(Topic ID: 140455)

Somebody showed Hitler the GoT Premium Pictures...

By e4mafia

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

room_jared.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

For your amusement.
I know I missed the mark here by not including something about the White Walker who's posing like he's the front man of a metal band, but anyways....

#2 8 years ago

Well played - very nicely done!

#3 8 years ago

Great job dude. Comparing Jody to Jar Jar was pretty funny! Thanks again for the cheap laughs!

#6 8 years ago

Great job! I actually laughed out loud at that.

#7 8 years ago

OMG!!! that had to have been the funniest shit I have seen on Pinside ever. Well done.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Great job dude. Comparing Jody to Jar Jar was pretty funny! Thanks again for the cheap laughs!

I am always here for you and your cheap laughs, Pinside! You can count on me.

#9 8 years ago

The WWE line was the best!

#10 8 years ago

Great job! I actually laughed out loud at that.

More posts from Aurch lol

#11 8 years ago

Now that was funny! Well done, sir

#12 8 years ago

Wasn't the white walker metal band pose from when he raises all the dead wildlings? Would be fitting then.

#13 8 years ago

That was fantastic, thank you.
-Kyros

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wasn't the white walker metal band pose from when he raises all the dead wildlings? Would be fitting then.

Sometimes I have a hard time reconciling my anger with the show for doing things that don't happen in the books with my nerdrage about other things. Yes, that scene was in the book, so you're right. But it wasn't in the books, so HULK SMASH!!!!

#15 8 years ago

A+
Jar Jar Binks, & the Aurich line got me. I laughed out loud on both!

#16 8 years ago

Lmao. Now THAT was funny!

#17 8 years ago

Glad someone poked fun at this Jody fella. Who is he anyway?? Was digging the sunglasses!!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Yes, that scene was in the book, so you're right. But it wasn't in the books, so HULK SMASH!!!!

#19 8 years ago

So many long posts from aurich await for sure lol

No one wants wwe not even hitler lmao

#20 8 years ago

Ive never bothered to read any of the hitler this and hitler that posts. So this is my first one. Omg im still laughing. Jar jar binks. The aurich reference from out of nowhere. So funny. Well done!

#21 8 years ago

Pretty funny good sir. My favorite was the Choggard part

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Glad someone poked fun at this Jody fella. Who is he anyway?? Was digging the sunglasses!!

Marketing director at Stern who people thought was really annoying on the livestream

#23 8 years ago

Quality, chuckled hard at that.

#24 8 years ago

I dont know Jody but I think if some of us were in that Stern video we'd be even more annoying.

Shit, cut the fella some slack.

GOT does look like shit. Can't wait for the next release.

#25 8 years ago

Lmfao , loved the no-one wants a wwe , not even hitter part !!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

GOT does look like shit. Can't wait for the next release.

Agreed. When the hell are they going to do another VE again? Between TRON, LOTR, and SM you have a few good sellers right there.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Glad someone poked fun at this Jody fella. Who is he anyway??

Alright, enough here.

Jody is the Director of Marketing and Licensing at Stern Pinball. He has been intimately involved with every Stern license since 2009, and therefore every game made since the time of his hire. Coincidentally this includes some of the the most beloved and highly ranked pinball machines of all time. The next time you see Jody, you can thank him for that.

Jody is Jewish. We all know the atrocities committed by Hitler towards Jews.

I realize and understand that you all here likely didn't know that, and didn't directly mean any (antisemitism) provocation by it. However in light of me now telling you that Jody is Jewish, you all can understand how a video of "Hitler making fun of him" could very extremely insensitive and humiliating.

Jody and I have now worked hand in hand after I took a position at Stern for 5 months now. In that time I have really got to know him and how he operates. We talk daily. Jody is a good person who wants the best for the company, the hobby and the entire industry. His best way to make that happen is to be a part of making awesome new pinball machines for you all to play. He lives it. Day and night, on and off the clock.

Livestream? That was because of Jody. The license in the first place? That was Jody. Hiring me to increase social media content and interaction by more than 500%? Jody. Pinball at CES... ComicCon... Jody. Apparel, accessories, tours, events... Jody. He has been JUST off camera for 6 years now, and today in 2015 there are active members of the Pinball community who really have no clue. Well from my personal observations, he is an integral cog in the machine that has helped to create the pinball reality we live in today.

I know and understand that some people out there want commentary free videos (and those will come). And I know and understand that watching a live-stream re-cap without the interactive chat in the same view can be awkward to the viewer. Jody was stepping out and interacting with people directly, uncensored and naturally for the first time... ever. That was a big jump.

A "Hitler reacts" video is a part of the culture of the internet... there is no getting rid of it. However, making a Hitler reacts video (in part) about someone who in fact: gives his all for pinball and: is Jewish, really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Back to lurking.. -Jared

#28 8 years ago

Slow standing clap. Well done.

#29 8 years ago

I loved how you got some pinsiders in there! Great job!

