Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by teachp8
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago

Don't even worry about Finishing the game until you can do the following on a somewhat regular basis:

-destroy the ring: do all multiball modes then destroy ring. Great mode very fun.
-there and back again: complete all the ring modes, then start another ring mode and see what happens

Once you can do those 2 things on a regular basis, your next goal should be completing 2 of any 3 multiball modes in a single game. Once you get 2 complete, the third will come, 'when your ready to attempt to finish the game', which is known as Valinor.

Your next goal will be trying to light up the entire gift of the elves inserts in a single game. watch happens after you get another gift of the elves once it's already complete...secret

Once you Do all those at any given time, then you can attempt to reach valinor by doing all those things in one game. Except you'll have to complete all 3 mb's, not just 2. And you'll have to destroy the ring one final time once everything else has been done.

But like I said earlier, start with some goals: destroy the ring and there and back again should be your first goals. The rest will come naturally.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from pinnation:

leaffan67 said:Chris, I already wonder if your magnet in the ring isn't working. Common problem apparently. Change the 4 amp fuse to a 5 amp (can't remember 100%, but if the one in there is a 3 amp, go to 4 amp). Not at home, so can't check mine. I couldn't do much in the game while my fuse was blown.
Play all three "movie" multiballs, then Destroy the Ring is lit. Shoot ring to start Destroy mode. Shoot all (5?) lit ramps, then the ring again. This time it will hold the ball and give you a new one. Hit the ball thru the ring with your new ball and Golum will fall into the chasm with the machine going appropriately mental. In fact, the balls will drain as machine goes nuts and you have no control of the flippers. Good points, and good times. Then you have to do Valinor, which you can search on and find a good description. I don't think many have done Valinor. Very hard.
The other cool end mode is There And Back Again. You get to this by playing all 6 ring modes like Destroy the Witchking, etc. TABA is also good fun.
I think I have that problem in my game. Sometimes the ball flys into the ring then just kinda drops out. Will the fuse correct this problem entirely. Thanks!!

Remember; if you don't have all 3 elf rings for mode start, the ring will catch the ball but intentionally spit it back and say "I see you" or something. If it's catching and then dropping during a mode start or DTR, then there's another problem. I have seen this on my machine several times. I don't think the fuse has anything to do with this part, but I could be wrong?
When mine was doing it to me, a screw was out on the backside of the ring ramp behind the ring. I readjusted it, and used compressed air can on the opto and it helped drastically. I also heard a bad switch on the ring ramp can cause this problem too. I'm open to more ideas as I'm a hack, not a tech

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-teach-me-how-to-play-lotr-to-win-it?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.