Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I have multiple degrees in finance and accounting. Worked for years in corporate finance. Passed cpa exam. Still know some friends in the financial industry. But go ahead and show the usual arrogance that you are known for. Waste your time with bitcoin, and when it has all collapsed, I will not even bother with an "I told you so". Just remember this moment.

Hmmm, something we have in common. How about that.

You can't tell the Bitcoin fanatics anything. They will have to experience the pain first hand when it hits. People better heed the warnings of people like Dimon.

I won't let my legal, cpa and financial licensing get in the way though.

#67 6 years ago

"Past performance is not indicative of future results"

Except for tulip mania

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

If the shit hits the fan who cares about silver and gold? The "valuable" things will be food, clean water, guns, bullets and liquor. If someone would come and say I will trade you this gold necklace for food I would say hit the road.

About sums it up perfectly! Especially the liquor

2 months later
    1 week later
    #1012 6 years ago

Will be much bigger fallout than the dot.com bubble burst. Zero regulation.....as of now

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/business/cryptocurrency-bubble-doge.html

#1013 6 years ago

i watched the episode of "Silk Road" on American Greed last night on the plane ride back home from Tahoe. Very interesting bitcoin story.

As one huge drug dealer on the "dark web" Tor went down, 10 more have popped up.

An FBI and CIA official were both indicted in this particular scam as well.

The libertarians have a noble mission to cut out the government and traditional currency but its not gonna end well. Too much fraud and corruption, regulation is coming.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/23/american-greed-silk-road-digital-drug-dealers-gallery.html

#1018 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

You want to bring it to that level. Here you go. (Mostly normal thread still has to go off the rails)

Right on the level bitcoin ought to be! Haha.......

#1034 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

this kind of post contributes nothing to the thread and just makes it sound like you're jealous of people here who have made a lot of money on something you don't understand.

I fully understand it

Classic pump and dump

Will end badly

Reminds me of 1999. Road goes on forever and the party never ends

Don’t be the bag holder

#1043 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

really. then explain the blockchain, or what mining is, or how a wallet works, or literally any aspect of cryptocurrency that proves you know more about it than the ability to shout "TULIPS!" at something you don't understand.

Watch the episode I pointed out on American Greed. It’s not rocket science

Explain how a “market” works? That’s what you ought to be focusing on

I don’t care if it’s trading in stocks, bonds, futures, currency or bitcoin.

You lose control and $$$ when you let the emotions of fear and greed take over

#1046 6 years ago

I'm not saying cryptocurrency is going away by any stretch.

We are talking about the TRADING of the asset that is currently in a massive bubble from a "valuation" standpoint or any measure for that matter.

Cryptocurrency will be around in the future and will be MUCH more regulated by the government.

Whether its trading at $1,000 or $20,000 is a whole different issue. And like every other major decline after a run up, the traders will have profited leaving the bag holders wondering what happened.

#1047 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Don't waste your time, he's just being his usual trollish self. He really brings no value to this site whatsoever and never has anything good or useful to say.

Man, you really hurt my feelings again. Coming from you it stings

#1060 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Most of the experienced cryptocoin enthusiasts in this thread have expressed an understanding that speculating/trading/investing/mining carries the very possible risk of considerable losses.
    The few who don't seem to grasp that, seem to have stalled out at the barrier of registering at an exchange and converting their cash into magic internet money.

How about the buying the group selling the shovels to the miners?

AMD and NVDA are cranking out the GPU's to the crypto mania companies.

NVDA is up over 100% for the yr and trading at 49 times earnings. Bubble in and of itself? Huge growth still projected for this company and its chips that power AI, gaming etc.

AMD on the other hand is trading around its 52 week low. But if you look around at Newegg, Amazon, B&H photo its Vega chip is sold out or on backorder.

But AMD will never be confused with a mania type run!

#1068 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Monero is how I’ve made 90% of my mining income. It was $80 when I started and $450 when I cashed out what I’d been mining.
    Still mining, but I’m generally loading it all onto my bitpay Visa card as I go. (Well, as soon as the balance gets large enough to justify the transaction fees, so about once a week.)

Well you timed that right since Monero is at $380 now.

Visa (V) is another great stock, up almost 40% for 2017. Granted, absolutely paltry returns compared to bitcoin but i go long term.

#1073 6 years ago

Symbol BTL. Blockchain

For the extreme risk takers

#1145 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Dammit, I've been converting my monero into bitcoin and now monero is taking off while bitcoin is falling.
    This whole speculation thing is hard!

It's called timing the market. And that is impossible with any class.

#1148 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

The fun part is I'm also mining monero, which is like I'm printing stocks. That offsets the corrections quite a bit.

More power to you guys, the "action" is certainly attractive and addictive.

Anybody willing to short Bitcoin for short stretches?

1 week later
    #1297 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

This is the most bat shit craziest thing I have ever seen the modern world come up with!
    Only thing I see is pure and utter G R E E D !
    Its like a Seinfeld show, it something about NOTHING

Haha yep

Classic pump and dump. Hanging on every move it makes, fear and greed, up and down.

Big flush rush to the exits is coming

#1300 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I was able to squeeze in a few buys while everything was on sale. 25 LTC @ $156, 0.1 BTC @ $10,122, 3 Etherereum @871.45 and 300 XRP @ $1.05.
    I'm still spreading my poker chips around into the alt coins too. Opened an account on hitbtc exchange yesterday. Fairly large exchange with more alt coins than bittrex.

