(Topic ID: 97594)

Someone convince me to go buy a machine...

By lukerp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0152.JPG
image-68.jpg
image-749.jpg
image-592.jpg
image-953.jpg
image-874.jpg
untitled (3).png
IMG_6074.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

AC/DC Pro, good price, about seven hours of driving each way. Means I'd have to get rid of my DK cocktail and T2 (already on the market), and I'd probably throw my F-14 and Gorgar up there as well. There's just some part of me that doesn't feel like jumping in the car, and I'm not sure why... :-/

Luke

#5 9 years ago

Thanks team! Gonna sleep on it, but if someone gets it in the interim, good on 'em!

Luke

#15 9 years ago

Hey,

Here's why I'm leaning toward it. Got an email from my Mom today; she wants to come visit this weekend, so she will be here tomorrow. Last year, we took a bit of a road trip to get my LotR, and it was a good time. That was a day trip; four or five hours one way, grab the game, have lunch, come home. So, thought of doing that again. The price is right, and I've been humming and hawing on one for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to buy the Premium. I also might have a buyer on my T2 over that way.

The downside is the driving, and it also seems like stuff is coming up left and right. I bought an F-14 last week, a Big Guns/HS deal came up yesterday, and now this. Part of me wonders what's going to come up for sale tomorrow...

Luke

#17 9 years ago

Hey,

One way or another, gotta wait for the bank to open tomorrow...

Luke

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Excitement and Canada. Two things you would not expect to see in the same thread.

It is pretty boring going to the hospital and not having to sell a game to pay for it, I'll give you that...

Luke

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Haha you never know that 7 hours may have him crossing into the U.S. Really will be a story for the grandkids then!

I'm getting ripped on from a guy from Burnsville? Didn't your city slogan officially change from "hey, we've got a Hooters" to "only a few more miles to the zoo, kids!" four years back?

(My cousin lives by Vista View Park, and my Mom grew up in Bloomington...)

Luke

#39 9 years ago

Hey,

I held off. I realized that, factoring in what my time is worth, I could probably just get a NIB one and be done with it. Whether I do that or not is another thing...

Luke

#42 9 years ago

Hey,

We'll see if the game is still around after the weekend. If I get ambitious, I may drive through such locales as Swift Current and Medicine Hat...

Luke

#44 9 years ago

Alright kids, I didn't lame out! Somehow the game stuck around for two weeks without selling. Just sent the guy a deposit...

Luke

#46 9 years ago

And since someone mentioned it, I managed to move the T2, Gorgar, and F-14 within about 36 hours of each other.

Luke

#49 9 years ago

And....it's in the car. It was "lightly" routed. If the operator never updated the code (it's on 1.61), then the game has 147 plays on it. I'll get pictures up when it's all set up, but really, it looks like a super-nice AC/DC Pro....

Luke

#50 9 years ago

Or, I guess I should say, 147 plays since 1.61 went in; I'll never know what was originally in there...

Luke

#54 9 years ago

Hey,

It actually worked out really well. My better half has never been to the Rockies, so I took some time off. I got my pinball machine, she gets to see Lake Louise and Banff; everyone's happy.

Luke

#55 9 years ago

And just for my own benefit, there it is all wrapped up...

Lukeimage-874.jpgimage-874.jpg

#57 9 years ago

Hey,

Not to be rude about the matter, but it not going to get into what I paid on a public forum. Sorry. I will say I found it pretty ridiculous that I was the first person to actually go out there and look at it (guy was about half way between Edmonton and Calgary).

Luke

#59 9 years ago

Hey,

No, it was actually a fellow outside of Sundre.

Luke

#61 9 years ago

Hey,

Thanks man, we're just driving home now. Hope to set the game up tomorrow and see what we can see. Pictures to come...

Luke

#63 9 years ago

And here's what's wrong with the game; I was the guy who put the mark on the corner of the backbox, which bugs me quite a bit, but until a new house shows up, I'm always going to have a 90 degree turn at the top of the stairs:

image-953.jpgimage-953.jpgimage-592.jpgimage-592.jpgimage-749.jpgimage-749.jpgimage-68.jpgimage-68.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/someone-convince-me-to-go-buy-a-machine?tu=lukerp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.