Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jorro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#662 6 years ago

Do't wanna be a party pooper, or a Don Quichot fighting against windmills and i don't have a masters in economics.
    But i just want to say, we had a thing here with tullip bulbs in our past.......
    When the bubble of greed bursts you could be down a lot.
    Only play with what you can mis

#674 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

So you're suggesting I sell all of my Bitcoin and put it into Tulip bulbs??? Sorry, as I've noted before, I'm an idiot.
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you weren't actually invested in the Tulip craze, nor were you around to witness it. I'll further assume that you didn't write your PhD Thesis on the subject. So let's just all agree to drop the Tulip issue here. Bring up something like the crude oil bubble of 2008. Or the dot com bubble.

The idiot part i don't disagree on mister know it all.
    For the assume part, it makes an ASS out of U and ME!
    Yes a long time ago my family actualy made a lot of money with tullips (and lost a lot ), but that's not the point.
    It was just a easy to understand warning for all not so highly gifted like you, that it can be a deep pit and a los of money when the hype fades.
    But not to derail your economics topic on a pinball forum any further i will leave you to it teacher smartypants.

#677 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

dude you are like the 10th person to show up in this thread and shout "TULIPS!" without reading it. it's annoying after a while.

so 10 people share this opinion about the bitcoin situation an possible outcome , witch is not your opinion.... so it's annoying?????

insert welcome to pinside post in 3....2....1........

#684 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Everyone already knew about the TULIPS before the 1st person even mentioned them!!! So to hear about them over and over and over and...
    Gets rather annoying yes. We're all big boys and understand the risks. If you don't understand the risks and you bet and lose your life savings...well that's on you and no one else.
    The entire Tulip mania lasted about 2 years. Bitcoin has been going for eight years now. Virtually that entire time people have been yelling TULIPS! When Bitcoin got to $100...Tulips...$200...Tulips...and on and on and on it goes. BTW it's currently (down) $14,450 (thanks Underspin!) still up a bit from the original $.003.

it's reversed psychology! so lets keep mentioning the tulips!
    Youre welcome

#692 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

it's not that it differs from my own opinion. it's that it is the number one knee jerk reaction that every single person who doesn't know what they're talking about tends to bring up. they pop in here without reading the thread and shout "TULIPS" as if it's some brilliant inside information, instead of the most superficial and obvious thing a person could possibly post.

I'ts a well known metafor in life as in economics.
    One that everyone understands. yes even me!
    I'ts an opinion and just like @55holes everybody's got one.
    I understand that some people don't like this metafor or this opinion....but then just egnore it and read on, or go to an economics forum. Or start your' own forum no members no tulips!

in the meantime : cnn money

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/08/investing/bitcoin-tulip-mania-bubbles-burst/index.html

Its just a opinion a name and warning in 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/08/bitcoin-is-dangerous-and-akin-to-tulip-bulb-mania-stefan-ingves-says.html

#693 6 years ago

insert big freaking tulipbulb here:

mikedrop.

and back to pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jorro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me?tu=jorro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.