Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,905 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24DFBEB7-8D16-4BCC-98BE-2B2382FD19D1 (resized).png
    D3084087-E36D-48C7-A5BC-26D25E893558 (resized).jpeg
    3C8B3D30-A5B0-4A43-BE05-5F06EB3FC16E (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1_khpKB3DTiXm8v05uZ9rCsA (resized).png
    IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0109 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0108 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C18EB6C-5198-40C2-A947-1E1C37AFCDC2 (resized).jpeg
    Dz-Z3yAUcAACrS_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200312-094655_Coinbase.jpg
    IMG_4773 (resized).JPG
    200% (resized).png
    VIBE currency (resized).png
    bro (resized).jpg
    There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 39.
    #451 6 years ago

I guess he doesn't invest in the stock market, either. That's basically gambling.

#452 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yes! (2 years ago)

LOL! Isn't that always the case!

But we shall see...I'll either lose a little or make a lot.

#453 6 years ago

Now Coinbase is offline due to load. The big sell-off begins!

#454 6 years ago

I'm surprised that Coinbase is able to stay up at all. I read an article stating they had added 100,000 accounts in a single day, following the announcement of the CME bitcoin futures.

I think Xbox Live crashes every time a new Call of Duty is released.

#455 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Dave has a "better/nicer" way of presenting his thoughts on things (IMHO).

Well I've never known that to be an issue on Pinside.

Except for one poke at Pez on page two, not sure where I've not been nice, and the vitriolic responses from others was way out of line.

#456 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I want to get rich, and quick!
    Is this a good scheme for me to get involved in?

Yep, at the start. Got a time machine?

rd

#457 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Now Coinbase is offline due to load. The big sell-off begins!

Nope...already bouncing back - $9,897

#458 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I guess he doesn't invest in the stock market, either. That's basically gambling.

You’re right, I don’t. Never have.

Every country/market is different. NZ stock market isn’t like the US market with the crazy rises.

The USA property market is nothing like the NZ property market. It makes Crazy gains if you know what you’re doing.

Like anything, knowledge in what you’re doing is king.

rd

#459 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Nope...already bouncing back - $9,897

That's the zillions of people waiting for the dip buying in.

#460 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That's the zillions of people waiting for the dip buying in.

Bitcoin had a $2,087.03 swing over about a 5 hour period today....lol

#461 6 years ago

Yeah it's insane. But I decided to buy in more, in an amount I can easily lose, so I wouldn't kick myself like I did when it was $1,000 and so on.

#462 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

You'll only hear about the miracles and potential of "cryptocurrencies" and "blockchains", and they won't talk about the inadequacies of the backing network (transaction backlog, high transaction fees).

There are a few reasons I didn't "invest" in Bitcoin several years ago (2013??).

First: anyone can run a Bitcoin exchange - do I trust the exchange? A relative lost his Bitcoins because he kept them in an online wallet. How do you know if the server hosting your wallet is hardened like a bank's online security?
    https://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

Second: Bitcoin is NOT a currency until it becomes accepted as payment for goods - beyond experimental or fringe marketplaces. At the time, I was only aware of one marketplace that accepted Bitcoin.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)

Third: limitation on transaction times. From very early on, it was known that transactions would not be instantaneous. Without transaction times in seconds, adoption would be stunted.
    https://coincenter.org/entry/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-bitcoin-transaction-to-be-confirmed

All that said, I am actually hopeful for a cryptocurrency - but I don't know if Bitcoin is it. If Amazon were to accept Bitcoin, it would be a watershed moment. I can't even fathom the repercussions. BTW, Amazon is the exact type of marketplace that COULD deal with the long transaction times.
    https://futurism.com/rumor-suggests-amazon-will-begin-accepting-bitcoin/

#463 6 years ago
    Quoted from UltraPeepi:

There are a few reasons I didn't "invest" in Bitcoin several years ago (2013??).
    First: anyone can run a Bitcoin exchange - do I trust the exchange? A relative lost his Bitcoins because he kept them in an online wallet. How do you know if the server hosting your wallet is hardened like a bank's online security?
    https://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

an exchange is not a bank. it's a store. keep your cryptocoin in an offline wallet. bring it to the store when you're ready to buy something.

