Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

i'm still trying to figure out how and where you would "mine" these coins? How does that work?

#16 6 years ago

but how do you know where these "mines" reside? I guess that's my initial question. Is there a specific website, how do you know you even have a mine found?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Most of the Bitcoin mines are located on the Moon, where lower gravity leads to higher yields. I know a guy who sells maps and surveying equipment, but it's going to cost you.

this is about how I figured, but wanted to ask just to be sure I was on base.

#23 6 years ago

so it's sole purpose is completely useless. Why don't they use this kind of processing power for something useful. Like when NASA uses data collected for scanning the universe searching for communication transmissions. This is shared by 100's of 1000's of computers all processing the collected data together, since the amount of processing power it takes to process all that data is astronomical. Using that kind of processing firepower to process useful data and payout bitcoins could be 2 fold.

Like the workout place in Korea. They have generators in all the excercize bikes and it powers batteries that the entire fitness club runs off of. Instead of just burning the energy for no cause.

#140 6 years ago

I think Donald Trump is using the CIA's computer right now to hack bitcoins to pay for his wall.

#142 6 years ago

who is making the things bitcoin goes into? Do the programmers have bitcoin to insert into these equations? They have a stockpile of them? Why would you even take the time to insert these "prizes" into things for others to find? What's stopping them from just duplicating unlimited supply of said coins?

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Start from post #1. Read all of the posts completely. All of your questions will be answered.

I did, and I don't understand who creates the coins and how they are giving them value.

It seems like it would be creating a crossword puzzle that people can solve, and when they solve it I give them a code for a fraction to a piece of stock. But I would have to have the stock to give in the first place.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

there are 21 million bitcoins and there will never be any more than that. approximately 16.7 million of those 21 million have been mined already. the remainder are still undiscovered.
    like gold, there is a finite supply. new bitcoins cannot be created without re-writing the bitcoin protocol, which due to its distributed nature, would in effect require a majority consensus of all bitcoin holders, which obviously would never happen, since you'd be asking people to voluntarily devalue their own assets.

So someone made a bunch of puzzles and created a bunch of millions of secrets hidden inside those. What made those pieces of code worth anything?

#158 6 years ago

I guess I just don't understand how someone goes from making this code and hiding what's basically xbox gold inside of it. THen have that xbox gold all of a sudden have some value to companies?

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I do like the one bullet point you left out from your link.
    Bitcoin's electricity consumption as a percentage of the world's electricity consumption = 0.10%
    Might want to jump on a different “this is bad for the planet” campaign.

I agree with astropin. .1% of the worlds electricity is used for this bullshit? That is a massive amount of wasted power. It's not like humans are not the poster animal for unnecessary waste on the planet thou. :/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.