(Topic ID: 94331)

Someone stole my White Water topper (dome and waterfall)

By Kerry_Richard

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Chuck_Sherman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-01-11-15-30-59.png
image-328.jpg

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

You could not have gotten more thumb ups if you posted nude pics of Aphrodite. Nice!

I had no clue who Aphrodite was till I googled her. Must say she is pretty well endowed

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It's definitely a pinhead, which really sucks too.

That's definitely an assumption sir.

#53 5 years ago

Reading this makes me sick.

Nothing I hate more than a thief.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

That really sucks. I just tossed a topper done in the garbage two days ago! Had a crack in the back but would have been useable until you got a new one. Guess you are going to have to put cameras in if you choose to allow play. Also, had to be more than one person involved to get that off and out of your place would be my guess so maybe someone will talk!

If you ever have something you are getting rid of, you should offer it in the pay it forward thread. I could have used a better dome.

#55 5 years ago

Is it possible that someone stole the topper not to put it on their machine, but to sell it?
Would it be possible to match your guest records (location) to people who tried to sell a WW topper on eBay? That would be easy to do, at least narrow it down to a few people, if indeed anyone was selling WW toppers on eBay the past few months.

#56 5 years ago

I will look to twisted pins first....I support people with heart and dedication in this industry. Well played and a class act Travis

#57 5 years ago

I was just thinking about this topper - it has security torx so it take a little planning to steal that thing. how disappointing.

Also, thanks for having rentals with games! We rent houses/condos every now and then and would love it if there was a game there.

#58 5 years ago

Hey, can you get a fingerprint sample of around the topper maybe?

#59 5 years ago

It is pretty amazing that someone would know enough to realize the value of the topper. Did you happen to mention it to anyone, or is one of your renters a pinhead? Of all things to steal...

#60 5 years ago

E-mail them individually and ask if they recall seeing it. Might narrow down when it disappeared.

Chris

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

E-mail them individually and ask if they recall seeing it. Might narrow down when it disappeared.
Chris

Yup, do this.

Then, when you install the replacement, use "one way" screws or at least some obscure type of security bit screw.

#62 5 years ago

Or use carriage bolts and have the nuts on the inside, safe from any tools at all.

Look at your coin door if you need an example.

#63 5 years ago

contact previous renters. I'm sure they all played pinball at one point of their stay. Ask if they remember topper or have picture of machine they took. Maybe you could narrow down who it might have been. I guess the only way to stop this is give check list to cleaners, but who would have thought someone would be that low to steal it.

#64 5 years ago

When *I* rented a beach house, I broke into the Hook pinball machine and repaired it, using the lockdown bar spring to replace a missing flipper return spring. Fixed a couple other issues too.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Hey, can you get a fingerprint sample of around the topper maybe?

LOL

"Leeds? Oh yeah, we brought in a whole crew of detectives on this.

Got 'em working in shifts!!!

LEEDS!"

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When *I* rented a beach house, I broke into the Hook pinball machine and repaired it, using the lockdown bar spring to replace a missing flipper return spring. Fixed a couple other issues too.

I did the same back about on 2003 or so in a ski rental place out in Colorado. They had a HS2 that something (I can't remember what exactly) wasn't working. Found the keys on top of the water heater in the utility room and opened the game up. A couple wires needed soldered but I didn't have a soldering iron. I stripped the wires and wrapped them around the lug so the game would work.

But yeah stealing stuff is just plain wrong. If the topper had the security torx screws it would have taken a *little* more effort to remove. Somebody knew it's value for sure.

#68 5 years ago

There have been dozens & dozens of guests (probably 40-50 bookings), who have been there since this was taken. Ironically, some of my guests do play the games, while other could care less.

I've put my clean crew on notice for certain unique things like this. I've been very fortunate not to have much damage or theft, for that matter.

I'm certain this was a pinhead. Who else would bring a Torx tool and remove a valuable WH20 topper, including the waterfalls? In my opinion, most non-pinheads wouldn't even notice it was missing (like my house cleaners).

I do have people who inquire ask what games are there. I have about a dozen arcade games at each. The 3 larger homes each have 2 pinballs. I own 4 of these vacation homes, in Lake Tahoe. I get probably 10-25 emails, calls and inquiries daily. It is difficult to keep track of who may have asked about video games vs what pinballs are there.

Thanks for all your feedback and input.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Kerry sorry to hear that somebody did this to you! We are in the final stages of the revised topper and it addresses all of the problems the first version had.
The new toppers will be available here in a few weeks. I will gladly donate a new topper and dome to you. Just send me an email with your info and we will take care of you.
travis@twistedpins.com

I'm not surprised. These are some seriously devoted people. Pinheads serving pinheads!

#70 5 years ago

I have about a dozen arcade games at each. The 3 larger homes each have 2 pinballs. I own 4 of these vacation homes, in Lake Tahoe. I get probably 10-25 emails, calls and inquiries daily. It is difficult to keep track of who may have asked about video games vs what pinballs are there.
Thanks for all your feedback and input.

Hmmm maybe you dont need a "free" topper!

#71 5 years ago

I have always assumed that pins in my seasonal rentals would be more of a headache than it's worth. Do you provide keys to the machine in the event of a stuck ball, etc, and hope that the renters know what to do from there?

