pinball MIX is capable of at ReplayFX!

Please, stop by my tent and say hi. Let's play some pinball together.

Mark

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

There is a big difference.

Nah, semantics.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Nah, semantics.

That’s like saying a commissioned artist is just drawing pictures. If he’s hired to do a job, then there’s nothing for you to be upset about.

Unless your upset that you missed the opportunity.

#12 4 years ago

FYI switch to DaVinici Resolve instead of Power Director. Editing those Pintastic videos was a nightmare with that POS software and switching to Resolve has been a dream come true and it's free. A good example is when Power Director gave me a link to their tech support only it wasn't tech support, it was their internal FTP server with sensitive customer information on it along with a pirated copy of Star Wars.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

FYI switch to DaVinici Resolve instead of Power Director. Editing those Pintastic videos was a nightmare with that POS software and switching to Resolve has been a dream come true and it's free. A good example is when Power Director gave me a link to their tech support only it wasn't tech support, it was their internal FTP server with sensitive customer information on it along with a pirated copy of Star Wars.

Wow. Thanks for the tip.

I don't do all that much video, but I'll keep it in mind going forward. I threw that teaser together in seconds.

How did you know it was done on Power Director? Sounds like you have a lot of experience with this.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

They are hiring me to make them one-of-a-kind personalized mixes with the music they want (and they own) in their machines. There is a big difference.

They own it how?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

That’s like saying a commissioned artist is just drawing pictures.

Wrong. It would be like saying a commissioned artist is just selling pictures.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

then there’s nothing for you to be upset about.

I just think it's a lame video I wish I hadn't wasted 30 seconds of my life on and here I am still giving free bumps and modern life is rubbish that's all.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just think it's a lame video I wish I hadn't wasted 30 seconds of my life on and here I am still giving free bumps and modern life is rubbish that's all.

Yes, I suck at making videos.

Stop giving me free bumps! You are missing out on that awesomeness that is Jurassic Park! Holy #@$* does it look awesome!

Seriously, come say hi at my tent at ReplayFX. I am opposite the Beer Garden. I'll buy you a beer!

Mark

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Seriously, come say hi at my tent at ReplayFX. I am opposite the Beer Garden. I'll buy you a beer!

I wish! No Pinburgh for me this year.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wish! No Pinburgh for me this year.

Ah crap. That sucks. How are we supposed to kiss and make up?

Seriously. I owe you a beer.

Find me.

One day.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Wow. Thanks for the tip.
I don't do all that much video, but I'll keep it in mind going forward. I threw that teaser together in seconds.
How did you know it was done on Power Director? Sounds like you have a lot of experience with this.

I know it's PowerDirector because of that title intro transition. I used it for the 2nd or 3rd Trash Talker Tournament:

All the other titles are pretty horrible too and looks like 90's high school AV club stuff. If you want something that a Youtuber makes though they likely use something like Final Cut or Sony Vegas. Resolve I just started using and I have limited knowledge with editing but it isn't too hard to learn how to use it compared to the previous ones I mentioned.

I film all the panels with Dave Marston at Pintastic. We would love to have you at the show next year. I was just at the hotel today planning stuff out/filming for a promo. It's going to be a good show next year.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I know it's PowerDirector because of that title intro transition. I used it for the 2nd or 3rd Trash Talker Tournament: All the other titles are pretty horrible too and looks like 90's high school AV club stuff. If you want something that a Youtuber makes though they likely use something like Final Cut or Sony Vegas. Resolve I just started using and I have limited knowledge with editing but it isn't too hard to learn how to use it compared to the previous ones I mentioned.
I film all the panels with Dave Marston at Pintastic. We would love to have you at the show next year. I was just at the hotel today planning stuff out/filming for a promo. It's going to be a good show next year.

Thanks for the invite. I have wanted to check out Pintastic for the last 2 years just as a guest. You are so close to Montreal. Silly young kids and summer getting in the way.

I have heard nothing but good things about Pintastic!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

I have wanted to check out Pintastic for the last 2 years just as a guest.

And I have a music idea in mind that we could discuss in a seminar.
.................David Marston

#22 4 years ago

Have you discussed this venture at all with a lawyer or stern pinball . How about the wonderful guy who makes pinball browser?

The pinball sound mod community (so to speak ) has been careful about not monetizing what amounts to a software hack. This is a great idea i have had many times , but i never wanted to awake the sleeping giant.

I wish you luck , but i hope you are not eventually known as the guy who forced Stern to shut the door on pinball browser mods. If you are successful enough , they will offer it themselves and the fun customizing will stop.

I could be off base here, but i am just speaking from my own experience in creating custom roms for fun. Good luck.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Strips "teaser" down to its rawest, purest form.

You had me at stripteaser

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Have you discussed this venture at all with a lawyer or stern pinball . How about the wonderful guy who makes pinball browser?
The pinball sound mod community (so to speak ) has been careful about not monetizing what amounts to a software hack. This is a great idea i have had many times , but i never wanted to awake the sleeping giant.
I wish you luck , but i hope you are not eventually known as the guy who forced Stern to shut the door on pinball browser mods. If you are successful enough , they will offer it themselves and the fun customizing will stop.
I could be off base here, but i am just speaking from my own experience in creating custom roms for fun. Good luck.

I don't think a dude making couple thousand bucks is gonna upset stern, Maybe if he was making couple hundred thousand stern might want a piece of the pi and would bother to step in. But until then I seriously doubt its worth there time or effort.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I don't think a dude making couple thousand bucks is gonna upset stern, Maybe if he was making couple hundred thousand stern might want a piece of the pi and would bother to step in. But until then I seriously doubt its worth there time or effort.

This has all been looked into and addressed a while back.

If there are any questions, please feel free to drop by my tent at ReplayFX and we can chat.

I'm pretty easy going.

Mark

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

And I have a music idea in mind that we could discuss in a seminar.
.................David Marston

Oooo, you've peaked my curiosity. Gonna be at Replay?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

This has all been looked into and addressed a while back.
If there are any questions, please feel free to drop by my tent at ReplayFX and we can chat.
I'm pretty easy going.
Mark

I’m glad that there is someone out there offering this service and I hope to talk to you at ReplayFX. I saw and heard your mix for Tron on the Buffalo Pinball stream. I’ve donated Cleland for the work he did on TWD and GOTG. I have a Maiden that has grown on me but I’m curious as to ideas you may have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/something-is-coming-to-replayfx?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.