(Topic ID: 94331)

Someone stole my White Water topper (dome and waterfall)

By Kerry_Richard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-01-11-15-30-59.png
image-328.jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I own a vacation home in Lake Tahoe, CA. I have many arcade games for my guests to play and enjoy (Ms. PacMan ~ Galaga ~ air hockey ~ pair Rush the Rock drivers ~ Crazy Taxi ~ Mega Touch ~ Bumper Pool ~ 2 pinballs). One pinball was a White Water.

My clean crew didn't notice that one of my guests removed the dome and the waterfalls inside, on top the game. I've had a dozens guests in and out and wouldn't know which one who did. It's definitely a pinhead, which really sucks too.

I need to replace it, any help? I know BAA & Marco sell the clear domes for WW & FT. Are there any good repo waterfalls available?

#2 9 years ago

Kerry, twisted pins are working on the repro's still. There is a thread about it here that is pretty new. Domes are easy to find. Hopefully the repro's will be spot on and available soon!

Sorry to,hear you had some thieves stay in your place. Hopefully you can narrow it down and get it back!

#3 9 years ago

Sorry to hear about your topper, that sucks.

Here is the TP link: http://www.twistedpins.com/products/parts/whitewater_topper/?ProductID=73

#4 9 years ago

That's a low act.

#5 9 years ago

definately a low act, especially when you have been invited over as a guest. thats actually theft and a chargeable offense.

#6 9 years ago

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

#7 9 years ago

That really stinks.

I would contact all renters and advise them of the theft and advise that you will be reviewing all outside security footage from last dozen renters to identify culprit - and police will then be involved. If it is returned before you review footage just ban from renting to in future - no police involvement.

As I write this, I wonder if I was a renter would I be pissed to get this. Nah. Because I didn't do it and I'd feel bad for you. But understood if you didnt wan't to take this route with customers.

Good luck!

#8 9 years ago

I'm putting up a original on eBay today

#9 9 years ago

Thieves are among the lowest forms of life. Whoever did that is a mega scumbag.

#10 9 years ago

I've never been to Cali either.. Just so that is clear. Sorry they stole your stuff

#11 9 years ago

That completely sucks Kerry... Sorry to hear about this as I know what your plans are for the game. Hopefully you can find a cheap replacement soon. I'll keep my eyes open for you as well.

Have a great Father's Day regardless my friend.

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#12 9 years ago

Thanks Guys for the info...

It looks like Twisted pins repo at $270, plus Dome topper at $70, plus shipping from 2 different sources, will be approx $400. Bummer This WW looks naked without it, and it's such a cool feature.

Makes me wonder how someone in our hobby would do that to another pinball enthusiast. Maybe one of the stinky guys at a pinball show???

#13 9 years ago

Do you keep the renters emails on file? Check the emails with google search, put in the email and the word pinball see if you get a hit.

#14 9 years ago

What's the other pin? I may want to rent from you next time I head to Tahoe! Sorry about the topper, you can trust me as I don't like toppers.

#15 9 years ago

That sucks, my friend. I'd love to pound whoever stole, but I doubt we'll ever know. Unfortunately, the current Twisted Pins replacement doesn't work. Hopefully they get it right eventually.

#16 9 years ago

Kerry sorry to hear that somebody did this to you! We are in the final stages of the revised topper and it addresses all of the problems the first version had.

The new toppers will be available here in a few weeks. I will gladly donate a new topper and dome to you. Just send me an email with your info and we will take care of you.

[email protected]

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Kerry sorry to hear that somebody did this to you! We are in the final stages of the revised topper and it addresses all of the problems the first version had.
The new toppers will be available here in a few weeks. I will gladly donate a new topper and dome to you. Just send me an email with your info and we will take care of you.
[email protected]

Super nice gesture!

#18 9 years ago

That really sucks. I just tossed a topper done in the garbage two days ago! Had a crack in the back but would have been useable until you got a new one. Guess you are going to have to put cameras in if you choose to allow play. Also, had to be more than one person involved to get that off and out of your place would be my guess so maybe someone will talk!

#19 9 years ago

sorry to hear this, who ever did it is a piece of shit, I believe karma will take care of them for stealing from you, I could not imagine stealing from someone and being able to sleep at night, I guess the scumbags don't have that problem

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Super nice gesture!

wow! you are awesome! good karma coming your way

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

That is so cool and a huge reason why this hobby ROCKS!

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

Wow. You are a class act!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

Travis, a very nice gesture there! thumbs up!!, sux when theft happens

#24 9 years ago

WOW Travis... that's incredible! Thank You!