I have Multicade-60s and Nintendo Playchoice-10s in my seasonal rentals for this reason, but I've contemplated putting a pin or two in each one too.

#72 5 years ago

What a bummer to hear about this Kerry. I'm glad the pinball community has come to help like they always do.
Karma will catch up to the culprit..It always does.

5 months later
#73 4 years ago

Has anyone heard from Travis at Twisted Pins re: how soon these (White Water water falls topper) will be available?

#74 4 years ago

Has anyone heard from Travis at Twisted Pins re: how soon these (White Water water falls topper) will be available?

Ever get the one they were gonna send you?

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Ever get the one they were gonna send you?

Guess not, otherwise he was not asking if anyone heard something ....

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Guess not, otherwise he was not asking if anyone heard something ....

What he said.

1 week later
#77 4 years ago

I have left messages (phone) and emails un-answered. I purchased a blue Taxi spin out ramp in July (charged to my credit card 5 months ago). Travis emailed me back then saying he was going to ship both (Taxi ramp & WH20 fallers topper) at the same time. I've rec'vd nothing

#78 4 years ago

Wow. I missed this thread the first time around. Its insane to think that someone who can afford a Tahoe vacation would do something like this.

Quoted from pinwillie:

Karma will catch up to the culprit..It always does.

I hope so.

#79 4 years ago

I've put my clean crew on notice for certain unique things like this. I've been very fortunate not to have much damage or theft, for that matter.
I'm certain this was a pinhead. Who else would bring a Torx tool and remove a valuable WH20 topper, including the waterfalls? In my opinion, most non-pinheads wouldn't even notice it was missing (like my house cleaners).

How do you know it wasn't somebody in the cleaning crew?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

How do you know it wasn't somebody in the cleaning crew?

I don't... however, it was stolen right off the top (could have been anyone; cleaners or guests), they would need a torx screw driver (probably a pinhead) and not be of any value to anyone, unless they owned a White Water.

2 weeks later
#81 4 years ago

Has anyone heard from Travis re: White Water falls topper or even Taxi Spin Out ramp?

Shortly after he offered to give me a "Free" repo Falls topper (which I greatly appreciated, in this thread) when I mentioned mine was stolen off the top of the game... I agreed to purchase his Taxi Spin Out ramp back in July 2014 (6 months ago). He said he would ship both together. I haven't recv'd the Spin Out Ramp, or any update from Travis for over 5 months. My credit card was charged $136.84 7/16/14.

I'm happy to purchase both. Anyone heard anything on either?

Thanks
Kerry

#82 4 years ago

unfortunately this is his MO is seems. I remember someone loaning him parts at one point and then he vanished for 6 months. Once he made his business to sell parts then the guy finally got his parts back. He seems to go between being extremely good and non-existent. I thought I saw someone recently post that he was not doing pinball stuff and was concentrating on his normal 9-5 thing instead???

Good luck in getting a resolution.

#83 4 years ago

It says first Quarter 2015 for these

2015-01-11-15-30-59.png
#84 4 years ago

I've called and emailed Travis many times, in the past 5 months.

I've rec'vd no response at all in 5 months. Something as simple as "we are looking to get them out 1st qtr 2015" would have been easy and helpful.

#85 4 years ago

I've called and emailed Travis many times, in the past 5 months.
I've rec'vd no response at all in 5 months. Something as simple as "we are looking to get them out 1st qtr 2015" would have been easy and helpful.

#86 4 years ago

I've been waiting for a topper (paid in full) since Day 1.

Doooooooooh

rd.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Doooooooooh
rd.

I was supposed to pick up mine at pagg. Pretty glad they didn't have any. That being said, I'm still hopeful these will be out soon.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Doooooooooh
rd.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I was supposed to pick up mine at pagg. Pretty glad they didn't have any. That being said, I'm still hopeful these will be out soon.

I was too but there was a BS excuse why it didn't happen.
Bottom line is they didn't work and that is why they were not there.
I would have been royally pissed if I had removed my working one and applied this one so yeah, I am also glad they were not there.
:/

#90 4 years ago

Update... I called again and got thru to Travis this morning. He apologized and said he's been very busy with stencils, as many pinheads are re-doing their cabinets in the winter months.

He thinks the White Water toppers will be done in 2-3 months. I paid for a Taxi Spin Out ramp 6 months ago which he/we agreed would ship with WH20 topper back then. He said he'll ship it (Taxi ramp) tomorrow.

So, hopefully I get the Taxi ramp soon and I'll just wait to see what materializes with topper.

Kerry

6 months later
#91 4 years ago

Bump with WW Topper
I too are waiting for replacement without any returned emails.

#92 4 years ago

Crickets...

#93 4 years ago

Did you get the Taxi Ramp at least?

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Did you get the Taxi Ramp at least?

Yes... I finally got the Taxi ramp.

#95 4 years ago

Yikes! Still with these guys, what a lousy bunch. A shame since I thought their taxi spin out ramps were super nice and a sign of things to come. Sorry you are still out a topper Kerry.

#96 4 years ago

I must say, I appreciate the work he put in on the Taxi ramp. Sorry to hear others are having issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside