Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg
    There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 39.
    #1351 6 years ago

Gotcha, I just moved some of my coin to Binance and can now purchased a few other coins. What's your favorite exchange?

#1352 6 years ago

Binance seems to be the most popular (and stable), though it is based in hong kong (servers are in japan and korea).

#1353 6 years ago

So it seems in the week or so I've been watching the Bitcoin and Ethereum, they seem to drop to their lowest value around 6-8am Pacific time. Like drop hundreds of dollars and then start climbing again. Is that a longer trend people have noticed or is it just the past couple days? Those seem like the dips to buy if you are sinking a fair a mount of cash into this Market, then sell it at the peak each day in the early afternoon, then buy again in the morning...

#1355 6 years ago

In case anyone still needs an explanation of Bitcoin:

#1356 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

picking up the 580s a month ago was a very nice choice! Consider giving NiceHash a try with this new rig - my 390's do extremely well on it, and they are similar architecture.

I couldn't get it to boot last night and I left to Las Vegas today so I'll have to try when I get back. I really wanted it up and running too.

Wanted to get started mining Monero.

#1357 6 years ago

There's always money in the banana stand.

what_bubble (resized).jpgwhat_bubble (resized).jpg

#1358 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Go for it.

#1359 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

rd

13EF5B98-12BB-418D-BD2A-7EE4AB8A86D0 (resized).png13EF5B98-12BB-418D-BD2A-7EE4AB8A86D0 (resized).png

#1360 6 years ago

There is a ton of talk about coin but I am surprized that pinsiders do not discuss ATM’s.
    I would think this crypto beast would be much healthier with some food
    Anyone have investment or own one of these?
    https://coinatmradar.com

#1361 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

There is a ton of talk about coin but I am surprized that pinsiders do not discuss ATM’s.
    I would think this crypto beast would be much healthier with some food
    Anyone have investment or own one of these?
    https://coinatmradar.com

i don't own one, but i did use one a couple times. once to withdraw and once to deposit. both transactions were pretty easy.

#1362 6 years ago

Anyone have an opinion of Coinvest?

#1363 6 years ago

Interesting if not particularly in depth blog here, author is neither pro nor con crypto:
    https://hackernoon.com/resistance-to-cryptocurrency-as-explained-by-behavioral-economics-482613bed63a

#1364 6 years ago

Here's a good one, must read for anyone new to the idea of trading in general...
    https://hackernoon.com/million-dollar-trading-mistakes-for-your-entertainment-and-edification-e9bbf9675a8b

#1365 6 years ago

ugh dude keeps typing "morale of the story" instead of "moral of the story" and it's driving me crazy.

#1366 6 years ago

Here's another good one I just saw, I particularly like how he's separated tokens out into different classes such as utility, currency, asset, and equity.
    https://hackernoon.com/why-use-the-blockchain-instead-of-a-database-what-gives-tokens-value-263449681153

#1367 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkbirge:

Interesting if not particularly in depth blog here, author is neither pro nor con crypto:
    https://hackernoon.com/resistance-to-cryptocurrency-as-explained-by-behavioral-economics-482613bed63a

That was a good article, though I would say the author is generally pro crypto, he’s just not being an advocate (which is a rare thing for a blogger).

#1368 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

ugh dude keeps typing "morale of the story" instead of "moral of the story" and it's driving me crazy.

I know. What a looser.

#1369 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone saw that Robinhood will be adding bitcoin and Ethereum to their trading platform. I currently use coinbase but will be moving funds to Robinhood no transaction fee.
    https://share.robinhood.com/lisab347

#1370 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I have another one that claims to pay 3% per day for life. Every day they put 3% into my account. That money is withdrawn every day. I know to take those daily payments out at least until day 34. Every day that I receive interest after that is essentially free money. It's completely insane, absolutely unsustainable, and I just hope my wager lasts at least another 26 days. If it goes another 122 days I'll cover the recent loss too.

Update on this Ponzi scheme?

#1371 6 years ago

New Investment Opportunity!

https://powhcoin.com/index.html

#1373 6 years ago

Just paid for my family’s spring break condo with returns from mining. Whether the market is up or down, my rig keeps chugging along.

