Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Someone I know would like to place pinballs on route. He asked how difficult it would be to learn to fix, and how long it would take to learn? He would also like to know the best way to learn, and what tools he would need? I didn't know where to start. I told him to start here. Any others want to share info with him? Thanks
    Allen

#2 10 years ago

Tell him to go get a job with an operator for half a year. On the job learning.

You might explain that most places that have great equipment, won't let someone else put in a pin or two.

And you might run licensing and insurance by him too.

Tell him to learn as much as he can so he has the best chance at success.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

That's good advise LTG but I think it is near impossible to make a living running pins.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

e

Someone I know would like to place pinballs on route.

Many games make $25 a week. So how much was he expecting to take in?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Many games make $25 a week.

Mine all make more than $25 a week. You should get some new locations.

#6 10 years ago

Yeah, $25/week is pretty low. But it depends on location!

#7 10 years ago

so what is a average week for a pin on route?

#8 10 years ago

25.00 does seem very low. I only have one location as its my best friends bar but man, the pinball machine does a lot more than that.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Someone I know would like to place pinballs on route. He asked how difficult it would be to learn to fix, and how long it would take to learn? He would also like to know the best way to learn, and what tools he would need? I didn't know where to start. I told him to start here. Any others want to share info with him? Thanks
    Allen

Would that someone be you? Haha just know this kinda stuff like my friend wanted to know stuff

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

so what is a average week for a pin on route?

It depends on the split with the location.

#11 10 years ago

It depends. Is it a new Stern or a classic Williams DMD??

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-i-know-asked-me-how-difficult-it-would-be-to-start-a-pinball-route and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.