8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by AlexF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

So I have this old Exhibit Supply Glass for sale on Craigslist.
    janesville.craigslist.org link
    It would almost be useable. Except the triple thick on the backside must have softened in storage. It adhered itself in a couple spots to the black foam it was stored in. That's not what's weird though. Someone has mirrored my ad but without a pic.

madison.craigslist.org link
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I did not post any of these three. Not sure what to make of it? Maybe they have one too? Seems unlikely?

#2 8 years ago

That is weird. I'd guess it's someone phishing, and your's was the unlucky target.

#3 8 years ago

I flagged the copy cat ads. We'll see if anything happens.

#4 8 years ago

I did too. It takes a few different IP addresses flagging them to knock them out though I think.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

So I have this old Exhibit Supply Glass for sale on Craigslist.
    It would almost be useable. Except the triple thick on the backside must have softened in storage. It adhered itself in a couple spots to the black foam it was stored in. That's not what's weird though. Someone has mirrored my ad but without a pic.
    madison.craigslist.org link
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link
    I did not post any of these three. Not sure what to make of it? Maybe they have one too? Seems unlikely?

Do another test ad in Janesville.........I think you will find that ads from Janesville also get listed in milwaukee and madison for more exposure.....not sure but it may be an option?

#6 8 years ago

I have a bunch of other stuff listed currently and none of my other ads were duplicated in other markets.

#7 8 years ago

Flagged

That would be the easy way to get real seeming adds for scams- just steal those too!

#8 8 years ago

make a new email address. respond to mirrored ad using craigslist link and see if you get the email

#9 8 years ago

I thought about that initially. Thinking maybe I duplicated one by mistake and I could verify through email if it was mine. Then I noticed the ad in nearby markets and that was the giveaway something weird was going on. Also when you go into your Craigslist account you can review all your ads (current, expired or deleted). None of those show up. After that I didn't want to email as I didn't want to get involved in whatever it is their trying to accomplish.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-mirroring-my-ad-on-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.