Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GoldenBear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sbv_excel2.jpg
    sbv_website-proposal.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

To assist in describing some one or actually collaboratively this group should set up standards for descriptions and possibly grading of a machine for objective assessment of a machine when selling or trading pinball machines. For example, criteria for giving a grade for the playfield...like glossy colors, no scratches, no insert damage or lifting and pics of these things could be included so the newbie could understand the important features of how to grade. To be even more thorough, pics of almost every machine in different states to demonstrate these differences could be shown. Maybe this could even be part of the IPDB
    For cabinets, pics could be posted to show and objectively evaluate cabinet fading, nicks or scratches etc.
    Many categories could be evaluated to give a pinball an overall score.
    Then when a pinball is listed an objective score could be used like playfield B+ by pinside universal pinball score. Even better would be a check list where each category starts out with a score of 100 and for every type of deterioration or damage points are subtracted per and objective score

Just a thought...

#4 11 years ago

I think to avoid the initial arguments a small committee or a well intentioned seasoned collector /seller/buyer should set up the criteria....from there suggestions could be considered but not necessarily taken. If it is built fairly without too much bias towards buyer or seller than I think it would eventually stand up. I am sure as you stated initially it would be rather controversial. It would have to be someone's project for a while I would expect.

#11 11 years ago

if someone adopts this project who has enough passion and time, I believe the guide could give the person some pinball fame by allowing that person's name to be used in the name of the guide...much like "kelly" blue book, Clay,s Pinball repair guide, Scoville scale for food heat, etc... It could be someones lifelong recognition in the pinball community....recognition that newbies and old timers would know for decades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GoldenBear.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-should-build-a-website-with-guidelines-for-rating-pinball-condition?tu=GoldenBear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.