Quoted from UltraPeepi:

Second: Bitcoin is NOT a currency until it becomes accepted as payment for goods - beyond experimental or fringe marketplaces.

agreed ... but so what? why is it important that it be a widely-used direct currency? (honest question)

also, there are many legitimate marketplaces that take bitcoin ... but they are definitely outliers for now. i'm just saying it isn't only drugs and illegal goods.)

Quoted from UltraPeepi:

Third: limitation on transaction times. From very early on, it was known that transactions would not be instantaneous. Without transaction times in seconds, adoption would be stunted.
    https://coincenter.org/entry/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-bitcoin-transaction-to-be-confirmed

transactions through Fidelity and other brokers can take days to settle, and have much higher transaction fees. plus, as long as the integrity and security of the transaction is assured (by the blockchain public ledger), then the delay isn't that big a deal.

Quoted from UltraPeepi:

All that said, I am actually hopeful for a cryptocurrency - but I don't know if Bitcoin is it. If Amazon were to accept Bitcoin, it would be a watershed moment. I can't even fathom the repercussions. BTW, Amazon is the exact type of marketplace that COULD deal with the long transaction times.
    https://futurism.com/rumor-suggests-amazon-will-begin-accepting-bitcoin/

i dunno, i think they are probably waiting for the price to stablize. that's probably more important to them than the potential upside of it continuing to inflate.

#464 6 years ago

You guys have to pay capital gains on profits?

#465 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Depends on your definition of “have to”. You’re certainly legally obligated to.

#466 6 years ago

The "Bulls" won't let it slide.

Dash is now on a tear.

#468 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

agreed ... but so what? why is it important that it be a widely-used direct currency? (honest question)

Because if its not... it's purely a speculative investment whose only driving force is trading between speculators and without a future for the product, you kill the outlook of future escalation = the bubble pops.

Quoted from pezpunk:

transactions through Fidelity and other brokers can take days to settle, and have much higher transaction fees. plus, as long as the integrity and security of the transaction is assured (by the blockchain public ledger), then the delay isn't that big a deal.

It is when you have no trust behind it. Do you hold all goods until settlement? We know how that stunts consumer transactions (holding till check clears, etc) and would make it virtually useless for real-time exchange of goods. Settlement time isn't a big deal because we are dealing with institutions that have backing.. through insurance, capital reserve requirements, fraud protections, etc.

Quoted from pezpunk:

i dunno, i think they are probably waiting for the price to stablize. that's probably more important to them than the potential upside of it continuing to inflate.

A currency that isn't stable... is risk for a business. They don't want to take on that risk when there are safer options available.

The speculative trading is great for the people collecting the fees and for the early adopters trying to time their sells... and is horrible for everyone else and the future of bitcoin actually having a practical use.

Right now it reminds me of the Penny Bidding auction sites. The action is in the transactions, not the actual product being sold. I don't trust the trading indexes or exchanges at all... the conflict of interest and lack of oversight is pure combustibles waiting to go up...

#469 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Because if its not... it's purely a speculative investment whose only driving force is trading between speculators and without a future for the product, you kill the outlook of future escalation = the bubble pops.

i agree it's a speculative investment. that's definitely what i'm doing with Monero. But i disagree that the *only* force driving its value is speculation. also, i very much disagree that the product is without a future. i think the next 12 months will see a dramatic increase in the number of marketplaces that accept bitcoin as payment. i could be wrong. we'll see.

Quoted from flynnibus:

It is when you have no trust behind it. Do you hold all goods until settlement? We know how that stunts consumer transactions (holding till check clears, etc) and would make it virtually useless for real-time exchange of goods. Settlement time isn't a big deal because we are dealing with institutions that have backing.. through insurance, capital reserve requirements, fraud protections, etc.

the blockchain was specifically designed to obviate the need for precisely those protections that middlemen provide. one of the main points of bitcoin was that it comes with its own built-in middleman protections in the form of a public ledger.

it reminds me of the early days of the internet, when people would wring their hands about how anonymous everyone was and how scary that concept was -- when in reality, the opposite was true. it's actually harder to be anonymous on the internet than it is in real life. same is true of bitcoin. if you want to launder money or do something shady, use cash. Bitcoin is neither anonymous nor untraceable, and people will begin to realize that eventually.

