(Topic ID: 215673)

Questions about my NIB AC/DC Luci with missing parts.

By rennervision

12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by Strummy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ACDC (resized).jpg

#1 12 months ago

So my AC/DC Luci VE arrived today, but the excitement sort of wore off when I opened the cashbox to find it completely empty. Which means no pinballs, no power cord, and no bolts to hold the backbox in place.

In light of what looks like some lackadaisical quality control at the Stern factory, I'm questioning a couple of things. First, I was in the middle of installing a shaker motor when I noticed two plugs in my machine that aren't connected to anything. (In my photo I show these circled in red.) Should these be plugged into anything or, by chance, is there some cable(s) missing here? (This is my first Stern so maybe this is normal.)

Also, should the ground wire inside the cabinet run through the area where I'm to install the shaker motor? (Red arrows are pointing to what I mean.) Is it normal to install a shaker motor over this wire?

ACDC (resized).jpg

#2 12 months ago

Need a tilt bob as well? I don't think the ground wire position is a problem as long as it is stapled to the cabinet.

Do those two connectors mate?

#3 12 months ago

The connector circled in red by the bill validator, looks to be for a bill validator.

LTG : )

#4 12 months ago

I don't have one to check. The whiter connector circled in red. Is it for the fire button on the lockdown bar ?

#5 12 months ago

None of those are issues, except of course the missing balls, etc.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#6 12 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Need a tilt bob as well?

You scared me for a second. I think the tilt bob is just above the top arrow in that photo.

#7 12 months ago
Quoted from rennervision:

You scared me for a second. I think the tilt bob is just above the top arrow in that photo.

You have the tilt line but not the weighted bob. Should be in the cash box if it was full

#8 12 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You have the tilt line but not the weighted bob. Should be in the cash box if it was full
Also, should there be a cover on the shaker?

OK - great. More missing stuff.

The shaker I order separately so, yes, it has a cover but I haven't installed it yet.

#9 12 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah. I think they just forgot to put the normal items in the coin box such as the goody bag, balls, and tilt bob.

#10 12 months ago
Quoted from rennervision:

OK - great. More missing stuff.
The shaker I order separately so, yes, it has a cover but I haven't installed it yet.

Is the owner's manual stapled to the inside of the cabinet?

#11 12 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Oh and goodie bag, they should be staples together, right?

Ya I’d the coin box is empty and that’s the only issue no biggie.

#12 12 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes - I did get the owner's manual at least.

#13 12 months ago

Contact your distributor, who should be able to get you your missing parts.

#14 12 months ago

I like to go right to the source if possible. I would call Stern directly and if they won't take care of the issue I'd go through the distributor then. It might be quicker for you that way.

#15 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The connector circled in red by the bill validator, looks to be for a bill validator.

No need for a bill validator, so that shouldn't affect me if that's what it's for, but I'm concerned if the other is for the fire button. Are other AC/DC owners also finding these two cables unplugged?

#16 12 months ago

Sorry double post.

#17 12 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I like to go right to the source if possible. I would call Stern directly and if they won't take care of the issue I'd go through the distributor then. It might be quicker for you that way.

The distributor model is used for issues like this and more. Stern is quicker to answer a distributor than a standard home customer. They will answer sometimes though. However you pay a distributor for a reason, and they give support for free. Why not make them do the leg work you already paid for

#18 12 months ago

damn that sucks.... someone had one too many cold beverages at lunch time. hope it gets resolved easily. i would be pretty pissed off

#19 12 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The distributor model is used for issues like this and more. Stern is quicker to answer a distributor than a standard home customer. They will answer sometimes though. However you pay a distributor for a reason, and they give support for free. Why not make them do the leg work you already paid for

I do have a great distributor. But I remember when I bought my Iron Man vault I had some issues. I must have caught Chaz on a good day because I called the 1-800 number and he took care of things immediately for me

#20 12 months ago

Sterns balls are crap
Consider yourself lucky

#21 12 months ago

I think that you need to look for a new distributor. If you would have bought from me, I would have had the parts in the mail the day you contacted me, and then i would have dealt with stern to replenish my stock, not have the customer wait.

#22 12 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I do have a great distributor. But I remember when I bought my Iron Man vault I had some issues. I must have caught Chaz on a good day because I called the 1-800 number and he took care of things immediately for me

I called when the adapter for my new met pf was needed and some grumpy person took care of me. But it was immediate so that was nice. Otherwise with my peeling art, pf etc I had my distributor take care of all that. Always options which is nice

#23 12 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I called when the adapter for my new met pf was needed and some grumpy person took care of me. But it was immediate so that was nice. Otherwise with my peeling art, pf etc I had my distributor take care of all that. Always options which is nice

Yep. Its like 50/50 when you call. Always nice to have a good distributor to back you up.

#24 12 months ago

I texted my distributor a while back on a Sunday night with mmr issues. He had cgc tech support on the phone with me at 8pm on a Sunday! Awesome service!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
6,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
6,066 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 35.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside