Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg
    There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.
    #1601 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Transaction fees are not based on amount of the transaction.

I know this, thus the sarcasm sign.

#1602 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You don’t get it.

I do. I probably should have used the sarcasm instead of wink.

Lighten up Francis.

#1603 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well damn, we'll have to see what happens in another 4 days!

+12%

#1604 6 years ago

Yes... but you still have to go back to November to find the price of Bitcoin this low.

#1605 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Yes... but you still have to go back to November to find the price of Bitcoin this low.

Feb 6 was lower but odin was asking when was the last time it went up 10% in a day.
    8 days ago and today.
    Still way down though no question.

#1606 6 years ago

Any list of companies willing to accept bitcoin as payment?

#1607 6 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

Feb 6 was lower but odin was asking when was the last time it went up 10% in a day.
    8 days ago and today. Still way down though no question.

Both the Dow Jones and Bitcoin have been doing badly for months and are flirting with 3 month lows.

#1608 6 years ago

Overstock.com
    Expedia
    NewEgg
    Microsoft
    eGifter
    Shopify
    Dish
    Subway
    Playboy
    Reddit
    The Internet Archive
    Pirate Bay
    EZTV
    Bloomberg.com
    BigFishGames
    Whole Foods
    Dish Network
    Etsy
    The Libertarian Party
    Intuit
    Grooveshark
    Foodler
    Roadway Moving Company
    PizzaforCoins (Dominos, Pizza Hut or Papa John's)
    Virgin Galactic
    Gyft
    Reeds Jewelers
    Cheap Air
    Zynga
    Steam
    Save the Children
    OK Cupid
    Namecheap
    Tesla
    Wikipedia
    Cheap Airlines
    4 Chan
    Mega.co.nz
    Mint
    Fancy
    Square
    Badoo
    Lionsgate Films
    RE/Max London
    Alphabay
    Stripe
    PureVPN
    Magnificent Tea
    More here: https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/

#1609 6 years ago

KFC in Canada
    Lamborghini

#1610 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Overstock.com
    Expedia
    NewEgg
    Microsoft
    eGifter
    Shopify
    Dish
    Subway
    Playboy
    Reddit
    The Internet Archive
    Pirate Bay
    EZTV
    Bloomberg.com
    BigFishGames
    Whole Foods
    Dish Network
    Etsy
    The Libertarian Party
    Intuit
    Grooveshark
    Foodler
    Roadway Moving Company
    Virgin Galactic
    Gyft
    Reeds Jewelers
    Cheap Air
    Zynga
    Steam
    Save the Children
    OK Cupid
    Namecheap
    Tesla
    Wikipedia
    Cheap Airlines
    4 Chan
    Mega.co.nz
    Mint
    Fancy
    Square
    Badoo
    Lionsgate Films
    RE/Max London
    Alphabay
    Stripe
    PureVPN
    Magnificent Tea
    More here: https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-companies-stores-take-bitcoins/

AND...the State of Arizona will accept Bitcoin to pay your taxes!

#1611 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Overstock.com
    Expedia
    NewEgg
    Microsoft
    eGifter
    Shopify
    Dish
    Subway
    Playboy
    Reddit
    The Internet Archive
    Pirate Bay
    EZTV
    Bloomberg.com
    BigFishGames
    Whole Foods
    Dish Network
    Etsy
    The Libertarian Party
    Intuit
    Grooveshark
    Foodler
    Roadway Moving Company
    Virgin Galactic
    Gyft
    Reeds Jewelers
    Cheap Air
    Zynga
    Steam
    Save the Children
    OK Cupid
    Namecheap
    Tesla
    Wikipedia
    Cheap Airlines
    4 Chan
    Mega.co.nz
    Mint
    Fancy
    Square
    Badoo
    Lionsgate Films
    RE/Max London
    Alphabay
    Stripe
    PureVPN
    Magnificent Tea

This list seems to be misleading. Just looking at a few of these that looked interesting, you first need to buy a giftcard with bitcoin, then use the giftcard with the merchant (Whole Foods), others like Subway are limited to a specific franchise location, and others such as Steam have dropped it ( https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1464096684955433613 )

#1612 6 years ago

I’m back.

