You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$_578.jpg
$_571.jpg
20150102_232729.jpg
Messages Image(1801097227).png
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I was surprised at how much I liked TFTC. Lot of bang for the buck in this pin, and it opened my eyes to Data East..I was a Bally/Williams snob. Data East offers some really nice games for the $$

I agree. Love the ramps shots

#52 9 years ago

+1 of TFTC. One of DE best.

#53 9 years ago

Jokerz - turn down the annoying music, the giggling court jester, and ignore the playfield Santa Claus and you'll find that it's really a fun game.

#55 9 years ago

Another vote for WPT. A really fun game that often gets an unfair rap for its "bad" artwork.

I've customized mine and am enjoying the hell out of it!

20150102_232729.jpg20150102_232729.jpg

#56 9 years ago

I think Avatar, BBH and TRS are all great underrated games. I also really enjoy CSI

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've customized mine and am enjoying the hell out of it!

Those WPT chips look awesome! Where did you score those I may have to copy idea-looks sharp.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Those WPT chips look awesome! Where did you score those I may have to copy idea-looks sharp.

Thanks. eBay - cheap mod. See following for more info/pics, if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-poker-tour-pinball-club/page/6#post-2148929

#59 9 years ago

Gilligan's Island is an absolute ball tearer. So much fun for so little money. The speed of the return, the revolving island pathway, the call outs and the quick ball times.
For the very first DMD machine ever built it is an absolute winner IMO.
When you LED it really pops too! Will NEVER EVER leave my collection.

#60 9 years ago

Tuna, nice looking game!

#61 9 years ago

Operation Thunder! Eagle 3 this is what you've been trained for! This is the only Wizard mode I'm aware of that the game ends once completed. Great War theme and truly underrated.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Operation Thunder! Eagle 3 this is what you've been trained for! This is the only Wizard mode I'm aware of that the game ends once completed. Great War theme and truly underrated.

man I really want to play this game. I think I would like it...I love the Gottliebs!!

#63 9 years ago

Agree about most of the Sega's.....really fun pins for the most part. I enjoy - SST, Godzilla, A13, Goldeneye, Baywatch and Batman Forever.

#64 9 years ago

Big Hurt - this is a lot more fun than it gets crapped on. It is a little of the easy side but at the Texas
Pinball Festival, I bet it got played more than Monster Bash. I would buy it for 1k, easy. I like how there are different objectives and the homerun shot is kind of fun. It is something different. The guy put up a sign to sell it for $2500 the last day even though he had a no sale sign for the first two days. I am guessing he was getter pestered by people who really wanted the game. Big Hurt imho is more underated than LAH.

Lethal Weapon 3 - find one that is not beat to hell. I think it is better actually than t2.

Sega pins - X-Files (I like how this game flows, the code kind of holds it back but the layout is there) Starship Troopers, Frankenstein. They are not deep but I think they are way better than their rep.

TFTC - pretty good. Some of the shots are a little goofy. New code is being put together for this

Road Show - I might get crapped on for this but I think it is better than TZ. TZ feels like paint drying in comparison to me.

Judge Dredd -the last two TPFs, I thought the Judge Dredds that were there looked awesome. I think the colorDMD is kind of gimicky for most games but for JD I think it fits because of the comic book style color and graphics. $400 is a lot for JD it added a lot. I always feel weird to go to a show and spend a decent chuck of time playing a game at that I have at home but haven't gone through the work to make it look awesome. A nice JD I think shits all over DM and JM.

#65 9 years ago

Swords of Fury is an ass kicker. Totally underrated. It's affordable, but hard to find since people owning it won't let it go!

$_571.jpg$_571.jpg $_578.jpg$_578.jpg
#66 9 years ago

Under rated games I own that I often play over much higher rated games are:
1) Demilition Man: handles make it much different and sky yelling is always entertaining.
2) World Cup Soccer. Lots of shots and just plane fun.
3) Flash Gordon. One of the best ss pins. Can be brutal which makes quality games feel great.

#67 9 years ago

NASCAR

#68 9 years ago

Baywatch, NBA Fastbreak.

#69 9 years ago

Flintstones is quite fun and way underrated also starship troopers which basically has the layout of mm .

#70 9 years ago

Sopranos - lots of action and a lot to do to become the BOSS! Great soundtrack!
X-Men - should be a Top 10 pin (at leat Top 15).
Godzilla - what a multiball monster , currently only 178?

And there are many early SS (78-81) out there as there are many super cool EMs.
Maybe there also should be a Top100 for the pre DMD post EM machines.

There are so many gems...
i.e.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-top-5-80s-pins

#71 9 years ago

Sterns Grand Prix!!!

#72 9 years ago

Bally Atlantis and DE Maverick are fun as hell

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Gilligan's Island is an absolute ball tearer. So much fun for so little money. The speed of the return, the revolving island pathway, the call outs and the quick ball times.
For the very first DMD machine ever built it is an absolute winner IMO.
When you LED it really pops too! Will NEVER EVER leave my collection.

Gotta agree with you there. I fixed one for a guy not too long ago, then I played it for a bit. I was surprised at how fun it was. I love that one shot could end up resulting in many different outcomes with the spinning island mechanism.

Suffice it to say, if I find one in pretty decent shape under $2k locally, it'd hard to pass up!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hard Body is super fun and super ugly.

This was the first machine that came to mind when I saw the thread title. This game is one of the more ugly machines out there but the game play is great. Super fast game as well.

#75 9 years ago

thank god nobody said bugs bunny.

Genesis is underrated
Sharkeys Shootout too

#76 9 years ago

Demolition Man. Also the DE games are great for the price. LAH is incredible.

#77 9 years ago

Roadshow and Who?Dunnit are both under-rated B/W titles, TFTC and Batman Forever don't get the love they deserve for DE/Sega's either.

I'd put Sopranos and to a lesser extent Family Guy as under-rated Sterns, and I will say to my dying day that Streetfighter gets a raw deal !!

#78 9 years ago

I agree with Roadshow, pop a colorDMD in that baby and it is deep, full of shots, comedic, and good looking. I am also a MSF advocate, it is a blast and the shots are great.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I agree with Roadshow, pop a colorDMD in that baby and it is deep, full of shots, comedic, and good looking. I am also a MSF advocate, it is a blast and the shots are great.

But its really not underrated bc its in top 50 pins like Flintstones that are 120 I say are underrated and it sells for more than rs lol

#80 9 years ago

Stargate!

#81 9 years ago

Another vote for CSI.

Saw it for the first time at TPF and put quite a few games on it. I never got into the show and would probably never own the game, but I really enjoyed playing it. Given everything I had read about the game, I didn't expect that at all.

Flintstones is another.

I have a Bugs Bunny, but I can't include it in this thread. The art, music and voices are great. The actual play - not so much.

#82 9 years ago

Most de pins. (Tftc, time machine, laser war, Tommy, etc)

Unpopular system 11 pins.

#83 9 years ago

Radical!

Awesome game, very hard, very fast and fun in multiplayer. Only downside is the random jackpot award.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Radical!
Awesome game, very hard, very fast and fun in multiplayer. Only downside is the random jackpot award.

A custom tournament rom has been done, which fixes the jackpot award to 5M making the game ever more awesome.

#85 9 years ago

I heard of it. Is it available?

Nevermind - found it. BUT: Is a version out that's actually showing the 5 million?

Olli

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-under-rated-games-that-are-fun/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.