Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mr68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

All from the same private seller listed today in individual ads on Denver's Craigslist.

Kiss Premium $6800
    Addams Family $5800
    Mustang Premium $6800
    Spiderman $5500
    Ironman $4800
    Metallica Pro $4800
    Star Trek Premium $6800
    Walking Dead $4800
    WOZ $9500
    WWE $4800

#2 8 years ago

Doesn't really look like he's too motivated to sell them.

#3 8 years ago

A little further down the page is an EBD for $1500.

#4 8 years ago

Judge Dredd is a $2200 game folks.

#5 8 years ago

Hmmmm, he seems to be pretty savvy about the pinball market. Hard to believe he could have built a collection like that and not know of Pinside. Wonder why he hasn't advertised here? :scratchingmyhead:

#6 8 years ago

Was this the guy who listed all the games on Mr Pinball.. I saw a bunch from someone moving.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonder why he hasn't advertised here? :scratchingmyhead:

Maybe he doesn't want to deal with a bunch of cheap bastards and pay a fee on top of that. I can see how he got tired of those games though.

#8 8 years ago

I didn't think about the CL link changing as new listings are added so I've edited my original comment and listed the games for sale. Eventually I will go back and delete the link.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hmmmm, he seems to be pretty savvy about the pinball market. Hard to believe he could have built a collection like that and not know of Pinside. Wonder why he hasn't advertised here? :scratchingmyhead:

I called the number and know who he is now. I lost track of him about 4 years ago and it was no great loss. He is (or was) a collector that doesn't work on his machines or even play them. They're show pieces in his home for the maid to dust off and the occasionally party guest.

He's totally on the fringe of our community and gives nothing back. To each his own but, ugh.

FYI: Don't expect a price discount from him. Double ugh.

#10 8 years ago

You sure he's not a regular around here?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You sure he's not a regular around here?

Rumor is he often changes his Pinside avatar to stay incognito.

#12 8 years ago

I never understood why people care what others do with their pins, pass judgement on them and come off like they are better than them. I could care less if this guy doesn't play his games, has a maid dust them or use them as showpieces. Why does that make him any less of a collector than guys who do play their games? Why does any one care?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I never understood why people care what others do with their pins, pass judgement on them and come off like they are better than them. I could care less if this guy doesn't play his games, has a maid dust them or use them as showpieces. Why does that make him any less of a collector than guys who do play their games? Why does any one care?

Why are you passing judgment on me? Why do you care?

#15 8 years ago

. I could care less if this guy doesn't play his games

Suuuuure. But how MUCH less?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Why are you passing judgment on me? Why do you care?

Because people like you are what's wrong with pinside.

#17 8 years ago

Disagree

I enjoy mr68 and aurich's posts, call me crazy!

#18 8 years ago

I think that guy hasn't really come to terms with the fact that you usually lose money on NIB games when it comes time to sell. He'll figure it out when none of them move.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Disagree
    I enjoy mr68 and aurich's posts, call me crazy!

Flank your crazy, bring some comedic needed relief and your not what's wrong with pinside. Aurich is good with me too, but damn people on this site act so damn elitist. Why the hell does mr68 care about some guy selling games and what said guy does with them?

Thread after thread is filled with this crap.

I should have ignored and drained the topic but couldn't resist.

#20 8 years ago

Flank your crazy, bring some comedic needed relief and your not what's wrong with pinside. Aurich is good with me too, but damn people on this site act so damn elitist. Why the hell does mr68 care about some guy selling games and what said guy does with them?

So did you sell any of your games yet with those asking prices?

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So did you sell any of your games yet with those asking prices?

Which games are you referring to?

#22 8 years ago

Which games are you referring to?

Kiss Premium $6800
    Addams Family $5800
    Mustang Premium $6800
    spiderman $5500
    Ironman $4800
    Metallica Pro $4800
    Star Trek Premium $6800
    Walking Dead $4800
    WOZ $9500
    WWE $4800

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Kiss Premium $6800
    Addams Family $5800
    Mustang Premium $6800
    spiderman $5500
    Ironman $4800
    Metallica Pro $4800
    Star Trek Premium $6800
    Walking Dead $4800
    WOZ $9500
    WWE $4800

? You seem to be confused.

#24 8 years ago

I figured that was your for sale post, because you were upset with Kim bustin your nuts.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I figured that was your for sale post, because you were upset with Kim bustin your nuts.

Haha no. Thing is, this week I sold a ton of pins, a few pinsiders did pick up but there were 3 different people that picked up games this week with great collections. When I mentioned pinside all three of them said they stay away from the site with all the negativity and aggression. I said it's not that bad and sure enough the first thread I open today, I was proven wrong. It's like pinside threads are not complete with out people acting elitist or passing constant judgement. Just sucks to see so many random people stay off the site because of it.

#26 8 years ago

the first thread I open up when I come here is Lionman. Can i say that here? It's only referencing the Lionman thread in context.

#27 8 years ago

We all get annoyed with each other one way or the other, it happens....some of the prices aren't too insane, TWD-IM-MET

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Judge Dredd is a $2200 game folks.

I don't think the JD was listed by the same guy selling all of these other pins.

#29 8 years ago

It's a free country. People will say what they want. Just like your allowed to say what you want. I tend to agree with you that there is little gained by starting a thread like this. Just continues the negativity. Either by the op, others or even you.

Grandma always said if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it. It might be why she is 94 and everyone still loves to be around her.

In the end the market will tell him that his prices are to high. If he is looking to move those machines sooner than later then he will probably have to lower his prices.

Just my 2 cents in a pile of dimes.

Chris

#30 8 years ago

Shoot, if I lived in Denver I'd be selling all of my machines too!

There is so much great pinball to play on location there.

Also the skateparks and the scenery are the things dreams are made of.

Damn, does anyone wanna buy my collection/house so I can move to Denver?

#31 8 years ago

has a maid dust them or use them

Or maybe he got caught dusting the maid and now the misses is selling them.

#32 8 years ago

I found it unusual that a single seller lists 10 games for sale in less than an hour. In essence liquidating his collection. Watching our usually slow Craigslist suddenly blow up was intriguing. My local friends thought so also and so I brought it here.

If thats me going negative on Pinside or stirring the pot, all I can do is roll my eyes. Which is happening with more frequency around here.

As far as my later comment about the seller, its a personal beef and there is much more to the story. And frankly I think I used great restraint in commenting about him and I even used a disclaimer.

Quoted from Mr68:

To each his own

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

We all get annoyed with each other one way or the other, it happens....some of the prices aren't too insane, TWD-IM-MET

Yea if these are nib which presume they are, those prices are spot on for someone local who wants to bypass a distributor and have no warranty

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Grandma always said if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it. It might be why she is 94 and everyone still loves to be around her.

My grandmother is mean, nasty, and 91, and always has something terrible to say about somebody aT any given time. So I'm not sure what the recipe for longevity is really.

#35 8 years ago

This is just my guess, and I am NOT saying I invoke nor promote this:

Some people in this hobby can barely afford any of those games mentioned. It takes some people months to save up half of that for whatever reason: low income, high bills, higher priorities, families to take care of, job insecurity - whatever the case may be. Then, those people see someone afford 10+ games that are each at least double what they can afford, and it can be very frustrating. On top of that, based on the previous description of the seller, his lifestyle, and his lack of passion to play said games, it feels like an insult to injury.

In life, and I have seen this time and time again - it always seems like the people with the easiest access to things are the least passionate or driven about them. Good example: when I was 15, I had some brand-x drumset I bought out of one of those "service merchandise" style catalogs that came to our door. It was all of $200, and it had almost plastic, twangy drum heads, cymbals that had no ring to them at all, hardware that fell apart regularly, but dog gone it - I loved that drumset, and I played so passionately because that was all I could afford. I learned how to upgrade it, tune it, modify it, and my friends told me many times I made that kit sing, and they were amazed at how good it sounded.

Then, we had some kid that had like a Pearl MMX or Tama Starclassic kit (read: Metallica level gear). He had ALL the nicest equipment with gorgeous high-level Zildjian cymbals that sounded like windows breaking when you hit them. The drums sounded absolutely awesome right out of the box, the finish was amazing, and he had absolutely everything he needed right out of the gate to succeed and be incredible at the drums.

Guess how often he played: never. It totally floored me, and then I realized that (possibly) the reason he was not passionate about playing is because everything was handed to him on a silver platter. He didn't work for any of it; it just came to him. There is an old saying in life: things that are worth doing in life normally are not easy.

So to some people that struggle just to get one machine and see this guy sell off 10 machines that are 2x the value of theirs, it can be a bitter situation, and I can understand that. But guess what: life isn't fair, and sometimes things are just going to piss you off, and sometimes you get to suck it up and move on as this guy's life and his decisions have no effect on any of us unless we let them.

I don't know him, I don't know his income or how he got all those awesome games, I don't know his story or what he has been through. Maybe he suffered a family loss and the machines remind him of that person. Maybe he has financial troubles and is trying to keep himself safe. Maybe he had the bug and then had a very bad experience and wants nothing to do with the hobby. Maybe it is none of the above. Who am I to judge? If anything, I am sad to see someone sell off such an awesome collection.

/Logic off

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

If thats me going negative on Pinside or stirring the pot, all I can do is roll my eyes. Which is happening with more frequency around here.

Maybe Pinside needs an overly moderated "Safe Space" sub-forum? Can't have people being disappointed or insulted on the internet!

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I found it unusual that a single seller lists 10 games for sale in less than an hour. In essence liquidating his collection. Watching our usually slow Craigslist suddenly blow up was intriguing. My local friends thought so also and so I brought it here.
    As far as my later comment about the seller, its a personal beef and there is much more to the story. And frankly I think I used great restraint in commenting about him and I even used a disclaimer.