2 months later
    3 weeks later
    #1614 5 years ago

So how's that bitcoin looking today, boys?

#1615 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lower than last December, still up +132.5% in the past year. Better than the Stock Market. I don't know about you, but my alt coin dabbling is for funsies, I'm much more worried about the stock market where I have serious investments, all the tariffs have been hurting it for the past six months and there is no sign of improvement in the near future. It's affecting both crypto and the market.

#1616 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I started mining Bitcoin was about $40. I think I’m still in the plus column.

#1617 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Tulips

On to where it should be valued

Tons of pump and dump bag holders

#1618 5 years ago

I got in late in November and made 300% profit. I can only imagine what others have done.

#1619 5 years ago

Anyone who gambles on bitcoin might as well go to Vegas and put it all on black......basically the same thing

#1620 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I got in late in November and made 300% profit. I can only imagine what others have done.

A guy who I know here bought it at 40-60 bucks - sold it at the peak.

I don’t know how much he initially bought - but it was enough to pay off his NZ size mortgage (ie huge) and buy some pinball machines. And he still has some BC left.

Like any investment, it’s those who get in at the ground floor who make the serious coin.

In saying that - for every “ground floor investment” that wins big .... there are probably 10,000 that don’t.

rd

#1621 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Like any investment, it’s those who get in at the ground floor who make the serious coin.

That was my point - I got in super late and still made serious profits.

#1622 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That was my point - I got in super late and still made serious profits.

You can’t complain at 300%.

But he made like 240x his initial investment.

I don’t even know how much percentage that is lol

rd

#1623 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My "stupid" $200 Ethereum purchase made enough money for me to buy a nice used 3rd car daily driver. My "smart" traditional savings account made enough to buy one lunch in that same car.

It sucks being stupid sometimes.

Do you want everyone to post here when the market goes back up in the same sarcastic tone, or do you have it covered?

There's plenty of room for it to drop down more, so luckily you will still have the opportunity to show everyone how everything in the early 20th century was way better than today's modern society.

#1624 5 years ago

I'm still in. Obviously not "up" like I was...but still up overall. It's fun.

#1625 5 years ago

I'm still waiting for Tron to start to pop, should start to see something around independance day. There is a coinflip ATM about 8 miles from my house that I can stick cash into, and it transfers Tron coins directly to my phone wallet in a matter of minutes for a low 3% fee

#1626 5 years ago

Wonder how they cashed out? I hear it is a P I T A!

#1627 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone who gambles on bitcoin might as well go to Vegas and put it all on black......basically the same thing

As an avid gambler and someone that invests a lot of money in the market, property and plays around with crypto, I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, you need a reality check, you are talking about things that you clearly don't understand - both gambling and crypto.

#1628 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

As an avid gambler and someone that invests a lot of money in the market, property and plays around with crypto, I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, you need a reality check, you are talking about things that you clearly don't understand - both gambling and crypto.

TRUE, everyone knows you bet RED!

#1629 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm still up a few hundred percent.

How's your savings account doing?

#1630 5 years ago

Bitcoin is still higher than where I entered. Still worth more than what I put into it in cash. As for the alt-currencies, some I'm still much higher than where I entered, others much, much lower. Me cashing out 95% of my TRON at 100x my investment has made me pretty immune to worrying about watching values fall on many of the cryptos I paid for with those winnings. Either way, I plan to ride my crypto holdings to the ground or to glory. I'd rather completely risk my small investment than miss out on a potential huge upswing. I still believe in cryptocurrency, even if I may have chosen ones that won't survive in the next generation.

3 weeks later
    #1631 5 years ago

So...many years ago I played poker online (small stakes...just for fun). Then "Black Friday" happened and it made it difficult to play online so I stopped.

Well it looks like poker is back and there are a handful of legitimate places to play online. I found one in particular that only accepts Bitcoin. Totally anonymous...you don't even need to give an email address to sign up...no name...no address, and of course no credit cards. They assign you a unique ID when you sign up. Then they assign you a unique Bitcoin deposit address...and that is pretty much it. Cost me 8 cents to send over $250 worth of Bitcoin. It arrived virtually instantaneously and I was up and running. Made like $50 in under an hour playing at a table where the max buy-in was about $15... but I was getting some big hands.