#30 8 years ago

All people have been persecuted, and done wrong. I'm Irish first American slave. Enough already. All we can do is laugh at what has been done it's the past. The world is a better place somewhat now. What happened was horrible and so a long list of horrible things as well.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Alright, enough here.
Jody is the Director of Marketing and Licensing at Stern Pinball. He has been intimately involved with every Stern license since 2009, and therefore every game made since the time of his hire. Coincidentally this includes some of the the most beloved and highly ranked pinball machines of all time. The next time you see Jody, you can thank him for that.
I realize and understand that you all here likely didn't know that, and didn't directly mean any (antisemitism) provocation by it. However in light of me now telling you that Jody is Jewish, you all can understand how a video of "Hitler making fun of him" could very extremely insensitive and humiliating.
Jody and I have now worked hand in hand after I took a position at Stern for 5 months now. In that time I have really got to know him and how he operates. We talk daily. Jody is a good person who wants the best for the company, the hobby and the entire industry. His best way to make that happen is to be a part of making awesome new pinball machines for you all to play. He lives it. Day and night, on and off the clock.
Livestream? That was because of Jody. The license in the first place? That was Jody. Hiring me to increase social media content and interaction by more than 500%? Jody. Pinball at CES... ComicCon... Jody. Apparel, accessories, tours, events... Jody. He has been JUST off camera for 6 years now, and today in 2015 there are active members of the Pinball community who really have no clue. Well from my personal observations, he is an integral cog in the machine that has helped to create the pinball reality we live in today.
I know and understand that some people out there want commentary free videos (and those will come). And I know and understand that watching a live-stream re-cap without the interactive chat in the same view can be awkward to the viewer. Jody was stepping out and interacting with people directly, uncensored and naturally for the first time... ever. That was a big jump.
A "Hitler reacts" video is a part of the culture of the internet... there is no getting rid of it. However, making a Hitler reacts video (in part) about someone who in fact: gives his all for pinball and: is Jewish, really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Back to lurking.. -Jared

No. I'll thank Steve Ritchie, John Borg, & Mr. Gomez. This post by the OP was all about poking fun @ several members of the pinside/pinball community, in GOOD taste. That's all! And it was very funny!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Alright, enough here.
Back to lurking.. -Jared

Tell Jody to take some art classes and then start speaking up more at design meetings.

#33 8 years ago

Oh man I laughed so hard. There were some great lines.

"Hogan just gets me. It's like he's in my head, you know?"
"Meesa Suupah Jackpot!"
"He's not serious. No one actually wants WWE. Not even Hitler."
"Do you have any idea how much it hurts to give Kulek credit like that?"

Great Job

#34 8 years ago

So i 'am a "fucking amateur" whoaaaaaa, yes he's right.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Alright, enough here.
Back to lurking.. -Jared

Get a life, i love jewish people.
This is humor no rasism.
And yes your right nobody nows he is jewish.
So no need to get angry about that.

Make shure next time to listen to your buyers
Instead of defending that non got style playfield graphics.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Alright, enough here.
Back to lurking.. -Jared

room_jared.jpgroom_jared.jpg

#37 8 years ago

You're tearing me apart Stern!!!

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You're tearing me apart Stern!!!

This just made me spit some of the cereal I was eating out.

#39 8 years ago

Jared, thanks for all the work you guys do over there at Stern, you guys are awesome at what you do. The Social media aspect has really improved and I now enjoy checking the daily posts you guys are putting up, well done. But lets face some facts, you guys are not curing cancer, your creating amazing, expensive fun to play elite toys. Your open to criticism and joking as public figures, so get used to it. As long as its done in good fun and not mean spirited I think you should just chuckle and let it roll off your back. I don't care if Jody is Jewish, Muslim or whatever, I was raised Catholic and I tell no one! Can't just we just enjoy each others company with out being so PC? I miss the 80's

PS. As long as you keep streaming new pins from Stern central with the designers playing their creations I can get used to Jody's commentary. Peace and love!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This just made me spit some of the cereal I was eating out.

Well your picture inspired me. The real story is you eating cereal at 9 at night

#41 8 years ago

I don't want to start a pinside fight, so I will make only one commentary in response to the criticisms leveled at me. If anyone wants to pile on afterward, that's fine, but I won't respond to further the argument.

Using Hitler in humor pits the utter absurdity of the feelings of the most despicable living creature in modern times, and painting them in a sympathetic way. Let me be crystal clear. NO ONE should ever feel bad about what Hitler thinks. That is kind of the point of using him as a voice in these videos. Everything I mention in them done with sarcasm and a wink and a nod. What that walking breathing piece of human trash thinks about things is irrelevant. His actions and beliefs have in my opinion, rendered anything that he wants or thinks, unworthy of anyone's care or consideration.

That in and of itself is the point of using him as a sounding board for humor. I am not insensitive to the feelings of others, but it is humor, and especially adsurdist humor, that can help to express things best. Every time I make one of these, part of the intent is to not only make light of the subject at hand, but in a way help to also illustrate what a monstrous steaming sack of dogshit Hitler was.

