Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F464DB5A-5552-4459-AAF0-4A9D4EB600AE (resized).jpeg
433EEBA4-C67F-4064-8E07-369F2BF5FFDA (resized).jpeg
C4D8F745-97AA-47E8-BFEA-A3BDC3FCE860 (resized).jpeg
0717181921 (resized).jpg
0B3BD998-E222-489E-9F0D-6FDE28A478DB (resized).png
1B9BBF43-BA36-4485-945F-B53436AAEFBC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Murphdom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I picked up a Central Park a short time back and haven’t done much with it until recently. One interesting thing I found is that someone cut a notch in the side of the shooter lane so if the ball drains in that area the ball will return to the shooter lane. Whoever did it did a decent job because there is no paint loss.

0B3BD998-E222-489E-9F0D-6FDE28A478DB (resized).png0B3BD998-E222-489E-9F0D-6FDE28A478DB (resized).png1B9BBF43-BA36-4485-945F-B53436AAEFBC (resized).jpeg1B9BBF43-BA36-4485-945F-B53436AAEFBC (resized).jpeg
#4 4 years ago

What kind of wood is it?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That is some hack. It appears that getting the ball back to top is now fairly easy. With some practice a shot from the left flipper could make that gap.
Replacing the rail will make it right. If you could find a small one way roll under gate, that could cover that up. The stainless part in the shooter lane which Gottlieb calls an Arch Stick Protector A-9933, could be put over the gap as well.

I think I’m going to replace the wood. I would like to keep it as close to original as possible.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

I'm fairly sure I have extras of those...if Ken strikes out, or you don't want to get it shipped to you. I will be at the Saratoga show if you plan to come to that? Otherwise it shouldn't be too much to ship, except the length might make it more...
I'm talking about the wood piece, but I might have one of those lane guides too...some are harder to come by than others...hard to tell exactly which one that game uses from pics.
LMK...Sean

Thanks Sean I really I appreciate the offer but I think Ken was going to ship me one. Can anyone confirm what kind of wood was used? Just out of curiosity. I was thinking maple. Is that show worth while?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Does it improved the gameplay? It looks like it might add to the game.

It does a little bit. The ball needs to drop in from the top though. They used the old metal rail and bent it so that it drops in. In the picture it’s not properly placed because I removed it to clean it. It was loosely stuck in there but when it’s placed right you can’t shoot it from the bottom.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

And I did find a ball ramp! (I parted out a CP about 5 years ago).

Thanks Ken. I do remember seeing your mouse nest of a CP post. That was an interesting find.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Absolutely! It’s 50-odd machines, but very well organized and spacious. Well worth the efforts. Do be advised that the hotel situation is going to be tough- it happens during track season, and most of the hotels are sold out months in advance. Many people stay at the Albany hotels, which are about 30 minutes away.

I’ll try and make it at least one day. I went to my first two shows this year being new to the hobby. Pinfest and Pintastic. Pintastic was a feat in itself. I have an injured right hand with torn tendons which includes the flipper finger that happened last week. I wasn’t going to let it hold me back because I had been waiting to go for a few months so I played with my hands rolled forward and used my thumbs. I will have to see where I am at by then. I am going nuts not being able to tinker around the house with two hands.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Actually, a raspberry pi with some updated code would be good!

I’m in the process of making a multicade run off of raspberry pi. I have to make the wife happy once in a while. I gutted a Stern 1942 cabinet and kept the theme. Lots of body work to be done and some decals that came all the way from Madrid. It’s going to fit nicely next to my Chicago Coin Apollo Moonshot Rifle.

Ken will hate me for this but I’ll admit that the first game I picked up I converted to LEDs. I saw it at a show recently and the person who bought it just made it worse by adding more color LEDs. Never again.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

What a fun shooter. I had one for years and only cut it loose due to downsizing.[quoted image]

Picked mine up from a fellow pinsider. Everything is original but the rifle.
433EEBA4-C67F-4064-8E07-369F2BF5FFDA (resized).jpeg433EEBA4-C67F-4064-8E07-369F2BF5FFDA (resized).jpegC4D8F745-97AA-47E8-BFEA-A3BDC3FCE860 (resized).jpegC4D8F745-97AA-47E8-BFEA-A3BDC3FCE860 (resized).jpegF464DB5A-5552-4459-AAF0-4A9D4EB600AE (resized).jpegF464DB5A-5552-4459-AAF0-4A9D4EB600AE (resized).jpeg

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

You have to love a game that has a built in cigarette holder.

Hipsters are going to want the new machines to have spots for their giant vape pens. Somebody let Stern know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Murphdom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-modded-my-central-park?tu=Murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.