Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

Buy tangible assets.

When the power goes out....you can still hold gold & silver in your hands. It's tangible....bitcoin is not.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

great plan ... so long as the apocalypse strikes in your lifetime. in which case ... congrats?

Don't need an apocalypse for shit to go sideways....but I digress.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah i get that. all i can offer is that the only difference between bitcoin and traditional currencies in that regard is the number of people who agree it has value.
    in my opinion, there are two main advantages bitcoin has over, say, the U.S. dollar:
    - actual, enforced scarcity: unlike dollars, no person/government/bank can simply print a bunch of new ones when they want. there are 21 million and that's all there'll ever be.
    - the blockchain: a permanent, unalterable, distributed public ledger of every bitcoin transaction. it's a currency that comes with a practically infallible accounting / trust / clearinghouse / verification system built in. it eliminates the need for trusted third parties, intermediaries, or central authorities to approve transactions.

You pretty much just described gold too. And it has been used since the dawn of civilization....and will continue to be used until the end.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Agreed. But what's your point? There are many alternative forms of value. Gold, Silver, Platinum, Bitcoin, Real Estate...etc...

I'm just saying it's a sound investment (in my mind) that is reliable and versatile. Thats what I look for when investing for the long haul. It will always have value.....always. It also has too many uses besides currency exchange. And you physically own it outright.....no middle man. (No govt)

Thats all I'm saying....

....but...

....with all that said. I'm kind of curious now after all this discussion. I'm now pondering just investing a small sum and giving it a 5 year life span in my portfolio to see how it does.

Or should I just get some new decals for my SF2? Lol

#224 6 years ago

Cash is king.

With somewhat large purchases I'll ask them to drop the tax if I pay with cash. You'd be surprised how often they do....

Quoted from Pinballlew:

I sit here wondering why you kept your turd from this morning.

1 year later
    #1679 5 years ago

Still liking my gold & silver bullion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me?tu=imnotnorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.