(Topic ID: 140455)

Somebody showed Hitler the GoT Premium Pictures...

By e4mafia

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

room_jared.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider space_pimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 8 years ago

Absolutely hilarious!!! I have never bothered watching one of those before but man that had me laughing out loud a few times. So much good stuff that needed to be said.

Quoted from Jared:

Alright, enough here.
Jody is the Director of Marketing and Licensing at Stern Pinball. He has been intimately involved with every Stern license since 2009, and therefore every game made since the time of his hire. Coincidentally this includes some of the the most beloved and highly ranked pinball machines of all time. The next time you see Jody, you can thank him for that.
Jody is Jewish. We all know the atrocities committed by Hitler towards Jews.
I realize and understand that you all here likely didn't know that, and didn't directly mean any (antisemitism) provocation by it. However in light of me now telling you that Jody is Jewish, you all can understand how a video of "Hitler making fun of him" could very extremely insensitive and humiliating.
Jody and I have now worked hand in hand after I took a position at Stern for 5 months now. In that time I have really got to know him and how he operates. We talk daily. Jody is a good person who wants the best for the company, the hobby and the entire industry. His best way to make that happen is to be a part of making awesome new pinball machines for you all to play. He lives it. Day and night, on and off the clock.
Livestream? That was because of Jody. The license in the first place? That was Jody. Hiring me to increase social media content and interaction by more than 500%? Jody. Pinball at CES... ComicCon... Jody. Apparel, accessories, tours, events... Jody. He has been JUST off camera for 6 years now, and today in 2015 there are active members of the Pinball community who really have no clue. Well from my personal observations, he is an integral cog in the machine that has helped to create the pinball reality we live in today.
I know and understand that some people out there want commentary free videos (and those will come). And I know and understand that watching a live-stream re-cap without the interactive chat in the same view can be awkward to the viewer. Jody was stepping out and interacting with people directly, uncensored and naturally for the first time... ever. That was a big jump.
A "Hitler reacts" video is a part of the culture of the internet... there is no getting rid of it. However, making a Hitler reacts video (in part) about someone who in fact: gives his all for pinball and: is Jewish, really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Back to lurking.. -Jared

Jared way to be a buzz kill. I had no idea who Jody was until your post but I can't imagine he is half the clown that you are. It's also a bit bizarre to imply that Stern's successful licenses since 2009 would not have happened without his "intimate" involvement. No thanks necessary, I'm sure many others would have done the same (or possibly better) given that it's THE responsibility of his job. Not to mention Stern has had NO competition for licenses (2009-2013) until JJP came along and snatched up a whopping TWO licenses. I would rather thank the creators of the source material and the designers of the game.

So far these past weeks, this has been the most unprofessional and disappointing launch from Stern to date (with a license that has incredible potential). Jared, not even all your Facebook propaganda can conceal that, and now you cry antisemitism in an attempt to quell humor towards your boss and your weak product launch? Ridiculous!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider space_pimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-showed-hitler-the-got-premium-pictures?tu=space_pimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.