People who took hits in this video's humor: Stern, Jody, The Art Team, Aurich, people who haven't read GoT and only watch the show, the runners of the show, Choggard, and Kevin Kulek. Only two of those actually deserve to be made fun of in a mean way, and that is Choggard and Kevin -- and I believe it came across as appropriately mean in the context of the video. The others I intend, as always, to be more the victims of a friendly roasting, and do not intend anything personal by it. This very much includes Jody - I think he's been great here on pinside, and appreciate what he does. But everyone around here was complaining about the on screen antics, so it's joke time!

In summary:
There is a difference between roasting and being mean
Hitler is a repugnant, vile, worthless excuse for a human being

Thats all I've got.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I don't want to start a pinside fight, so I will make only one commentary in response to the criticisms leveled at me. If anyone wants to pile on afterward, that's fine, but I won't respond to further the argument.
Using Hitler in humor pits the utter absurdity of the feelings of the most despicable living creature in modern times, and painting them in a sympathetic way. Let me be crystal clear. NO ONE should ever feel bad about what Hitler thinks. That is kind of the point of using him as a voice in these videos. Everything I mention in them done with sarcasm and a wink and a nod. What that walking breathing piece of human trash thinks about things is irrelevant. His actions and beliefs have in my opinion, rendered anything that he wants or thinks, unworthy of anyone's care or consideration.
That in and of itself is the point of using him as a sounding board for humor. I am not insensitive to the feelings of others, but it is humor, and especially adsurdist humor, that can help to express things best. Every time I make one of these, part of the intent is to not only make light of the subject at hand, but in a way help to also illustrate what a monstrous steaming sack of dogshit Hitler was.
People who took hits in this video's humor: Stern, Jody, The Art Team, Aurich, people who haven't read GoT and only watch the show, the runners of the show, Choggard, and Kevin Kulek. Only two of those actually deserve to be made fun of in a mean way, and that is Choggard and Kevin -- and I believe it came across as appropriately mean in the context of the video. The others I intend, as always, to be more the victims of a friendly roasting, and do not intend anything personal by it. This very much includes Jody - I think he's been great here on pinside, and appreciate what he does. But everyone around here was complaining about the on screen antics, so it's joke time!
In summary:
There is a difference between roasting and being mean
Hitler is a repugnant, vile, worthless excuse for a human being
Thats all I've got.

Mods please restrict e4mafia account for making fun of and calling Hitler names!

#43 8 years ago

Classic

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Classic

That was where I completely lost it. Fantastic.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That was were I completely lost it. Fantastic.

I need to watch it again.

#46 8 years ago

Jared, respect your concern. Much respect for the improvements you have made to sterns communications.

Having said that I think it's obvious the intent of this video was for comedic effect and poking fun at current events in our hobby. I believe the OP that he didnt mean to convey any sort of racism or antisemitic purpose.

Any offense taken is unfortunate. No rational argument can be made to justify the horrible events of the Holocaust.

#47 8 years ago

A+ and very factural video. Jar-jar binks ftw.

#48 8 years ago

I guess some at Stern have lost their sense of humor and/or had their feelings hurt in recent days since the GOT gameplay video came out.
I believe it would have been more appropriate for Jared to have directed his criticism toward the comments people made about Jody that happened regarding the gameplay video rather than trying to play some kind of race card in relation to this Hitler spoof/sarcasm video.
These Hitler videos are like Mel Brooks comedy movies rather than "antisemitism" as Jared calls it.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess some at Stern have lost their sense of humor and/or had their feelings hurt in recent days since the GOT gameplay video came out.
I believe it would have been more appropriate for Jared to have directed his criticism toward the comments people made about Jody that happened regarding the gameplay video rather than trying to play some kind of race card in relation to this Hitler spoof/sarcasm video.
These Hitler videos are like Mel Brooks comedy movies rather than "antisemitism" as Jared calls it.

So true IMO. Not being Jewish I can't and won't pretend to know if this video is hurtful to Jody or not. But I'd think that being in marketing he might even be thrilled to be immortalized in a humorous spoof. No such thing as bad pub, right? Anyway, I saw my first Hitler video (same as this footage wise) 3 or 4 years ago. My Jewish friend is married to a fairly famous Jewish actor who, rightfully so IMO, was snubbed for an Oscar nomination in a role where he kicked ass (literally, BTW). The video mocked the selection process and his omission. It was freaking hilarious. They made it.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

A "Hitler reacts" video is a part of the culture of the internet... there is no getting rid of it. However, making a Hitler reacts video (in part) about someone who in fact: is Jewish, really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Back to lurking.. -Jared

So... you admit Hitler videos are part of the 'net culture... and appropriate in all circumstances EXCEPT if someone is Jewish?

So, should we ask peoples religions FIRST to establish what is appropriate for use?

BTW- quick history lesson:

Hitler killed 6M jews.... Truly horrific.
However, he also killed 5M more NON-JEWS in concentration camps.... not so many people discuss this fact.
Polish non-jews, Catholic priests, the disabled, gypsies, blacks., homosexuals, etc, etc were also killed by this maniac.

Are they all also off limits?

Let's not be silly..... Hitler videos are satire. However, anyone is free NOT to watch them.... yourself included.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-showed-hitler-the-got-premium-pictures/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.