2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,720 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by schwarz
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 78 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).png
    6B8D3263-F782-4607-B519-2310EB57F2FB (resized).jpeg
    mystery_bitcoin_buyer (resized).jpg
    DVSzWr9V4AAQzJj.jpg large (resized).jpg
    1517625430361 (resized).jpg
    market (resized).png
    IMG_4227 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4226 (resized).JPG
    13EF5B98-12BB-418D-BD2A-7EE4AB8A86D0 (resized).png
    what_bubble (resized).jpg
    F5D9E5A1-A76D-4785-969B-5BEF8B4A60BA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#964 2 years ago

Wanted to give my opinion on this thread as I read it fully. My problem with all these kind of threads is that we hear mostly about the succes stories. Some will point out they lost at some point, but mostly it is bragging how well they are doing and thatyou are stupid or at the least unedjucated if you do not also take the risk.

My problem with that is that the less disposible income you have, the more you have to gain by entering in such a venture. BUT the more you also have to lose !!! If you have enough money to not have to worry about losing 100000 then you will not get into problems but I have seen more than one guy getting caught up in the hype and lose too much, one almost went mental and another is not with us anymore because of the loss he took.

Everybody can warn a thousand times to be sensible about this and not use money you cannot afford to lose, but it does not work like that. It is just as dangerous as a gambling addiction. Once you won, you want to keep on winning at all cost. If you are succeptible to getting addicted quickly, threads like these could be litterally lethal. I am lucky to not want to gamble ever (went to Vegas three times now, gambled 1 dollar every time ) but the prospect of easy money is can be VERY attractive, mostly for the people that cannot afford to lose.

Just my two cents.

#969 2 years ago

pezpunk : The guy that almost went mental did not even lose that much. He was not in financial trouble but he found out right then and there that his mind was rigged in a way that he found himself a loser after doing bad in exchange transactions. It affected all other parts of his life also. All is well now, but he did not know that before and so it can happen to anyone.

I am reading these threads with much enjoyment, I just hope nobody gets in trouble because of it (and of course other influences, making decisions based on a forumthread alone is not smart anyway).

#971 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

this seems like a pretty significant mental problem. i don't really think it has anything to do with cryptocurrency. how does that dude deal with buying a car, or god help him, a new computer, and then seeing the next big thing come out for a lower price the following week?

He never had any issues. It began after the -not even so significant - loss. He went into therapy for it, and there they advised him to stay away from investments and that works. There seems to be something in some minds that make some experiences much bigger than they really are, something like people that are obsessed with getting skinny. They always think they are too fat even if they are too skinny. He thought for a while he was bad at everything and that sent him into a rather deep depression.

What I wanted to point out is that sometimes things go bad out of your control. You do not have to be dumb or anything, things can happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside