Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 6 years ago

I don't pretend to understand cryptocurrencies, or all the explanations offered here. My question or caution would be this, normally when something is wanted or needed there is a long line of people clamoring for it. In the case of these cryptocurrencies, I see this long line on the supply side of the equation with people offering a solution in the form of cryptocurrencies, but where are all the people on the other side? I think if we see a like demand for this type of currency, say acceptance by mainstream retailers, it will be here to stay, otherwise it looks like simple speculation to me.

1 month later
    #700 6 years ago

I believe that any cryptocurrency that can process a simple transaction as cheap and easy as any current method will win the race. Bitcoin doesn't seem to fit that profile. Is there another crypto that does?

1 week later
    #866 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

That's true...but I would still consider Bitcoin to be far more speculative than soybeans or pork bellies...especially that far out and that big of a prediction. Maybe I'm way off.
    Of course if the price goes above $50,000 on that date he/she/they stand to make many X their 1 million.

I would classify speculation in Bitcoin as a pure gambling activity. Just look at the daily price swings. Can anyone look ahead just a day, week, month, quarter, and project the price of Bitcoin within any level of confidence? Of course there are plenty of people in the futures market that hope to get this right, ha! And this guy bets $1 million a year out. It is very exciting to watch this whole wave of cryptocurrency speculation unfold right before our eyes.

3 weeks later
    #1254 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is it a good time to buy? Probably the main currencies at least (bitcoin, ethereum, z-cash, etc).

Answering this question is the challenge for me. How do you value any cryptocurrency? Otherwise, if you don't know when to buy or when to sell it is just gambling your money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me?tu=brianbannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.