Everything is listed in Bitcoin...no cash equivalents are listed anywhere...just all Bitcoin. For example the table I was playing at was 2 mBitcoin(mili Bitcoin) and the blinds were .01 and .02. Total buy-in equaled about $15. Kind of fun. I'm not going to push an online gambling site here with names or links but I'm sure you can quickly find it if you're interested.

Mainly it's a Sports betting site...but I'd probably lose my ass sports betting...poker I get.

#1632 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

TRUE, everyone knows you bet RED!

bro (resized).jpgbro (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #1633 5 years ago

It's a buyer's market!

#1634 5 years ago

I’m not following the market - what’s happening these days?

rd

#1635 5 years ago

It’s all in the toilet. It’s over.

#1636 5 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

It’s all in the toilet. It’s over.

Oh dear.

I hadn’t heard much about it for a while so I have no idea what’s happening.

rd

#1637 5 years ago

Haven't heard much from user extremepinball out of Vegas lately. When bitcoin was near 20k he was bragging about all the money he was making and how he was going to invest a shit ton more in all these risky cryptos, while bashing anyone who dared question the wisdom of his investing strategy. Every time his portfolio went up he posted here about it. I wonder how his portfolio is looking now? Crickets

#1638 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Haven't heard much from user extremepinball out of Vegas lately. When bitcoin was near 20k he was bragging about all the money he was making and how he was going to invest a shit ton more in all these risky cryptos, while bashing anyone who dared question the wisdom of his investing strategy. Every time his portfolio went up he posted here about it. I wonder how his portfolio is looking now? Crickets

He hasn't logged in for 3 months. His computer was probably repo'd.

#1639 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I’m not following the market - what’s happening these days?

https://ethereumworldnews.com/cryptocurrency-market-loses-43-billion-in-five-days/

This explains why Tron is down to 2 cents (it's been floating at 4 cents for months). I've been holding out on investing anything serious, glad I waited. Buyers market indeed, if you bought Tron now and it even recovers to it's usual 4 cents, you're doubling your money.

2 weeks later
    #1640 5 years ago

Another note about TRX, I did not realize that the conversion to it's own coin also meant I couldn't use my wallet anymore. Found this out when I went to buy more from the local ATM today and the customer service of coinflip is very helpful (even called me). I have about $18 stuck at this point. I could transfer it to binance, but I need ETH to pay for gas for the transfer (sitting in Eidoo wallet). Not worth buying ETH to release it so I guess it'll just burn.

Now that I have a TRON wallet, probably going to be buying a bunch. Every week there's another announcement, it really sounds like they're in it for the long haul.

#1644 5 years ago

That just got it to stabilize. For a bull run he's going to have to do that to Ron Jeremy.

2 weeks later
    #1645 5 years ago

VIBE is some virtual reality currency? I debated when I saw it at 75% this morning (no way this is going any higher), bought in at 92% and it's peaking over 140% now. never saw something climb so quick
    VIBE currency (resized).pngVIBE currency (resized).png

sheesh!
    200% (resized).png200% (resized).png

1 month later
    #1646 5 years ago

Hope everyone invested in ravencoin the past day, it's going gangbusters today (20,000 volume)

#1647 5 years ago

Please post more , what wallet do u use for raven ?

#1648 5 years ago

I'm waiting for the Nex Exchange to commence trading operations. I managed to purchase some Nex from the lottery and I'm thinking of staking it for 2 years to gain maximum staking income once the staking contract is up and running. Is anyone else bullish on Nex?

Fingers crossed the Nex exchange is a success when it opens.

#1649 5 years ago
    Quoted from Londonpinball:

Please post more , what wallet do u use for raven ?

I buy TRX using coinflip ATM (tron wallet app), transfer it to binance, do my trade, let it peak, sell (which auto converts to bitcoin), transfer back to my digital wallet.

4 weeks later
    #1650 5 years ago

So how's the crypto scene doing these days?

There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me/page/33?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.