Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg
    There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 39.
    #1701 4 years ago

Is it easy to get your money back out or utilise it via a vendor? I hear complications are abound.

#1702 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Is it easy to get your money back out or utilise it via a vendor? I hear complications are abound.

It’s really easy. You have to be verified and then link your accounts, but once that’s done, it just an ACH.

#1703 4 years ago

Did anybody read "Attack of the 50 foot blockchain"? I just have. The author is strongly biased against cryptocurrency and I think he goes out of his way to paint anybody involved negatively, but it seems like a well researched analysis and goes way beyond the "tulips" argument.
    I'm not sure how accurate the numbers he gives are though.
    I'd be interested to hear somebody else's opinion because if you follow his logic it's hard not to come to the same conclusions he does.

#1704 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Go onto Coinbase/GDAX
    Buy Ethereum
    Send to Binance ETH Wallet
    Buy Link with it
    Hodl
    Thank me in 2 years

[quoted image]

I hope someone here followed this advice

#1705 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I hope someone here followed this advice

I had bought my LINK in December 2017 at $0.52. I’m kicking myself in the ass for not buying more.

Are you still HODLing? I hope you bought a pile of it.

3 months later
    #1708 4 years ago

Bitcoin can't be that great, I keep getting texts and emails with people I don't even know just giving it to me!

#1709 4 years ago

Well, if you don't want it send it on over to 34p9Z9EsC7g2LSTbmEwT3t5RGa3nyVPxS7

1 month later
    #1710 4 years ago

Anyone jump on the Pi train?

1 month later
    #1711 4 years ago

If anyone that has a Coinbase account wants free EOS, PM me. I have Coinbase Earn referral links. You have to watch a few short videos, answer a couple questions and they give you EOS.

It probably takes about 10 minutes.

2 weeks later
    #1712 4 years ago

Bitcoin drops in recent days show the alternative currency susceptible to the same pressures equities face. It would seem the coin would be rising in value given current events, given its "Hedge" marketing.
    I'm a little surprised though no expert.

#1713 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Bitcoin drops in recent days show the alternative currency susceptible to the same pressures equities face. It would seem the coin would be rising in value given current events, given its "Hedge" marketing.
    I'm a little surprised though no expert.

Meh, even gold is down the last 2 days. Who knows...

#1714 4 years ago

Invest in N95 masks. Well, too late now I guess.

2 weeks later
    #1715 4 years ago

Like everything else right now..

Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpgScreenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    #1716 4 years ago

I almost had a heart attack when I woke up this morning. I did use the opportunity to grab some more LINK though.

#1717 4 years ago

Looks like halving came early.

#1718 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Like everything else right now..[quoted image]

Looks like it's time to pick up some more. Last time it dipped hard (down to 4k) I bought some more and it then shot back up to 12k (where I sold some).

#1719 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like it's time to pick up some more. Last time it dipped hard (down to 4k) I bought some more and it then shot back up to 12k (where I sold some).

I opted to go with some stock today instead and grabbed some shares of PPL. I've been eying more ETH though and have been a big fan of LINK since forever....

1 week later
    #1720 4 years ago

Anybody get in on TP Token?

https://coinmarketcap.com/

1 month later
    1 month later
    #1722 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I had bought my LINK in December 2017 at $0.52. I’m kicking myself in the ass for not buying more.
    Are you still HODLing? I hope you bought a pile of it.

I stupidly sold like 1/2 my stack about a week before it jumped to $3+

#1723 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I stupidly sold like 1/2 my stack about a week before it jumped to $3+

Still hanging onto mine. I have a little bit, but not a lot.

#1724 3 years ago

Still hanging onto mine. I have a little bit, but not a lot.

$1000 EoY

Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpgDz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #1725 3 years ago

What a week for Link.

#1726 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What a week for Link.

I dumped 130 tokens at $8.80 to get back most of my initial investment. If I had only bought more back when it was $0.30.

3 months later
    #1727 3 years ago

How many are still in? I have added to my Bitcoin holdings and plan to add even more in the near future.

#1728 3 years ago

I moved all my crypto (which is not alot) into bitcoin and have just left it there and focused more on the stock market in the past year. If it goes huge over the next decade I'll be wealthy, if it doesn't and I lose it all, no big deal. I timed the NASDAQ really well, selling most of my stocks the first couple days into February's crash and buying back in 2 days off the bottom in March.

#1729 3 years ago

I'm still here.

I have LINK, BTC, LTC, ETH, BAND, BAT, COMP, XTZ, XLM, BCH, MANA, XRP, and a few others.

#1730 3 years ago

Still here staking ADA.

1 week later
    #1731 3 years ago

Bitcoin has topped 17k (again). I say again...but this time is very different than the last time. This time it has happened very quietly (compared to the crazy hype last time).

3 weeks later
    #1733 3 years ago

never thought I'd see bitcoin go to 20k again
    https://decrypt.co/47438/heres-why-bitcoins-price-is-suddenly-exploding

seriously thinking about just buying crypto straight from my paypal account.
    https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/cryptocurrency-on-paypal-faq-faq4398?app=searchAutoComplete#:~:text=Are%20there%20any%20fees%3F%20%5B&text=There%20are%20no%20transaction%20fees,holding%20Crypto%20in%20your%20account.

"Are there any fees? [valid thru December 31, 2020]
    There are no transaction fees when buying or selling Crypto with PayPal until 2021, and there are no fees for holding Crypto in your account.

If you use a linked bank account or debit card as a funding source to buy Crypto Assets, your bank may charge you its own fees, including overdraft fees or insufficient fund fees, if applicable. PayPal is not responsible for any fees that may be charged to you by your bank.
    More information on pricing and fees can be found on the PayPal Fees page, the PayPal Cash Long Form Disclosure and the PayPal Cash Plus Long Form Disclosure."

#1734 3 years ago

I've been holding, or HODLing as crypto people like to say, since 2017. My best performing coin is up 1,230%. My only complaint is that I didn't buy more.

#1735 3 years ago

Since 2017 I've more than doubled my BTC holdings and I'm adding small amounts monthly...even now. I'm looking at two or possibly three more halvings as a good target value. So roughly another 8-12 years.

1 week later
    #1736 3 years ago

It seems Paypal making it easy to buy Bitcoin has really helped drive up the price in the past few weeks. How high will it go?

#1737 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

It seems Paypal making it easy to buy Bitcoin has really helped drive up the price in the past few weeks. How high will it go?

I doubled my investment this year. Not bad.

#1738 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Beginning January 1st (friday), they start their fees.. which is as high as 2.3% when buying or selling
    https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

#1739 3 years ago

Kind of sucks too because you can’t send or receive it, only buy and sell.

#1740 3 years ago

Seems bitminers are using same amount of energy as 200m people. This can’t possibly fail..

#1741 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Seems bitminers are using same amount of energy as 200m people. This can’t possibly fail..

Then don't invest in it.

#1742 3 years ago

I bought a bunch more Bitcoin a few weeks ago and it's through the roof... tempted to sell it like a daytrader to lock these huge gains, are most of you holding?

#1743 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I bought a bunch more Bitcoin a few weeks ago and it's through the roof... tempted to sell it like a daytrader to lock these huge gains, are most of you holding?

I’ve been hanging on for 3 years.

#1744 3 years ago

Etherium has gone up nearly 25% in the last 24 hours, weeeeeee!

#1745 3 years ago

Yikes. If you were enjoying your gains over the weekend, don't look at your portfolio. I almost threw up.

Down a total of 17% across all my coins in about 3 hours.

#1746 3 years ago

I’ve been hanging on for 3 years.

Been HODLing for 8 years, it’s gonna be 6 digits and anyone who still thinks bitcoin is a failure and not going anywhere looks stupider and stupider by the year.
    99.9% of bitcoin ownership has been profitable.

In less than a decade those who bought in 2017 and the “big crash” will look like peanuts and a screaming deal. The new investors in 2025 will be thinking “people really killed themselves over 17k bitcoin?!? Idiots...” as bitcoin sits at hundreds of thousands lol. Even if you “lost it all” when it was 17k right now you’ve earned almost double if you weren’t dumb and sold at a massive loss.

Some people are pissy in the stock market thread because they didn’t buy an asset that has grown by literally 8,900,000+% percent since the beginning. Stop living in denial, fiat it dead.

Even if bitcoin crashes again, which it will, 30k will be almost nothing compared to the price in less than 5 years.

#1747 3 years ago

I'm definitely really curious to see where crypto goes. It seems to jump hard in January like clockwork, then crash. I didn't pay any for my coins, I just mined them over the years.

I had a bunch of Bitcoin back in like 2011 (50-100), but used most of it over the years when it was worth <$100 since I was a broke college kid and paid nothing for them. Though I still have some left that I'm just holding on to until it's (hopefully) worth something really stupid.

What's funny is I used to have a TON of Doge, around 2 million. I traded all of it in 2017 when it hit $0.007, and switched it to Ethereum. Still stings a bit to see it jump, but I personally think Ethereum is the best coin and will have it's day.

#1748 3 years ago

Yeah, I've been sticking to Ethereum and Bitcoin and I'm pretty happy about it in the past month, even buying more as it's risen.

#1749 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

I'm definitely really curious to see where crypto goes. It seems to jump hard in January like clockwork, then crash. I didn't pay any for my coins, I just mined them over the years.
    I had a bunch of Bitcoin back in like 2011 (50-100), but used most of it over the years when it was worth <$100 since I was a broke college kid and paid nothing for them. Though I still have some left that I'm just holding on to until it's (hopefully) worth something really stupid.
    What's funny is I used to have a TON of Doge, around 2 million. I traded all of it in 2017 when it hit $0.007, and switched it to Ethereum. Still stings a bit to see it jump, but I personally think Ethereum is the best coin and will have it's day.

When do you think that Flippening will finally happen? I think ETH is the future as well but it seems bitcoin will always overshadow it.
    When will people realize ETH actually has massive utility?

#1750 3 years ago

Any one having issues with being locked out of there Coinbase account or having it put “under review” so you can’t access your portfolio.

There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.