#1374 6 years ago

thread should be retitled to "someone explain to me why every cryptocurrency is down the past month"

#1375 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

thread should be retitled to "someone explain to me why every cryptocurrency is down the past month"

That's part of the answer....it will likely get worse before it gets better.

Regulations in South Korea are also having an effect.

Plus...the whole market was over pumped at the end of 2017 (IMHO).

#1376 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Although I totally believe in the blockchain and many of the technologies, the market cap on most of the cryptos was/is nuts.

As a believer in Ethereum it's been interesting to watch this last week. Most of my other cryptos have pulled back considerably. Eth has done very well IMO considering the rest of the crypto market. Most of the other cryptos have pulled back to end of 2017 pricing or even lower.

My very uneducated and thinking aloud is Eth is somewhat supporting the market to a degree. If it has a considerable correction down to $700 or so it could really pull down everything else with it. I purchased a very small amount right before it went from 700 to 1350 or so and that wasnt long ago.

With that said I will still buy below $900 and I'm currently mining Eth on both my rigs. I'm sure there are buying opportunities out there, but this stuff is not for the faint of heart. FWIW I am very long on Ethereum and others and I'm not too concerned about near term volatility.

Edit: Not sure if this is the best place to be posting my mining tables, but you make do with what you have. Both temporary till I find a couple sturdy tables at an estate or garage sale.

IMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4226 (resized).JPGIMG_4226 (resized).JPG

#1377 6 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

Not sure if anyone saw that Robinhood will be adding bitcoin and Ethereum to their trading platform. I currently use coinbase but will be moving funds to Robinhood no transaction fee.
    https://share.robinhood.com/lisab347

Not sure if anyone signed up from my link but if they did I thank you I have received several free stocks

#1378 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Just paid for my family’s spring break condo with returns from mining. Whether the market is up or down, my rig keeps chugging along.

I would like to learn how to mine

#1379 6 years ago

Did you hear what I heard? Sounds like a cricket...

#1380 6 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Edit: Not sure if this is the best place to be posting my mining tables, but you make do with what you have.

very nice!

Quoted from bellbrand:

I would like to learn how to mine

First of all, i wouldn't recommend it if you haven't built a bunch of computers before. It can sometimes be very tricky getting 6 (or whatever) video cards all working smoothly on one system.

Second, it's not a sure thing. It's a risk, just like buying and trading cryptos. There's always the possibility that someone will come out with an ASIC for these algorithms, making your GPU mining rig useless for mining. And there's always the risk that alt-coins will crash to the point that mining them isn't profitable anymore.

Third, it's a get-rich-slow scheme. You pay a lot of money up front and it takes months to make back what you put into it. I got lucky with my timing and my rig paid for itself in about 2.5 months, but considering today's hardware prices and mining rates, i think the break even point if you started right now is more like 7-9 months. That could change if video card supplies get replenished in the market (and AMD says they are ramping up production), but right now there's a major drought, and people are paying absurd prices for GPUs.

That said ... the passive income is quite nice, and I do enjoy messing with these things just as a side hobby.

#1381 6 years ago

Gotta agree with Pez. Too much of a risk with the limited availability of hardware and ridiculous pricing if you can find it.

If GPUs become available again for a normal price I might consider it. I found syncing 6 cards a challenge, but if you’re patient, there’s plenty of resources online.

The only reason I have two rigs was in my scramble to source parts I ended up with 4 extra GPUs, an extra mining frame and a 4gb stick of RAM. GPUs sales on Amazon, eBay, Newegg, Best Buy and such were limited to one or two per and my purchases were getting canceled. Figured I was close enough at that point and had to pay too much for my final two RX580s. They have fans that light up red though so I guess that justifies the extra $120 a card

#1382 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

very nice!

First of all, i wouldn't recommend it if you haven't built a bunch of computers before. It can sometimes be very tricky getting 6 (or whatever) video cards all working smoothly on one system.
    Second, it's not a sure thing. It's a risk, just like buying and trading cryptos. There's always the possibility that someone will come out with an ASIC for these algorithms, making your GPU mining rig useless for mining. And there's always the risk that alt-coins will crash to the point that mining them isn't profitable anymore.
    Third, it's a get-rich-slow scheme. You pay a lot of money up front and it takes months to make back what you put into it. I got lucky with my timing and my rig paid for itself in about 2.5 months, but considering today's hardware prices and mining rates, i think the break even point if you started right now is more like 7-9 months. That could change if video card supplies get replenished in the market (and AMD says they are ramping up production), but right now there's a major drought, and people are paying absurd prices for GPUs.
    That said ... the passive income is quite nice, and I do enjoy messing with these things just as a side hobby.

