Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1806 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I also have a Ledger in a box but haven’t used it yet. The thought of having to delete one currency to make room for another scares the hell out of me on that stupid thing.

Which ledger do you have? I have both a nano s and nano x, and the nano x allows a ton more applications on it.

Also the accounts are tied to your keys, so changing applications around on the ledger s shouldn't be a problem. I use the ledger X as my main, and ledger s as a backup.

Remember: not your wallet, not your coin.

2 weeks later
    #1853 3 years ago

I recently go an older antminer S9 just to play with and see how it was built, etc... As I was experimenting with it, I realized if I set it to around 1100 watt draw, it puts out a nice slow stream of heat like my under desk foot/leg heater does with a tolerable noise level.

The miner is not very profitable, but does at least cover it's own electricity bill. I decided to build a little cart out of scraps and use the miner as my leg/foot warmer. Now my piggies stay warm and the "heater" pays for itself.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #1897 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

It’s not as regulated as people think and when transactions go wrong your pretty fucked. Or have accounts locked for no reason with no support for months (been there)

Yeah there's not a lot you can do about screwing up a transfer. Much like a wire transfer, it's just gone.

Accounts getting locked or providers going down and losing your coins can be mitigated by having a hardware wallet and controlling your own private key. I can't stress the saying enough: "Not your wallet, not your coin."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me?tu=Wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.