(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,639 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Scottopus
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
wcaso (resized).png
AC (resized).jpg
IMG_7148 (resized).JPG
IMG_6907 (resized).JPG
Plated pieces (resized).jpg
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago

Here's one you don't see too often-
ebay.com link: pinball

#50 10 years ago

Yea, the Hit the Deck is a nice art package......
Too bad that is the worst part about that particular game!

#51 10 years ago

There was a Hearts and Spades (AAB of Spin-a-Card) locally that just I missed this spring. Cabinet was pretty messed up, but had a nice glass. Suppose to be a really fun game. Best non-wedgehead-wedgehead!

#58 10 years ago

Here's a couple for you 'cheeseheads'!
Guy must have mixed up his facts a little getting the brands and years wrong, but the prices right!
I have heard good things about both these games and they look decent, worth restoring!
ebay.com link: vintage 1967 Williams SING ALONG pinball non working
ebay.com link: vintage 1958 Gottlieb Kickoff pinball machine football cheerleader non working

2 weeks later
#65 10 years ago

This game has some pretty bad fade, but still a good deal considering the source! This game title seems to be incredibly popular on the EM forum of late-
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra Pinball Machine 1975 Local Pick up 94591 zip code

#74 10 years ago

Couple decent buys here:
ebay.com link: Williams Magic City EM Pinball Machine
ebay.com link: 1969 Williams Seven Up EM Pinball

both cool games I would love to restore, but alas too far away....

#81 10 years ago

Yea, someone played that Drop-a-Card hard!

#84 10 years ago

Hard to believe someone could actually get a good deal on a game via Ebay, but there it is!

#103 10 years ago

Run!, don't walk for this one-
ebay.com link: Magic clock pinball machine

rare and in nice condition for a great price! plus the funky unique cabinet!

#107 10 years ago

right? even comes with a cigarette holder as well! Enjoy! Glad someone local on Pinside got it!

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

neither one has hit the reserve yet... currently 405 on the Atlantis... i'm curious to see what the reserve is on it...
<keeps reminding himself that arkansas is WAY too far to go get a pin>
i always have wondered why people bothered bidding 100 dollars on something like this... it would seem rather pointless...

Atlantis has really over taken HTD, I think it is a more known game and much better gameplay, though that is based on reviews, I've never played it. Cabinet on that one looks pretty worn as well......

#149 10 years ago

Look closely at the inlane guides. Looks like they have been removed at some point, due to missing paint at the base, and were re-installed backwards. The curved part should be up at the elbow for a smoother transition. Yes, it's possible they were put in backwards at the factory, but the missing paint is very suspicious. Still, a great example of the game, but also quoting PinRescue prices smacks of a shopped/restored game......

#153 10 years ago

I would consider this one (though it's a long drive) but the back glass is a big bummer! I need excellent cosmetics for a full restoration.

Quoted from o-din:5 hours left- Williams Seven Up. One player, four flipper, soft drink themed game.
Go Maryland!
Ebay link

#157 10 years ago

Here's the new Seven Up link:
ebay.com link: ws

It is now a good deal for someone close by IMO!

#229 10 years ago

Blonde babes..... = overpriced.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#419 10 years ago

This looks like a nice project for someone with some cab. touch-up/repaint skills.
ebay.com link: GOTTLEIB BOWLING QUEEN pinball machine

1 month later
#687 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Another Gottlieb Paul Bunyan. This time in better condition and it is in Pennsylvania with a 500 BIN price. This won't last long.
Ebay link

I might have given this one a chance, but there is a large chunk of red and part of a woman's face missing on the glass. Too bad, looks like a pretty unique layout with the old school 6 flipper layout! Anyone play one of these before?

1 week later
#845 10 years ago

That Sucks Rat, I hate hearing stories like that. I want to hear stories like the Slick Chick deal. There are several guys like you describe that take advantage of non-collectors who wouldn't know any better. Something looks shiny from a distance and assume it's fully restored. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Lesson for us all.

On a side note, I would buy a Top Card project if anyone has one locally for less than $400. A couple have come and gone this fall. Seems to be going moving right now.

#853 10 years ago

I just bid on it.

Quoted from ccotenj:

that looks pretty nice... i like that, good art, bg animation, etc...

I bet it will go above my 'project price' unfortunately....

1 week later
#945 10 years ago

sorry rat, middle plastic is broken......dooh!

1 week later
#1047 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

1975 Gottlieb Gold Strike AAB
ebay.com link » Gold Strike Pinball Machine

horrible touch ups on the cabinet.......would you pay 2k for this?!

#1100 10 years ago

looks like the Wms triple strike that is in the pic on the edge!

#1114 10 years ago

Yea, rare......could also put that one on the worst BG thread as well......

#1119 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Hokus pokus
Current bid:US $100.00
ebay.com link » Hokus Pokus

cool game, too bad it's 3000 + miles away!

#1155 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Wow! Another Big Daddy up for sale for 400 dollars starting bid! Backglass is shot like a 5 out of 10 but the playfield is a nice 8 out of 10.
ebay.com link » Williams 1963 Big Daddy Pinball Machine

BG resto on that one for sure!!