Thanks for explaining.. I thought it would be a fun hobby but sounds like it’s more hassle than what it’s worth

#1383 6 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Fake currency created by Skynet to spread itself.

I like this one right here.
    Thanks
    Blake

#1384 6 years ago

I am hoping for a full crypto crash after the G20 summit. Go Angie Merks!

#1385 6 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Why are you hoping for it? Are you shorting the crypto market or just unhappy that people are profiting from it an you are not? I'd think if you really want to put your money where your mouth is you'd short GBTC, PRELF, MGTI and MARA.

#1386 6 years ago

I'm not hoping for one, but I'm expecting a massive crash in the near future. In any case, if Tether is illegitimate (very likely, its behavior is too suspicious), I'd like for the CFTC/SEC to pummel them sooner rather than later so that we can rip this bandaid off earlier and hopefully recover from Tether/Bitfinex meddling sooner.

#1387 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Why are you hoping for it? Are you shorting the crypto market or just unhappy that people are profiting from it an you are not? I'd think if you really want to put your money where your mouth is you'd short GBTC, PRELF, MGTI and MARA.

I am actually just getting into crypto. I was being a wise ass. Notice my logo..... I just want to make some money to buy a new pinball or build a pinball addition to my house.

#1388 6 years ago

I am actually just getting into crypto. I was being a wise ass. Notice my logo..... I just want to make some money to buy a new pinball or build a pinball addition to my house.

:lol:short the crypto crash

#1389 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

right now there's a major drought, and people are paying absurd prices for GPUs.

When there's a gold rush, but people aren't sure where the gold is, the best thing to do is sell the shovels.

#1391 6 years ago

The next big thing begins in 2 hours! Surely this reverse funnel scheme will work!

https://ethpyramid.com/

https://ethpyramid.com/whitepaper.html

#1392 6 years ago

Looks like there is going to be a wave of these now. Stupid is as stupid does.

#1393 6 years ago

Lots of coins at half price this month.

market (resized).pngmarket (resized).png

#1396 6 years ago

I'm buying once it gets back down to $2 a bitcoin

#1397 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm buying once it gets back down to $2 a bitcoin

2 weeks...

#1398 6 years ago

1517625430361 (resized).jpg1517625430361 (resized).jpg

#1399 6 years ago

i'm putting my mining rig up for sale. it's been really good to me. i'm happy to help anyone out with support and advice (within reason) if they buy it. i think i could ebay it for a lot more than this, but i wanted to give you guys a crack at it before i auction it off.

keep in mind you don't necessarily have to make back the whole cost of the rig -- much like a pinball machine, you could operate it for a while, and then sell it on (or part it out -- those 6 Vega 56 video cards can go a long way towards making your money back).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59817

mods -- i don't THINK i'm breaking any rules with this listing, but if so, my apologies. I thought this was the most proper way to let people know i'm selling it.

PS - i will also accept bitcoin as payment if anyone wants to pay that way.

#1400 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i'm putting my mining rig up for sale. it's been really good to me. i'm happy to help anyone out with support and advice (within reason) if they buy it. i think i could ebay it for a lot more than this, but i wanted to give you guys a crack at it before i auction it off.
    keep in mind you don't necessarily have to make back the whole cost of the rig -- much like a pinball machine, you could operate it for a while, and then sell it on (or part it out -- those 6 Vega 56 video cards can go a long way towards making your money back).
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59817
    mods -- i don't THINK i'm breaking any rules with this listing, but if so, my apologies. I thought this was the most proper way to let people know i'm selling it.
    PS - i will also accept bitcoin as payment if anyone wants to pay that way.

6 f*ing video cards. Ugh I'll never build my virtual pin pc at a reasonable rate with bitcoin around.

There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me/page/28?hl=extremepinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.