(Topic ID: 140455)

Somebody showed Hitler the GoT Premium Pictures...

By e4mafia

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

room_jared.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e4mafia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

For your amusement.
I know I missed the mark here by not including something about the White Walker who's posing like he's the front man of a metal band, but anyways....

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Great job dude. Comparing Jody to Jar Jar was pretty funny! Thanks again for the cheap laughs!

I am always here for you and your cheap laughs, Pinside! You can count on me.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wasn't the white walker metal band pose from when he raises all the dead wildlings? Would be fitting then.

Sometimes I have a hard time reconciling my anger with the show for doing things that don't happen in the books with my nerdrage about other things. Yes, that scene was in the book, so you're right. But it wasn't in the books, so HULK SMASH!!!!

#41 8 years ago

I don't want to start a pinside fight, so I will make only one commentary in response to the criticisms leveled at me. If anyone wants to pile on afterward, that's fine, but I won't respond to further the argument.

Using Hitler in humor pits the utter absurdity of the feelings of the most despicable living creature in modern times, and painting them in a sympathetic way. Let me be crystal clear. NO ONE should ever feel bad about what Hitler thinks. That is kind of the point of using him as a voice in these videos. Everything I mention in them done with sarcasm and a wink and a nod. What that walking breathing piece of human trash thinks about things is irrelevant. His actions and beliefs have in my opinion, rendered anything that he wants or thinks, unworthy of anyone's care or consideration.

That in and of itself is the point of using him as a sounding board for humor. I am not insensitive to the feelings of others, but it is humor, and especially adsurdist humor, that can help to express things best. Every time I make one of these, part of the intent is to not only make light of the subject at hand, but in a way help to also illustrate what a monstrous steaming sack of dogshit Hitler was.

People who took hits in this video's humor: Stern, Jody, The Art Team, Aurich, people who haven't read GoT and only watch the show, the runners of the show, Choggard, and Kevin Kulek. Only two of those actually deserve to be made fun of in a mean way, and that is Choggard and Kevin -- and I believe it came across as appropriately mean in the context of the video. The others I intend, as always, to be more the victims of a friendly roasting, and do not intend anything personal by it. This very much includes Jody - I think he's been great here on pinside, and appreciate what he does. But everyone around here was complaining about the on screen antics, so it's joke time!

In summary:
There is a difference between roasting and being mean
Hitler is a repugnant, vile, worthless excuse for a human being

Thats all I've got.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e4mafia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-showed-hitler-the-got-premium-pictures?tu=e4mafia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.