Although it came off like I was singling you out, I don't mean to. It was just bad timing with meeting people in person, sticking up for pinside and then opening a post that some "outsider" was being bashed.

If the seller is a douche or jerk, by all means explain, but to dislike him cause he collects and never plays was disappointing.

And now I'm intrigued, what happened between you guys? Is this someone people should avoid?

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

This is just my guess, and I am NOT saying I invoke nor promote this:
    Some people in this hobby can barely afford any of those games mentioned. It takes some people months to save up half of that for whatever reason: low income, high bills, higher priorities, families to take care of, job insecurity - whatever the case may be. Then, those people see someone afford 10+ games that are each at least double what they can afford, and it can be very frustrating. On top of that, based on the previous description of the seller, his lifestyle, and his lack of passion to play said games, it feels like an insult to injury.
    In life, and I have seen this time and time again - it always seems like the people with the easiest access to things are the least passionate or driven about them. Good example: when I was 15, I had some brand-x drumset I bought out of one of those "service merchandise" style catalogs that came to our door. It was all of $200, and it had almost plastic, twangy drum heads, cymbals that had no ring to them at all, hardware that fell apart regularly, but dog gone it - I loved that drumset, and I played so passionately because that was all I could afford. I learned how to upgrade it, tune it, modify it, and my friends told me many times I made that kit sing, and they were amazed at how good it sounded.
    Then, we had some kid that had like a Pearl MMX or Tama Starclassic kit (read: Metallica level gear). He had ALL the nicest equipment with gorgeous high-level Zildjian cymbals that sounded like windows breaking when you hit them. The drums sounded absolutely awesome right out of the box, the finish was amazing, and he had absolutely everything he needed right out of the gate to succeed and be incredible at the drums.
    Guess how often he played: never. It totally floored me, and then I realized that (possibly) the reason he was not passionate about playing is because everything was handed to him on a silver platter. He didn't work for any of it; it just came to him. There is an old saying in life: things that are worth doing in life normally are not easy.
    So to some people that struggle just to get one machine and see this guy sell off 10 machines that are 2x the value of theirs, it can be a bitter situation, and I can understand that. But guess what: life isn't fair, and sometimes things are just going to piss you off, and sometimes you get to suck it up and move on as this guy's life and his decisions have no effect on any of us unless we let them.
    I don't know him, I don't know his income or how he got all those awesome games, I don't know his story or what he has been through. Maybe he suffered a family loss and the machines remind him of that person. Maybe he has financial troubles and is trying to keep himself safe. Maybe he had the bug and then had a very bad experience and wants nothing to do with the hobby. Maybe it is none of the above. Who am I to judge? If anything, I am sad to see someone sell off such an awesome collection.
    /Logic off

I've been through similar situations and have learned its for my own best interest and sanity to wish others well rather than dwell on it and feel jealous. Life's hard, so if people can afford the good things in life, good for them. Nice to see we are on the same page on that, makes life more enjoyable when your not caught up on what others have and what you may not.

#39 8 years ago

If the seller is a douche or jerk, by all means explain, but to dislike him cause he collects and never plays was disappointing.

As I already said, its much more than that and I did say "To each his own", which you seemed to have overlooked. But I'm not going to go into detail here and explain. Nor will I stoop to a personal insult as you seem to do.

Is this someone people should avoid?

Not at all. Just be sure its cash and carry along with the usual due diligence. Nothing wrong in buying an unused, dust free game.

#40 8 years ago

Man that is quite the game list!

#41 8 years ago

I'm just curious how many of the machines can still be bought NIB. It seems a little silly that a person can buy brand new things, scrape the new off and try to sell for more. I don't think it is unreasonable to see the folly in it.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Or maybe he got caught dusting the maid and now the misses is selling them.

A dumb ass neighbor of mine got caught with the nanny on the kitchen table what a stupid f@#k hot wife as well

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

As I already said, its much more than that and I did say "To each his own", which you seemed to have overlooked. But I'm not going to go into detail here and explain. Nor will I stoop to a personal insult as you seem to do.

You crack me up Kim.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

A dumb ass neighbor of mine got caught with the nanny on the kitchen table what a stupid f@#k hot wife as well

The hot wife could have been a rage monster behind close doors but in most likely hood the guy is just a super tool.

#45 8 years ago

He does this every year. He lists about his entire collection around the holidays to try and get top dollar. He's not attached to very much of it.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

The hot wife could have been a rage monster behind close doors but in most likely hood the guy is just a super tool.

Even if she is a bitch you don't f@#k on the table your kids eat there dinner

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

The nanny is supposed to clean up afterwards

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Drop cloth?

#49 8 years ago

You bang the nanny anywhere you want if your Ben Afflack or the lead singer of Bush Gavin what s his name

#50 8 years ago

Isn't there a Fs in colorado thread already?

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-is-unloading-a-bunch-of-games-in-denver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.