Quoted from flynnibus:

A currency that isn't stable... is risk for a business.

i literally just said that is probably the reason Amazon hasn't decided to accept bitcoin yet. i don't hope it goes up. i hope (and believe) it will find a stable spot so that businesses and consumers can actually use it as a currency with confidence. who wants to buy a pizza with an amount that might be worth $500 a week from now? at this point, stability would be better for bitcoin's existence as a currency than continued escalation would be.

Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't trust the trading indexes or exchanges at all... the conflict of interest and lack of oversight is pure combustibles waiting to go up...

i agree -- it's a very risky market and nobody should be investing money they can't afford to lose. it's brand new and there's effectively zero oversight, other than the protections built into the coins and protocols themselves, and basic corporate equivalent of survival instinct.

#470 6 years ago

Can we please call it a mania now?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#471 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

nah. there's more to a bubble than a thing rising in value.

#472 6 years ago

If it's a bubble then its a hot air balloon and someone just lit the candle.

#473 6 years ago

What a roller coaster....haha.

#474 6 years ago

I think the rise of Bitcoin is a black swan event and not just another tulip craze. We aren't seeing its price skyrocket just because of mania (which there has been a lot of especially in the past 5-6 months) but because there are a lot of forward thinking people that recognize that we have potentially stumbled upon the next major paradigm of currency. That's not just being a cryptocurrency, any country could make their own if they wanted, but a global currency that is not and cannot be fully controlled by any single government and is owned and operated by the people. That's doing for money what the Internet did for information.

I think we keep seeing the price rise and not stabilizing because we haven't actually felt out and found its true value yet. $10k-$11k per Bitcoin might still just be a fraction of its eventually realized value. Until we find that value ($50k? $1M???) Bitcoin is obviously a terrible currency ($100+ million pizza) but a potentially amazing investment. If Bitcoin does become a viable currency one day then we are still in the early adoption days right now, before Wall St. and big business have embraced it.

I've been willing to throw a little bit of money at this experiment. If I'm wrong I won't have lost much, but if I'm right then I will be obscenely rewarded. I think the ratio of risk to reward is significantly in my favor.

#475 6 years ago
    Quoted from XXVII:

I think the ratio of risk to reward is significantly in my favor.

Bingo (and I agree with your assessment...only reason I'm invested).

#476 6 years ago

My favorite crypto quote this morning read:

"I now predict Bitcoin at $1 million by the end of 2020. I will still eat my dick if I'm wrong."

-John McAfee

#477 6 years ago

John McAfee is a looney toon, and has been for years.

#478 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

John McAfee is a looney toon, and has been for years.

Agreed, but he's been absolutely brilliant for even more years. There's a fine line between genius & insanity. Unfortunately for all, he crossed it.

#479 6 years ago

"Can we please call it a mania now?"

Quoted from pezpunk:

nah. there's more to a bubble than a thing rising in value.

To be fair, he questioned if it was a mania, not a bubble. And I agree that there is unquestionably a great deal of mania surrounding Bitcoin's crossing of $10k.

The top won't be called for a long time, so the bubble is in zygote level right now. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Fuck, I'm been wrong about millions of things in the last 51 years.

Why give up a good streak. Right?

#480 6 years ago
    Quoted from UltraPeepi:

At the beginning of 2013, Bitcoin was trading at about $25 per coin. A $4,500 (Avg cost of a NIB) investment then would have given you 180 Bitcoin.

If you sold it right now, at $9,475 ($2,000 Below its recent top) it would have net you $1,705,500. In 5 years. Doing nothing.

So, honestly, how do you feel about not having "invested" at that time?

I honestly just don't get it.

