FFFA5C23-6222-4CE6-9D7F-674191E9824C (resized).png
CA6C45B9-68AF-47D9-BBCB-4CCFA55CF729 (resized).jpeg
C06406C3-0D4E-4151-8269-07225434906E (resized).png
viza1 (resized).jpg
viza2 (resized).jpg
viza4 (resized).jpg
viza3 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I was second in line for the past week for this game. Pinside and IPDB say it was never produced. Guy finally bought them yesterday. Documenting the pictures in case these games stay hidden longer (if the person isnt a pinball person).
Pretty dissapointed by not getting them but hopefully whoever did can fix them and show them off.

viza1 (resized).jpgviza1 (resized).jpgviza2 (resized).jpgviza2 (resized).jpgviza3 (resized).jpgviza3 (resized).jpgviza4 (resized).jpgviza4 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

They had two? Do you have the back story on the machines? Do you know if they worked?

#3 3 years ago

Nice to finally see that mythical game...thanks for sharing

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

They had two? Do you have the back story on the machines? Do you know if they worked?

No. All i could get out of the seller was someone was in front of me. He said they powered on and worked but needed new lights and rubbers. Asked again today if the other party picked them up and he said they were gone. I almost wonder if they were the prototypes. Hopefully they dont end up in a landfill somewhere.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

No. All i could get out of the seller was someone was in front of me. He said they powered on and worked but needed new lights and rubbers. Asked again today if the other party picked them up and he said they were gone. I almost wonder if they were the prototypes. Hopefully they dont end up in a landfill somewhere.

Pry further? Now that the seller doesn’t have them, let them know they’ve got historical significance and they’re quite rare and you’d like to get in contact with the buyer to document them.

#6 3 years ago

You can definitely tell it was made under contract for Viza by Allied Leisure. Very similar layout to Roy Clark, Take 5, Circa 1933, etc.

I've never seen it before, thanks for posting!

#7 3 years ago

Pinside and IPDB say it was never produced.

Hello!

Actually, the IPDB does not say it was never produced. We merely have no pictures of it to show.

If those are your photos that you posted, may we show them on the IPDB?

If you are not their photographer, can you direct me to that person?

Thanks!

Jay
IPDB

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Hello!
Actually, the IPDB does not say it was never produced. We merely have no pictures of it to show.
If those are your photos that you posted, may we show them on the IPDB?
If you are not their photographer, can you direct me to that person?
Thanks!
Jay
IPDB

They were the ad photos. If I had been given and address they would be with me. Ad is still up on raliegh ,nc craigslist.

#10 3 years ago

They were the ad photos. If I had been given and address they would be with me. Ad is still up on raliegh ,nc craigslist.

Ah, okay, thanks.

And thank you, YeOldPinPlayer, for providing the link!

I have messaged the seller.

Jay

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

I have messaged the seller.

I received permission to show the seller's pics but now the new owner has nicely contacted me, too, so hopefully I will receive from him pictures that will be taken more from a photo-documentarian viewpoint.

#12 3 years ago

Hi ! I am new owner of the fabulous 50s cocktails -both boot but needed work! Got one 100 percent and shopped out ! -serial number one ! Serial number three I am still working on really cool machines - guy I bought from .his wife’s uncle was programmer for these machine and were found in the basement with amazing paper work ! Thanks for looking !

C06406C3-0D4E-4151-8269-07225434906E (resized).pngC06406C3-0D4E-4151-8269-07225434906E (resized).pngCA6C45B9-68AF-47D9-BBCB-4CCFA55CF729 (resized).jpegCA6C45B9-68AF-47D9-BBCB-4CCFA55CF729 (resized).jpeg
#13 3 years ago

That is so cool. Thanks for sharing. Excited to see a video of it sometime

#14 3 years ago

Congrats!

I haven't been able to find anyone who has *any* paperwork from Viza. Any chance that you would be able to scan what you have and share it for everyone?

#15 3 years ago

Cool!

#16 3 years ago
FFFA5C23-6222-4CE6-9D7F-674191E9824C (resized).pngFFFA5C23-6222-4CE6-9D7F-674191E9824C (resized).png
#17 3 years ago

Wow that paperwork is awesome! Glad they got picked up by a true Pinhead who cares about them. It’s great you already got them up and booting too.

Definitely scan the paperwork when you get a chance. That’s more than anyone knows about Viza!

Do you have the Programmer Uncle’s name by chance? We should record it and add it to the database for posterity. If he’s still around I’m sure there’s plenty of folks, like ForceFlow who’d love to interview the Viza programmer!

It’s really incredible to have information like this come suddenly from such a rare company that was a tiny blip in pinball history!

#18 3 years ago

The uncle -programmer passed away that’s how I got them.... his name was Dennis dice - President was George Paulik information is stock in the company in progress reports on manufacturing these machines really cool going to sit down and read it all

#19 3 years ago
14BCD220-C051-4BB1-B95B-1B2397BCD002 (resized).jpeg14BCD220-C051-4BB1-B95B-1B2397BCD002 (resized).jpegFBE9A0CE-920C-4D3C-A593-0E09DDAEA7E1 (resized).jpegFBE9A0CE-920C-4D3C-A593-0E09DDAEA7E1 (resized).jpeg
#20 3 years ago

880 Remington Rd Schaumburg.....well the building is still there.

#21 3 years ago

Dates would be interesting because I wonder if these were absorbed into Allied Leisure.

#22 3 years ago

This is just an amazing find. Thank you so much for sharing

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Dj-pinball82:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! I love such amazing historical documents like this.
I’ve already sent Robin (Pinside creator) a PM about adding these folks into the personnel database

#24 3 years ago

That almost sounds like an investment pitch.

It's really interesting to see names and bios of staff. I don't think I've seen any of that info listed anywhere else.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve already sent Robin (Pinside creator) a PM about adding these folks into the personnel database

I think the only one that can safely be added is Dennis Dice. Since it looks like the others may have been administrative staff or supervisors, there's no way to tell from the paperwork photos so far if they were involved with the game's design.

As a side note, keep in mind that there was no software for Viza War--it was all just TTL chip logic. There was nothing to program on that game, so it's unlikely that Dennis Dice worked on that one.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That almost sounds like an investment pitch.
It's really interesting to see names and bios of staff. I don't think I've seen any of that info listed anywhere else.

I think the only one that can safely be added is Dennis Dice. Since it looks like the others may have been administrative staff or supervisors, there's no way to tell from the paperwork photos so far if they were involved with the game's design.
As a side note, keep in mind that there was no software for Viza War--it was all just TTL chip logic. There was nothing to program on that game, so it's unlikely that Dennis Dice worked on that one.

Right, perhaps I jumped the gun. I thought Manu Jaswal would be a good person to look deeper into as well, sounds like he may have had a hand in development. I’d love to find out who the designer was. This is very exciting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-got-two-rare-cocktails-today-viza-fabulos-50-s?hl=froytheorc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.