Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2014-12-24-20-47-34.png
#1 9 years ago

Thought this was gonna be my early gift but someone apparently beat me to it . What a deal really hope someone got it who will keep and enjoy it I know I would have

york.craigslist.org link

#2 9 years ago

wow...

That was a deal!

#3 9 years ago

Wow why didn't I see this deal as well as I'm only 10 minutes from there and would have picked this pin up for that price. Shadow is a great pin. Maybe I should see if this guy has any more pins.

#4 9 years ago

Really wanted this and would have gladly paid double if I had to

#5 9 years ago

It was kinda hidden on cl I spotted it as soon as it posted but I think it turned into a auction

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It was kinda hidden on cl I spotted it as soon as it posted but I think it turned into a auction

I see it was posted under general. Did you try and contact as maybe the buyer will back out?

#7 9 years ago

I can't picture someone backing out of a deal like that.

#8 9 years ago

Yea we tried and tried pretty sure I was first as I literally contacted him immediately but all I got was ill let u know and now sold im very upset but hope it went to a good home and not a flipper or retail

#9 9 years ago

In case the CL ad gets removed, the ad was for a $1,000 Shadow in working condition.

Merry Christmas to the new owner!

Marcus

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

In case the CL ad gets removed, the ad was for a $1,000 Shadow in working condition.
Merry Christmas to the new owner!
Marcus

Screenshot_2014-12-24-20-47-34.pngScreenshot_2014-12-24-20-47-34.png
#11 9 years ago

Thanks all

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea we tried and tried pretty sure I was first as I literally contacted him immediately but all I got was ill let u know and now sold im very upset but hope it went to a good home and not a flipper or retail

Rest assured this did not go to a flipper or retailer. I've been searching for several years to find a Shadow that needs restored. This will be my next project. I got a similar deal on a BSD that needed a lot of work and that one currently has a thread dedicated to it;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun

The Shadow that I picked up will get the same treatment. Everything torn down, every part cleaned, clear coated playfield, all boards sent out for service, new cab possibly etc. I'm a firm believer in NOT flipping tables like this but ensuring they get a proper restoration so that future generations can enjoy them as much as I do. You won't ever see me picking up a table off craigslist that I don't have any motivation to fully restore. When it's done, you guys are all more than welcome to play it!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Rest assured this did not go to a flipper or retailer. I've been searching for several years to find a Shadow that needs restored. This will be my next project. I got a similar deal on a BSD that needed a lot of work and that one currently has a thread dedicated to it;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun
The Shadow that I picked up will get the same treatment. Everything torn down, every part cleaned, clear coated playfield, all boards sent out for service, new cab possibly etc. I'm a firm believer in NOT flipping tables like this but ensuring they get a proper restoration so that future generations can enjoy them as much as I do. You won't ever see me picking up a table off craigslist that I don't have any motivation to fully restore. When it's done, you guys are all more than welcome to play it!

Good im glad you bought it however I thought I had this one but all good hopefully ill get the next one cant wait to see when your done

#14 9 years ago

From what I can tell and was told this machine is much nicer than the bsd you restored heck of a deal

#16 9 years ago

O yea if you decide its not for you or want something else let me know I have some things to trade or if you wanna make some quick money im close to you

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Good im glad you bought it however I thought I had this one but all good hopefully ill get the next one cant wait to see when your done

The seller was a stand-up guy. He said other people had offered him more money but he sold it to the first person that called. That's often not something you find on Craigslist, I was grateful.

Quoted from bigd1979:

From what I can tell and was told this machine is much nicer than the bsd you restored heck of a deal

Well, I can tell you I didn't see any twisty ties like on my BSD. It's funny, I really didn't even take a close look at it yet. I didn't even check the Sanctum. I picked it up assuming it was going to be a beater that I will need a few grand put into it. I'll let you know if it's actually in decent condition.

Quoted from bigd1979:

O yea if you decide its not for you or want something else let me know I have some things to trade or if you wanna make some quick money im close to you

I appreciate the offer! I'm not in this for the money, I just love making these things look nice and get the proper maintenance. However, for future reference, I'm always interested in trading for project tables! I figure, there are always good homes for CQ tables, I like the dirty, beat-up tables. It's far more satisfying for me to fix one up for the same price as buying one that is great condition. Usually in the end, I spend more on restoring the tables than if I were to have just bought a nice one here on pinside. That being said, if this is some diamond in the rough HUO that doesn't require much work, you'll be the first on my list for trades.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

The seller was a stand-up guy. He said other people had offered him more money but he sold it to the first person that called. That's often not something you find on Craigslist, I was grateful.

Well, I can tell you I didn't see any twisty ties like on my BSD. It's funny, I really didn't even take a close look at it yet. I didn't even check the Sanctum. I picked it up assuming it was going to be a beater that I will need a few grand put into it. I'll let you know if it's actually in decent condition.

I appreciate the offer! I'm not in this for the money, I just love making these things look nice and get the proper maintenance. However, for future reference, I'm always interested in trading for project tables! I figure, there are always good homes for CQ tables, I like the dirty, beat-up tables. It's far more satisfying for me to fix one up for the same price as buying one that is great condition. Usually in the end, I spend more on restoring the tables than if I were to have just bought a nice one here on pinside. That being said, if this is some diamond in the rough HUO that doesn't require much work, you'll be the first on my list for trades.</blockquote

I appreciate the offer! I'm not in this for the money, I just love making these things look nice and get the proper maintenance. However, for future reference, I'm always interested in trading for project tables! I figure, there are always good homes for CQ tables, I like the dirty, beat-up tables. It's far more satisfying for me to fix one up for the same price as buying one that is great condition. Usually in the end, I spend more on restoring the tables than if I were to have just bought a nice one here on pinside. That being said, if this is some diamond in the rough HUO that doesn't require much work, you'll be the first on my list for trades.

Cool I love doing the same thing ive taken alot of crap pins and made them sweet such a good feeling people that come over are amazed how nice my pins are for how old they are and what they use to look like

#19 9 years ago

I emailed at 1am and texted at 9am. Glad it went to a pinsider who will care for it.

#20 9 years ago

So who got the $650 diner the day before?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from eeperjesi:

So who got the $650 diner the day before?

Not I.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-got-a-early-christmas-gift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.