#481 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

At the beginning of 2013, Bitcoin was trading at about $25 per coin. A $4,500 (Avg cost of a NIB) investment then would have given you 180 Bitcoin.
    If you sold it right now, at $9,475 ($2,000 Below its recent top) it would have net you $1,705,500. In 5 years. Doing nothing.
    So, honestly, how do you feel about not having "invested" at that time?
    I honestly just don't get it.

I'll admit that Bitcoin first caught my attention in 2014 when it was hovering in the $600-800 range. I didn't invest then becasue I didn't understand what it was and I didn't like the options/vehicles at the time for investing in it (they seemed "iffy/shady" to me)...so I forgot about it.

Obviously the explosion that happened this year caught a lot more eyes...including mine (again). This time I did a LOT more research, and I liked what I saw. So yes I jumped on a speeding freight train...but not just becasue it was a speeding freight train but because of what I learned about it.

The price increase this year appears absolutely insane...until you really start to think about the potential. That potential may never be realized; but if it ever is then 10k, 15k, 25k are all still early. If it really does become a new World Wide currency...even if it's just "in addition to" existing currencies...then 100k+ is well within reason.

Remember that a single Bitcoin is highly divisible. Even if the value hit 1 million then the smallest denomination (one Satoshi) would still only be worth 1 cent. That's a lot of headroom....necessary headroom, if it's going to actually work as a currency.

THAT being said there is a second option for value. Bitcoin could simply become an alternate store of value (yeah, yeah...sort of like gold). Under this scenario I do not see the eventual price going as high but we could still see prices tipping 50-100k.

Thirdly - Do not forget about or ignore ATOMIC SWAPS (so don't forget to pick up Litecoin if you do pick up Bitcoin). Atomic swaps solves many of Bitcoin's big issues right now (cost and speed of use). Atomic Swaps allows two people holding tokens on two different blockchains to trade directly – and instantly – without the risk of one party running off with the other's money before the trade is complete. That is where the word 'atomic' comes in. It means that either the trade happens in its entirety, or it doesn't happen at all. So, if a Lightning node goes offline or Bob reneges on his end of the deal, everyone gets their money back. The swap happens FREE of charge. https://cryptovest.com/news/lightning-network-first-atomic-swap-between-bitcoin-and-litecoin/

Then again it could ALL crash and burn (invest accordingly).

#482 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I'll admit that Bitcoin first caught my attention in 2014 when it was hovering in the $600-800 range. I didn't invest then becasue I didn't understand what it was and I didn't like the options/vehicles at the time for investing in it (they seemed "iffy/shady" to me)...so I forgot about it.
    Obviously the explosion that happened this year caught a lot more eyes...including mine (again). This time I did a LOT more research, and I liked what I saw. So yes I jumped on a speeding freight train...but not just becasue it was a speeding freight train but because of what I learned about it.
    The price increase this year appears absolutely insane...until you really start to think about the potential. That potential may never be realized; but if it ever is then 10k, 15k, 25k are all still early. If it really does become a new World Wide currency...even if it's just "in addition to" existing currencies...then 100k+ is well within reason.
    Remember that a single Bitcoin is highly divisible. Even if the value hit 1 million then the smallest denomination (one Satoshi) would still only be worth 1 cent. That's a lot of headroom....necessary headroom, if it's going to actually work as a currency.
    THAT being said there is a second option for value. Bitcoin could simply become an alternate store of value (yeah, yeah...sort of like gold). Under this scenario I do not see the eventual price going as high but we could still see prices tipping 50-100k.
    Thirdly - Do not forget about or ignore ATOMIC SWAPS (so don't forget to pick up Litecoin if you do pick up Bitcoin). Atomic swaps solves many of Bitcoin's big issues right now (cost and speed of use). Atomic Swaps allows two people holding tokens on two different blockchains to trade directly – and instantly – without the risk of one party running off with the other's money before the trade is complete. That is where the word 'atomic' comes in. It means that either the trade happens in its entirety, or it doesn't happen at all. So, if a Lightning node goes offline or Bob reneges on his end of the deal, everyone gets their money back. The swap happens FREE of charge. https://cryptovest.com/news/lightning-network-first-atomic-swap-between-bitcoin-and-litecoin/
    Then again it could ALL crash and burn (invest accordingly).