Agreed!!! The stock market is so severely overbought that when it corrects, lookout below.
    Of course I could be wrong, and a 9 year bull run of 400% gains is the "new normal". But I'm thinking there's nothing different about wall street's greed today, as compared to 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago.
    So they'll soon be pulling the rug out from underneath all the good people who were artificially forced into the market when faced with .1% savings rates and 3% inflation, all while being told there is no inflation.
    Couple that with 4 trillion dollars in free money handed off to the banks and.... ah, what bad could possibly come of that?
    Nope, just ignore those "micro-aggression" facts. Nothing to see here. Profits schmofits. Who need think of such trivial things? ALL stocks go up in a bull market. The stock market is at all time highs and can ONLY go higher. Get your money in now, folks.
    That's just my opinion and nobody else's matters.

Haha yep. Stock market will correct. Just a matter of time.

I know you understand the differences between it and the Crypto crap table Extreme!

Every dummy with a quarter in his pocket thinks he’s a crypto expert and will make a fortune

My daughter’s friends say they are “heavily invested” in crypto. So no worries

#1302 6 years ago

I saw the BLOK founder interviewed today on CNBC

An interesting theory. I don’t think rebalancing every 6 months is gonna suffice

What’s the expense ratio?

#1304 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

For BLOK - 0.70%
    For BLCN - 0.68%

That’s certainly reasonable

#1318 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Ok, so if you know the stock market is going to correct, correct big and correct soon, and you know Bitcoin has already corrected more than 50% from its high and bounced off of major support, where would you put your money? Where would a non-professional, non-conformist put his/her money? Sure I'll keep my pot & crypto stocks. But my money is going into BTC, LTC, ETC and at last count, at least 131 other coins. I'm also investing heavily in crypto mining.
    The crypto currency markets are a giant blow to the status quo of the financial markets. This shit is pissing off a lot of politicians and hedge fund billionaires. So they'll send they're government wolves to start shutting crypto related investments down like they did to Bitconnect. You know, to protect the innocent investors. End result, a paper loss of 95%. Boy do I feel protected. Yessir, they done protected me good. I was earning well on my investment until they decided I needed to be protected. NO, in reality they are protecting the status quo. The peasants can't be allowed to make easy money. .
    I trust we'll revert back to this thread when the DOW is 15k.

BTC to the moon, baby.

I’ll be backing up the truck if Dow drops back to $15k. And I don’t know WHEN the market will correct. Nobody does. Could be next week, next year or it might match 17 yr bull run started by Reagan. Volatility will rise in 2018

But tax reform, deregulation, Corp earnings, GDP growth, the US dollar lower, consumer and business sentiment extremely high VERSUS higher oil prices, a rising 10 yr treasury, geo political events and Fed uncertainly

Right now, the forces of good are Trumping (get it?) the forces of evil

The regulatory crunch is underway

And the “new normal” isn’t going from $1,000 in Jan 17 to $19,000 and cut back in half in a few months

To the moon? It’s already been there. Back to $1,000? That’s where it’s headed. Fibonacci retracement

This is so beyond dot com

As someone else pointed out, wait until you see the manipulation around options expiration! It’s always designed to deliver max pain

It’s fun to watch! I hope you guys are careful. The shorts will use the option market to crush people on the way back down

When? Who knows, but crypto mania will run its course.

If I want to use $5000 of bitcoin to buy $5000 of goods or services versus paper $$, great. Not to make 500% returns. But hey you are from Vegas baby!

1 week later
    #1388 6 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am actually just getting into crypto. I was being a wise ass. Notice my logo..... I just want to make some money to buy a new pinball or build a pinball addition to my house.

:lol:short the crypto crash

#1447 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Not just crypto tanking, the stock market is way down again today. I wonder if Trump will take credit for that too?

Why? He got no credit for it going up and still up HUGE since he started because of his policies and deregulation etc.

And crypto is crapto. Stock market back up another 500+

Now the large broker dealers, all of them, have prohibited sales of crypto in clients account. For good reason.

#1448 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I said all along that I was going to hold and either make a huge gain or lose it all. So far that's what I've done. But if Bitcoin drops all the way down to $1000 I'm going to at least triple my current holding.

It's the poor bagholders that bought at mania prices that will lose most of it.

1 week later
    #1476 6 years ago

Visa V, Nvidia NVDA and AMD are ways to play crypto currency long term

I know. Not very exciting.

Big govt ain’t going nowhere. They won’t let the little guy tip the Apple cart. Too many ways to regulate what they want to happen

#1483 6 years ago
    Quoted from madscientist101:

I understand you think "big Gov" yet this crypto can't be governed by one body. What I mean is company's have servers set up in multiple countries so if one says shut it down ok still business as usual in another country. What about countries like Belarus that has become a Crypto economic force. Also in Switzerland they have a Crypto Valley which spans from Zurich to Zug.

You need the hype and demand to fuel the mania. The broker dealers have already shut down a lot of the volume trading fueling the mania. In large part in fear of future liability from "suitability" concerns.

Way too many factors out of your control. Visa is going to be the king of these future alternate currency transactions and governments around the world will regulate it. I'm just pointing out the reality, not saying anybody has to like it.

It's not quite like the beanie baby craze but almost

4 months later
    #1617 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So how's that bitcoin looking today, boys?

Tulips

On to where it should be valued

Tons of pump and dump bag holders

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.