1 week later
#1238 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

This exchange is very interesting to me. I know rating condition is pretty subjective, but I would think we are all pretty close in our judgement on things like this. My problem is, I don't know where to start. I thought the same thing when I saw that auction and the sellers additional remarks. I thought his rating was way too high based on the pictures he posted. However, I am not sure how I would rate it myself. I'd love to feel confident in my ratings so I can give an honest description to a potential buyer when I list a game of mine. If I started a thread showing pictures of a game and soliciting pinsider ratings based on those pics, would you participate/contribute? I think it could become a great resource for us all. We could build a picture catalog representing games at all condition levels and discuss how we would rate them. Maybe there is something else like it out there, but I haven't found it. A picture guide to proper condition ratings. Playfields, backglasses, cabinets, mechs, etc...
Waddya think?

Great idea, we need a new thread on the forum anyway, and it would be fun to see some beat up games (or not so beat) I find back glass condition to be the most challenging, various kinds of paint lose or discoloration, etc. Do it!!

#1266 10 years ago

Last night I got excited about that C-37 auction, but after looking at the not so good pictures, concluded it does have a couple issues. There is flaking in the girls legs on the BG and a bit of fade there in the blood reds. It's also not a restored game. I expect it will go well beyond what I would be willing to pay. Best part of the game looks like the cabinet, rare to see the purple still pretty bright there.

1 week later
#1323 10 years ago

hmm, would have almost considered that Big Hit.....started looking at it closer. Very faded reds on the somewhat flaky BG, and then the deal breaker was the pic of the front. Notice the very, very rusted leg in that shot. Looks like some poor storage

#1328 10 years ago

Not sure I saw this one posted yet-
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Astro Pinball Machine STAR TREK theme pinball machine
Seems like the seller is very fair with his description. Not sure what his reserve is, though BIN price is $1500, so make your own assumptions based on that.

1 week later
#1413 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Just found another one on Cl.

Where is it?

#1421 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Anyone here buy it? Winning bid:US $299.00 [ 1 bid ]

I offered him $250 cash. I saw a lot of corrosion inside the game and of course the front door, etc. was trashed. Playfield needed some restoration as well. Suppose to be a fun game, I still want to restore one at some point.

3 weeks later
#1624 10 years ago

Geez, the Nip-It looks like it would be worth restoring......someone save that game!

#1636 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Sure Shot pinball machine
BG might be pretty toasted, but the rest looks very good, esp. for the price! Get it guys!!

#1675 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Gottleib Bowling Queen Pinball Machine 1964
This just ended. No bids with a start of $650. Didn't look too bad to me. What's it worth in your opinion?

4-5 hundred tops......

2 weeks later
#1765 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

that one is close... too close to not think about... playfield looks to be very good...
two questions:
1) what do you guys think would be a reasonable number on that?
2) think i could lay my hands on a better bg?

I thought about it too Chris-
Not over priced, but since it wasn't an original cabinet, I decided not my thing. yes, the BG is lifting, esp. near the waitress. Not sure if those are available. $300 would still be decent price for a player's machine IMO.

#1778 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

FYI, probably a re-import (Mondial Entry Plate). Beware of a 50 hertz score motor. They run fast, can be a bit hard to fine tune the bonus collect on a worn game.

huh! Good pick up. The listing does mention it 'having some scoring issues'!

#1815 10 years ago

What?! no love for 'Maverick'?! oh sorry, that's a DMD game, this the EM hang out!

3 weeks later
#2017 9 years ago

How many minor issues can you find on this game for a supposed 300 hour restoration?
ebay.com link: 1975 D GOTTLIEB QUICK DRAW PINBALL MACHINE RESTORED WOW
I realize it's in California, but really?! At this price, it should at least have Wade's field in it!!

#2098 9 years ago

Woe! high tech, with hue adjustment!!

#2122 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But can you fix it?

Space Command.jpg 12 KB

Ha-ha! Spock's tubes all burnt up, and Kirk spent the last of their money on baloney and cheese!!

3 weeks later
#2231 9 years ago

With all the talk about repop Kings and Queens, I'm surprised no one has posted this-
ebay.com link: NEW GOTTLIEB KINGS AND QUEENS PLAYFIELD
Looks like the clear coat might need some help, but looks decent to my untrained eye......

#2262 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Dennis is correct - it is not a turret. A turret rotates.
The Pinball Compendium (yellow cover) is also wrong - they call it a turret shooter.
As Ken said - ball shooter is the best we got unless someone can give us a better name.

Steve Young corrected me the other day too. I called my Big Hit a turret shooter and he said 'center shooter'.

#2265 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The horror!
» YouTube video

One of Brando's later great roles. He almost didn't do it. Many issues with Coppola.

1 week later
#2302 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I still should have bought yours Dave, way back when. Still kicking myself. I wonder if David ended up selling it.

Sadly, I think most of the games from the National Pinball Museum sold at auction this spring.

#2334 9 years ago

That guy with the Rock Star is local to me. I think he's been trying to make a fortune on that game for that past couple years!