To date, I've accumulated 2.2+ Bitcoin, 326 Litecoin, and 38 Ether. I should have picked up more of all of them this morning when there was blood in the streets. There may be more downside to come but I'm also looking at the long term potential, not the daily ebb & flow.

#483 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Sounds like the IRS is coming for the Bitcoin tax cheats.

https://gizmodo.com/the-irs-has-come-knocking-at-bitcoins-door-1820877550/amp

So much for an anonymous currency, when you have to send in scans of your photo ID and a recent utility bill.

Will the Real Bitcoin please stand up?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/get-ready-for-a-wave-of-bitcoin-forks/

#484 6 years ago

To date, I've accumulated 2.2+ Bitcoin, 326 Litecoin, and 38 Ether. I should have picked up more of all of them this morning when there was blood in the streets. There may be more downside to come but I'm also looking at the long term potential, not the daily ebb & flow.

We are VERY close to each other....I have slightly more BTC and less LTC and Ether. Although I definitely would like to pick up more of those.

#485 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

We are VERY close to each other....I have slightly more BTC and less LTC and Ether. Although I definitely would like to pick up more those.

I just bought another 3.6 Ether & 14 Litecoin. I need to slow down...

Or sell some more well routed pins, then further expand my crypto currency empire, and subsequent world domination.

#486 6 years ago

To date, I've accumulated 2.2+ Bitcoin, 326 Litecoin, and 38 Ether.

2.2 bitcoin = $20,000? Ish

326 litecoin @86 = 28,000

38 Ether (etherum?) @440 = 16,700

= 65,000 ish.

Out of interest, how much did that lot cost when you bought them?

PS there really are 1000+ crypto currencies! Scroll down the list, there’s millions of them! Amazing!

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/bitcoin

rd

#487 6 years ago

I looked at my mining history and I’ve mined just over 6 bitcoins.

I just wish I had held on to most of them....the new video card I put in my gaming PC a little over a year ago via bitcoin (purchased on Newegg.com) is starting to look kinda expensive when I look at how much BT it cost at today’s price...

#488 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

2.2 bitcoin = $20,000? Ish
    326 litecoin @86 = 28,000
    38 Ether (etherum?) @440 = 16,700
    = 65,000 ish.
    Out of interest, how much did that lot cost when you bought them?

Less than that.

Now calculate how much I've lost since the peak of each of those cryptos just a day or two ago.

Oh and add another 3.5 Ether and 14 Litecoin to my existing wagers. I have no self control.

Quoted from rotordave:

PS there really are 1000+ crypto currencies!

With that knowledge, could you afford to take $1,000 and buy $10 worth of the top 100 cryptos, based on market cap, and forget about them for 5 years?

Your entire "risk of loss" will never exceed $1,000. The potential gains could be worth tens or hundreds of millions... Or you lost $200 bucks a year.

Personally, I don't want to be the guy who saved $1,000.

#489 6 years ago

With that knowledge, could you afford to take $1,000 and buy $10 worth of the top 100 cryptos, based on market cap, and forget about them for 5 years?
    Your entire "risk of loss" will never exceed $1,000. The potential gains could be worth tens or hundreds of millions... Or you lost $200 bucks a year.
    Personally, I don't want to be the guy who saved $1,000.

Good theory. $1000 is like 5 good restaurant meals. And all you get out of that is a good poop.

Personally, I come from a very basic business background. I would buy something for $1000, sell it for $1500, buy something else, sell it for more, eventually that $1000 has turned into business Parks.

But I can certainly see the appeal of “the next big thing” ... everyone wants to be in on the ground floor of the next Apple stock ...

rd

#490 6 years ago

https://gizmodo.com/the-irs-has-come-knocking-at-bitcoins-door-1820877550/amp
    So much for an anonymous currency, when you have to send in scans of your photo ID and a recent utility bill.
    Will the Real Bitcoin please stand up?
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/get-ready-for-a-wave-of-bitcoin-forks/

bitcoin was never intended to be anonymous.

#491 6 years ago

Isn't that graph a bit misleading? They have 2017 as "year 1" for Bitcoin.

#492 6 years ago

Couple years late for this question...
    As for mining you would need so much processing power at this point in the game!

#493 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Couple years late for this question...
    As for mining you would need so much processing power at this point in the game!

For Bitcoin? You can forget about it. There all multimillion dollar farms in China, Japan, Iceland...etc... way to expensive for a solo operation these days.

Now other coins you could still mine. Litecoin, Monero, etc...

#494 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Personally, I come from a very basic business background. I would buy something for $1000, sell it for $1500, buy something else, sell it for more, eventually that $1000 has turned into business Parks.

Sure, the red paperclip. Similar to what I did that with my previous rare coin company. Taught myself numismatics. Started selling coins on ebay hoping to make $5 per auction. Eventually reached a point where I was making multiple thousands on each coin.

There are millions of ways to make money. What works for you would not necessarily work (as successfully) for me, or anybody else. We all create our own path through life.

I started my current business by buying cheap arcade games, refurbishing them in my garage, then putting them out to earn... anywhere that would let me. All of my profits went into better games, more games, getting more accounts and better accounts. I worked 16 hours day/7 days week for the first 7 years growing the business. Now I work less, and play more.... until we close a deal for the arcade relocation/expansion. Then it's back to full time work for a year.

Quoted from rotordave:

... everyone wants to be in on the ground floor of the next Apple stock ...

Of course! That's the easy money. The money you for which one does not have to work, to get. It just magically grows whether you're shitting or sleeping. The American dream. I've never experienced the easy money until recently with the crypto currencies. I've worked very hard, for a very long time, to reach the level of success that I have achieved. And I'm not done.

So the big question is: What are you going to turn business parks into?

#495 6 years ago

So the big question is: What are you going to turn business parks into?

More business parks.

I’m just waiting for the upcoming recession (which is overdue..) and I’ll be on a buying spree.

Buy low - sell high.

PS I was in your Fremont arcade a few weeks ago, good setup. I’ll be back there again in 4 weeks for New Years Eve! Party on Fremont!

rd

#496 6 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Isn't that graph a bit misleading? They have 2017 as "year 1" for Bitcoin.

Arguing with the WSJ? You tulip deniers are killing me.

The graph represents the lifecycles of market fervor, and compares the timelines of the Bitcoin bubble with other recent events. Year one is when each episode started, not when a market was created. The article talks about Bitcoin's nine year history, so I think they got it right.

The headline said Mania, so it is officially one. Please change the thread title accordingly.

#497 6 years ago

Damn. I'm jealous.

I only have 0.7BTC, 5.3 Ether and 5.2 Litecoin. I also have some Saicoin I mined and the BCH and BTG I got from the recent forks. Speaking of which, I really need to see if Trezor implemented the interface so I can claim my BTG.

I'm thinking of selling that and buying XRP.

#498 6 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

I looked at my mining history and I’ve mined just over 6 bitcoins.
    I just wish I had held on to most of them....the new video card I put in my gaming PC a little over a year ago via bitcoin (purchased on Newegg.com) is starting to look kinda expensive when I look at how much BT it cost at today’s price...

Are you still mining? I'm assuming with an Antminer? I've been considering one, but they are incredibly difficult to get your hands on and the ROI is a little more than I'm comfortable with since I can't gauge the difficulty increases over the investment period.

Even if I were to order one now, they still aren't shipping until mid January.

#499 6 years ago

I "invested" in Bitcoin for the first time on November 1st, and just sold what I had today. In a months time, I was able to make more than enough money to buy any NIB pin of my liking. Not too shabby. Once the CME futures go live, I might jump back in if there's a significant dip.

#500 6 years ago

Luckily I won't have to pay any taxes (legally) when/if I convert my coins back to USD. Of course I'll have to pay the tax when I actually start taking the money but only on the amount I take.

There are 1,905 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-explain-bitcoin-to-me/page/10?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.