Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 9 years ago

It's either taken or landfill by now, that appeared yesterday.

Hard to tell from the pics but looks like the backglass may have been decent.

#3 9 years ago

Looks like it needs work.

#4 9 years ago

lol u could say that

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hard to tell from the pics but looks like the backglass may have been decent.

Quoted from Blackjacker:

Looks like it needs work.

Most likely just needs a couple of fuses

Ken

#6 9 years ago

Needs work? I think it looks ready to play.

#7 9 years ago

Too bad someone didn't get the serial #. Scratch that one off as gone forever.

#8 9 years ago

Hopefully it gets into the hands of a quality restorer. If not, perhaps it will be found as a regular CL listing for a good deal. An easy way for someone to flip a few bucks.

#9 9 years ago

certainly could offer many good parts to get other projects going!

#10 9 years ago

Hopefully the bottom motor board is still attached. The front on the game is an easy fixed.You never know it could have a beautiful backglass and playfield. If it was close to me i would have gobbled that game up. The Add a Ball guys have that game at the top of the wedgehead list. I hope it didin't get trashed.

#11 9 years ago

Probably the guy who listed it on Cl put it there loading the dumpster and couldnt lift it to put it in. Looks like the bottom of the cabinet took a hit. A shame.

#12 9 years ago

Oh gosh! I hope someone grabbed this. What a shame!

#13 9 years ago

Miles wise, it's not out of reach for me, but traffic and hassle wise; fuggedaboudit! If I could be assured that it's still there, I'd seriously consider it. It's almost surely gone though.

#14 9 years ago

I would of grabbed that in a heart beat! I have a spare cab to throw the guts in.
hard to tell but the bg looks pretty good

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I would of grabbed that in a heart beat! I have a spare cab to throw the guts in.hard to tell but the bg looks pretty good

Yes........... hard to believe they would dump the Backglass and Playfield.
One man's junk is another man's treasure...........

#16 9 years ago

UPDATE: I called someone who is fairly local to the area. He went there, and sadly the "Subway" has perished. He said they broke it up and threw it in the dumpster. I asked him if the playfield was salvageable, but he said there were bags of cement and all kinds of tile and debris on top of everything. I do believe however that someone managed to get the backglass and some other parts before it was thrown into the dumpster. I woke up early this morning, and it was on my mind. If I had known for certain that it was still there, I would have gone down and rescued it. It's really sad. Yeah, it's just a pinball machine, and because it's no longer in circulation it might raise the value of mine slightly, but I'm still really bothered by this. Mine could have used a better playfield, and I have a feeling that aside from the cabinet, this game was not really bad. Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda!!!!
Yeah, I shoulda gone down there as soon as I saw the posting and tried to rescue it! Oh well.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

He said they broke it up and threw it in the dumpster.

The heartache. I say we go to the construction site and teardown their progress.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

The heartache. I say we go to the construction site and teardown their progress.

We could call ourselves....... The Pinside mafia.......... LOL.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

We could call ourselves....... The Pinside mafia.......... LOL.

Some Italian blood does flow in my veins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-rescue-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.