(Topic ID: 298488)

Some old flipper plunger and a coil stop

By JadedHesher

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210811_124353 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

The flipper stopped working on this old DE rockey n bullwinkle at work, i opened it up and found this going on.

I've never seen that, has anyone else ?

20210811_124353 (resized).jpg20210811_124353 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Also, there's no EOS switches ? Does that mean this is an early solid state game ?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from JadedHesher:

Also, there's no EOS switches ? Does that mean this is an early solid state game ?

Data East were the first to come up with Solid State flippers.

The plunger and coil stop have been destroyed from heavy usage! Time to replace them.
    Have you looked at the pinwiki guide for your first pin and how to maintain them?

#4 2 years ago

No I haven't, I'll give it a look !

I actually just filed the plunger and coil stop, cleaned everything and polished the plungers and put it back together with new coil sleeves.

I need to drill the holes bigger on the new coil stops because DE used beefy hardware. Then I'll rebuild them for real !

Thanks for the reply

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from JadedHesher:

No I haven't, I'll give it a look !
    I actually just filed the plunger and coil stop, cleaned everything and polished the plungers and put it back together with new coil sleeves.
    I need to drill the holes bigger on the new coil stops because DE used beefy hardware. Then I'll rebuild them for real !
    Thanks for the reply

I'm confused here. I get filing the coil stop and plunger to get them working again, but you'll need to source new parts for a proper rebuild. You shouldn't have to modify any new parts to make them fit. Buy the proper parts for your game.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DE0692-0493

Also, if the flippers have never been rebuilt, then you'll probably need to go through all of the other mechs to get them to work properly as well. Pop bumpers, slingshots, saucer kickouts, etc. All they typically need is a clean and new coil sleeves. Pop bumpers can/should be rebuilt with new pop bumper bodies, skirts, springs, cleaning switches, etc.

#6 2 years ago

I mean, i could buy coil stops with big holes ... order them and wait, or i could pull a couple from a box of 1000 and just enlarge the holes with my drill while i take a smoke break out back later today

I'll definitely take your advice and go through everything today. I noticed there's a lot of mismatch hardware and parts so i can only imagine what fun adventures await

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-old-flipper-plunger-and-a-coil-stop?hl=jadedhesher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.