• Latest reply 7 years ago by cooldan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GZ thinking (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

hi there pinheads, i'm almost finished writing a rulesheet for Godzilla, but had to fold my game up for a few weeks while i move house. i'd like to get the sheet finalised but cannot check a few points of detail just now - could anyone with a Godzilla at home please answer these questions for me? i'll put a number by them to make answering quicker and easier.

1 what changed when the CPU ROM changed to version 2.05?

2 jackpot scoring - can someone confirm the scoring for having one MB running (5M) and adding in a second (7M), third (?), fourth, fifth? what about starting two MBs together? and then adding in #3, #4, #5? starting three MBs, what's a jackpot worth? and then when you add in a fourth? and a fifth? and what value jackpots starting four MBs together, is it 20M? adding in the 5th one, is it 24M? i know starting all five together is worth 25M, so all other values must be less.

3 Score Does Matter mode - is one or two more shots after GZ multiball qualified (and ball popping out of Zilla's mouth)? do the ramp shots need to be consecutive with no other switch hits, or can you flail a bit so long as you beat the timer? can this mode be stacked with Mean Green Machine mode? and with all the multiballs? what about with Save New York?

4 Mean Green Machine mode - similar questions to above - it's 2 more shots after qualifying Baby Zilla MB, right? other switch hits allowed? stackable with MBs, SDM, SNY?

5 After you successfully save New York, is the jackpot doubler across the board, and for the rest of the game? - so 10M (one MB) to 50M (five MBs started together), SNY worth up to 450M (if 50M jackpots)? - and if you manage it again, does it redouble? man i love incremental scoring on a game.

6 can i play the same MB again without having to do the other ones or SNY first? i think so.

7 extra balls and Specials - by score (in settings), special (in settings) and 5th left orbit shot. any more? what lights the Special?

thanks fellas, i hope to launch the rulesheet by the weekend if you can clear these above points up. i thought i knew the answers and would normally just take the glass off to check, but i can't do that, and neither do i have the patience to wait two weeks.

btw, is there a Godzilla owners club thread on here anywhere, for sharing tips and mods and stuff? i couldn't find one.

GZ thinking (resized).jpgGZ thinking (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Check out this video for your answers:

#3 7 years ago

Thanks I saw that, unfortunately that video has 0 of the answers.

Never mind, I'll find out another way if none of you can help.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

unfortunately that video has 0 of the answers.

Huh. It's been a while since I've watched it, but I'm pretty sure it talks about the difference in JP values for adding them into an existing MB vs qualifying multiple MB's before you start one. You have the general idea of it already in your questions: qualifying multiple MB before starting gives additional 5M in JP value, but adding on a running MB adds only 2M.

IIRC, the SNY JP doubler is for that ball only, and applies to all JP values. I don't know if it doubles down again.

I'd suggest asking your questions over at tiltforums.com. You're more likely to have people who know more about the rules than I do.

#5 7 years ago

I had written these down a long time ago for Godzilla... (edited) but I was wrong. Correct version is on tiltforums, and will end up in Dan's rulesheet.

#6 7 years ago

i got most of my answers now, just need these:

what awards the special?

with the two modes (mean green and score does matter) - do the shots have to be consecutive, ie no other switch hits; can they be stacked with multiballs; can they be stacked with each other; can they be stacked with Save New York?

thanks (and a mention in the sheet) to anyone who helps out by removing the glass and pressing some switches.

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mason, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-questions-for-godzilla-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.