You are very generous in offering me that. I'll certainly take picts and post a review, of your new & improved topper when it arrives.

Thanks again!
Kerry

#25 9 years ago

fantastic gesture!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

Wauw!!

Extra special, because you had some misfortune with the first batch .... but still you help another who had some mishap.

Class Act!
Hope this karma comes around when your new batch is in the selling-stage

#27 9 years ago

In the meantime, track down the possible thief. Any security camera footage or anything?

#28 9 years ago

Maybe you could ask the guests if they recall it being there to narrow down a time frame.
Or some of them may have taken pictures.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

great stuff Travis! Glad to hear the next version is nearing completion ans SUPER nice of you to give back in this crappy situation!

#30 9 years ago

If you haven't returned the security deposit keep it and maybe the guy who signed the contract can find out which one of his guests stole it.

#31 9 years ago

You might also try to figure out if this happened via your cleaners. A friend of mine growing up was always having things stolen when they went away. It wasn't the cleaning folks , but rather some deadbeat friend of one of the cleaning people's teenage kids.

Sounds like it's resolved thanks to some awesome generosity. Class act!

#32 9 years ago

Although it is pretty lousy that this even happened in the first place, I definitely like how our pin community steps up to help when and where it can--thumbs up Twisted! And Kerry, pins and arcade games in a rental is awesome! If I ever need to rent a place in Tahoe I'll be sure to contact you!

#33 9 years ago

Thanks for the comments & input...

As far as cameras & cleaning deposits. I have an alarm system, but no cameras. Cleaning / security deposits are all refunded within 7 days after guests leave (if no damage, extra cleaning and/or theft of WW topper!).

Unfortunately, this happened after many dozens of guests have come and gone already. There is just no way for me to find out. My cleaning crew just didn't notice the topper missing.

#34 9 years ago

I hate people that steal!!!

Too bad about the topper, but it looks like things will work out for you.

Awesome gesture by Travis... The story shows you the bad and good side of people.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Unfortunately, this happened after many dozens of guests have come and gone already.

If you have any record of those people. Check whose collections have a White Water. Probably not many.

LTG : )™

#36 9 years ago

Hey Travis that is so super cool. Nothing sucks worse than getting ripped off!!!!!! People like Travis , James Loflin , Cliffy ,Pam and Martin Reynolds , Curly, CPR guys Kerry Stair, LLoyd[LTG] , John Robertson and many unsung others.. in this passion rock and make it fun to be in. Class acts all around . Makes me proud to be a pinball fanatic.

Hope the scumbag thief gets whats coming around sooner than later.

#37 9 years ago

^^ STG ! Sherlock that is

#38 9 years ago

I have a rental property as well. Things get stolen all the time. Usually trivial stuff such as cards, bottle openers, but once someone stole my blender. My cleaning and maintenance team also missed it so I had to but a new one. The fact is people will steal just about anything.

I will make sure I remind them to check the METLE topper at every visit.

#39 9 years ago

The topper has torx security screws all the way around the dome. This was pre-meditated topper stealing, at its best.

#40 9 years ago

WOW Travis... that's incredible! Thank You!
You are very generous in offering me that. I'll certainly take picts and post a review, of your new & improved topper when it arrives.
Thanks again!
Kerry

Kerry

We are more than happy to help you out!! I hate to hear about anybody in this hobby having anything stolen from them. This is such a small community that we need to help each other out whenever we can. What goes around comes around I believe.

Travis

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

This is such a small community that we need to help each other out whenever we can. What goes around comes around I believe.

Twisted pins has earned my future biz.
Well played!

#42 9 years ago

Travis, cool move. There are so many great people in this hobby!

#43 9 years ago

Awesome move Travis, Its all about the hobby and good Karma for it. Twisted pins you rock!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

This kind gesture demonstrates the fact that there are really good people involved in this hobby. Bravo, Travis!

#45 9 years ago

The topper has torx security screws all the way around the dome. This was pre-meditated topper stealing, at its best.

and no one else was around to notice/or to witness this removal ? .

very nice gesture from TwistedPins.

#46 9 years ago

That's Greasy?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Kerry
We are more than happy to help you out!! I hate to hear about anybody in this hobby having anything stolen from them. This is such a small community that we need to help each other out whenever we can. What goes around comes around I believe.
Travis

Class act.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

It is things like this that makes pinball special !

LTG : )™

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

[email protected]

You could not have gotten more thumb ups if you posted nude pics of Aphrodite. Nice!

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Twisted pins has earned my future biz.
Well played!

Yep, Agreed...well played my friend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-stole-my-white-water-topper-dome-and-waterfall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.