(Topic ID: 132723)

Someone will be doing a Minions game but who?

By cyclone1234

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cd7932012974af655fc293d9b488eaf4.jpg
    image.jpg
    Minions-Film.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Just thinking that someone will be doing one , just wondering who it will be , stern , jjp , dutch pinball......

#2 8 years ago

I doubt it will be DP....

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

I doubt it will be DP....

Good, they should focus on Tarantino. Pulp Fiction!!

#4 8 years ago

There hasn't been a "cartoony" pinball theme in a while and I'm surprised there hasn't been any of the like single name pinball machines (except Tron I guess but like you get what I mean) like "Minions" in a while. I don't know if I could see anybody doing it. The virtual pinball world will probably soak it up though. Then again they're on my bananas and on McDonalds food and drink stuff and literally all over everywhere else so you never know. I wonder if that movie will beat Frozen in sales with all of this advertising being everywhere.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Then again they're on my bananas and on McDonalds food and drink stuff and literally all over everywhere else so you never know. I wonder if that movie will beat Frozen in sales with all of this advertising being everywhere.

That being said, I am sure the license fee to build it would not be cheap

#6 8 years ago

Totes?

#7 8 years ago

Spooky. Don't minions make up their whole workforce?

#8 8 years ago

How long has it been since there was a pinball theme that didn't appeal to middle aged white dudes?

#9 8 years ago

^ WOZ

Later,
    EV

#10 8 years ago

Ooh, right. Huh. Maybe minions really could happen.

#11 8 years ago

I think there is so many different toys they could use , would be a cool machine...the bedo bedo might get old

#12 8 years ago

Why would anybody do a Minions game?

Movie is getting terrible reviews, looks terrible, and seems like it will be generally terrible. Considering they release about 20 animated kids movies a year seems like this one will be quickly forgotten.

Not to mention that 10-year olds are NOT the target audience for pinball anymore.

#13 8 years ago

As a middle aged white guy let me just say.....what the hell is a minion?

#14 8 years ago

Minions-Film.jpgMinions-Film.jpg

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

There hasn't been a "cartoony" pinball theme in a while

What was the last one, Kiss?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would anybody do a Minions game?
    Movie is getting terrible reviews, looks terrible, and seems like it will be generally terrible. Considering they release about 20 animated kids movies a year seems like this one will be quickly forgotten.
    Not to mention that 10-year olds are NOT the target audience for pinball anymore.

Just think if the 10 year old made dad buy a machine and got into pinball...the torch gets passed ....i personally haven't seen the movie but my kids did...said it was ok.......Then again my 6 year old loves twd and i already hooked him with that and iron man lol

#17 8 years ago

We're taking our kids to see the movie. 58% on Rotten Tomatoes, not awful, not gonna be incredible, but sounds like it's mostly people who think that making sidekicks the feature is a stretch. And they're probably right, but we don't care, we'll just roll in and have a good time.

Would make an awesome pinball theme, because they're all about not being deep, and just fun "surface" characters. That's a great match for a pin IMHO.

#18 8 years ago

DP has made 0.5 games and Heighway/Spooky/JJP are at one. Not every big summer movie is going to be a pinball theme guys. Plus I agree with the comment above that basically every theme is for old white men these days.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

DP has made 0.5 games and Heighway/Spooky/JJP are at one. Not every big summer movie is going to be a pinball theme guys. Plus I agree with the comment above that basically every theme is for old white men these days.

Because at this moment in history we are, as far as funds for pinball, top of the food chain. Adult themes sell. Kids love em for many reasons, some of which are cuz they're not catered to kids. That's the stuff that interested me as a kid.

Besides, most households the Dad/father/husband is paying for these, so HE decides, not the ten year olds.

#20 8 years ago

The time has come for D. Gottlieb & Co. to once again make pinball machines. Gottlieb Development LLC dba D. Gottlieb & Co. that is.

Never say never.......

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The time has come for D. Gottlieb & Co. to once again make pinball machines. Gottlieb Development LLC dba D. Gottlieb & Co. that is.
    Never say never.......

Never. Nuff' said.

#22 8 years ago

My kid would be happier with the $15 investment of an iPad game and a stuffed Minion. Don't buy crap for yourself under the guise of it being for your kids, especially if it costs 5 grand.

#23 8 years ago

I can't think of a worse theme than minions. The sounds alone would drive me to suicide.

#24 8 years ago

I have it from a sketchy source that Minions was on the table, but was re-themed into a wrasslin' game at the last minute...

#26 8 years ago

The didn't do a Kung Fu Panda, Incredibles, Frozen, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Aladdin, Lion King, etc.

Considering the success of those movies why would they do a Minions??

What they really need to do is a Mickey Mouse Pinball.

Quoted from Aurich:

We're taking our kids to see the movie.

How are you gonna post on Pinside if you go see a movie?

#27 8 years ago

Me,i am building the minion pinball, patents pending...image.jpgimage.jpgit is in early development stage now, but i will gladly take your pre order.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Me,i am building the minion pinball, patents pending...image.jpg it is in early development stage now, but i will gladly take your pre order.

Only 1 ramp?

#29 8 years ago

Must be tough making that ramp shot while it's lying on its side.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Me,i am building the minion pinball, patents pending...image.jpg it is in early development stage now, but i will gladly take your pre order.

Already looks like more fun than Magic Girl ever did....

#31 8 years ago

It is superfun, way ahead of magic girl, if john dont deliver i make it myself

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Mickey Mouse Pinball

This! Can't say it enough, a Disney/Pixar pin would kill if done well.

#33 8 years ago

There is the despicable me pin, close as a minions pin gets right now guy in germany made it.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

This! Can't say it enough, a Disney/Pixar pin would kill if done well.

Quoted from BloodyCactus:

There is the despicable me pin, close as a minions pin gets right now guy in germany made it.

kingdom hearts maybe? covers all bases. my kids would love it.

#36 8 years ago

I vote with my wallet.

Next!!

#37 8 years ago

Took my kids to see Minions. It was fun. Didn't have quite the charm of the first two films, but I didn't really care, we had a good time. Both my girls thought it was their favorite of the three, they just love the little guys. Can't blame them, they're great little characters.

I doubt anyone will ever make a pin based on it. But it would be a solid theme if they did.

#38 8 years ago

cd7932012974af655fc293d9b488eaf4.jpgcd7932012974af655fc293d9b488eaf4.jpg

Stern

#39 8 years ago

home gaming system game: yes.
    iphone game: yes.
    flash game: yes.
    redemption machine: yes

pinball? I just dont see it being nearly as attractive to the pinball demographic.

If some one was going to do a kid-appeal theme it would have to me WAY more timeless:
    Think Disney or Pixar....

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video
    No thanks ! Dud.

If a 5 year old can decipher "WTF" from that toy McDonald's Minion I would be less concerned about what the Minion is saying and more concerned with how I'm going to pay for her to go to M.I.T.

4 months later
    #41 8 years ago

we are building a serious one now...

Forum » Game manufacturers » Boutique pinball » We are building a minions pinball! updates every friday!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-will-be-doing-a-minions-game-but-who and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.