1 week later
#2370 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Quick Draw Em Pinball Machine 1970 S
Not too bad!

Except for the cowboy on the glass!

1 week later
#2409 9 years ago

Not a bad deal (esp for Cali!)
ebay.com link: 1973 Gottliebs KING PIN Bowling Game Pinball Machine
Just needs some fresh metal on the front....

#2415 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

shay is doing the BG soon

Did miss something in the ad? The one I linked, that folks are giving positive reviews, looks like a great glass. The reds in the girl's dress, and the title letters are what usually flake on King Pin. Maybe you were just promoting the title in general......?

Quoted from RobT:but that damage on the left side of the cab ruins it for me.

That damage is pretty minor in the bigger picture IMO. Typical leg bolt damage from a game next this one likely. I would still give the cabinet an 8+ or even 9, judging by the other 95% being fully intact.

#2437 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Nice Gottlieb Ice Revue project
$499.00 start bid with no reserve.
ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Ice Revue Pinball Machine One Player
Ken

Good looking back glass, field decent, cabinet looks kinda beat.....

#2464 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

A Super nice Bally On Beam!
Only $450.00 start bid or BIN for $600.00!
BIN seems like a good idea to me if this is one on your wishlist.
ebay.com link » Bally On Beam Pinball Machine
Ken

Mummy men! Amazing how those play fields held up (rest looks kind of high milage)

#2469 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Exactly,
When he says local pick up, but the machine is 250 miles away from the listing and it's in storage? When were the pics taken? Are they of the actually game being sold? And the seller is in neither location? And he can show me the game a week after the auction ends? And he has 0 ratings, even my wife has more than that!
It may be a fake, but I don't see how it would benefit the seller. It just feels fishy to me. Still, I'd like to pick it up.
Also, the "It's in Cape Cod" thing actually sounds a bit familiar to me from another auction a few years back, but I could be mistaken.

Auction just ended at $207.50!

I was going to bid $300, but couldn't pull the trigger at the last minute. Don't need a buyer claim hassle after what DT said....... The back glass looks real good, worth the price alone!

#2471 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well, looked fishy to me but if eBay was going to payout if it was bogus seller why not pull the trigger if you are local to pick it up.
Just my 2 cents.
Ken

Well, local to Piermont, but Cape Cod is 5 hours away!

#2487 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hmmm... that isn't that far...
80spit is a pinsider too... unless that's a different 80spit on ebay....

Nothing against the seller, but that play field has issues.......not a big fan of re-paints either. Still a cool art package. Game play is suppose to be lack-luster......

1 month later
#2664 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Whoa double outlane... that just looks mean.

That's the deal. Real drain monster......

1 week later
#2730 9 years ago

Check out this listing.......If it's for real, a real steal! Looks to be in very good condition. Hard to say if the reds have the usual flaking, but looks great without being back lit. Also gotta love the guy's copy to go with it!
ebay.com link: SKY JUMP PINBALL MACHINE GOTTLIEB WEDGEHEAD

3 weeks later
#2881 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This won't last the day at 1500.
ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Blue Note Pinball Machine

Not sure what the deal with that game is.....he's been trying to sell that for months......
Crossing the border with the game is an issue, but shouldn't be a deal breaker right?
Not exactly collector quality, and this game is really for that market-gotta have it 'cause it's rare.

2 weeks later
#2919 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Lucky Strike

huh?
Do you mean 'Canada Dry'?

#2950 9 years ago

This one really is an EM classic!
ebay.com link: 1958 WILLIAMS GUSHER ELECTRO MECHANICAL EM WOODRAIL FLIPPER PINBALL MACHINE 157
Too bad the backglass has some issues near the top, otherwise, would be worthy of a restoration. has anyone played one? Starting price seems a bit high, only 12 hours to go on this one....

1 week later
#2996 9 years ago

It will be interesting to see what the final bid does for this one.......has the title popularity peaked?
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Atlantis Pinball Machine

#2999 9 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

And may already be sold for an offer I cant refuse. I keep you posted

Wow! That makes my fully restored game with the same condition field/glass worth at least twice that!

#3014 9 years ago

This game title has been in the discussions recently. This one has a very good price and seems like a good candidate for a playfield resto.
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Target Alpha Pinball Machine

4 weeks later
#3110 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I know the seller personally. He's a great guy and deals with pins, jukes, soda machines etc. Buy with confidence from him.

Pete is a good guy....that game would have been gone long ago if it weren't for the missing paint on the backglass.....

#3152 9 years ago

damn double posts.......

#3172 9 years ago

Advancing through the different ports looks fun and challenging. Let us know how you like the gameplay when it is up and running.

1 week later
#3245 9 years ago

Here's one worth watching. Nice backglass and a great player. Just a couple chipped sling plastics.
ebay.com link: Collectors Item Super Spin Pinball Machine

2 weeks later
#3273 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Sometimes hard to predict what titles you'll do well on, and on which you won't

That has been my experience at PHoF. Their games are all over the place. Not just the EMs, solid state as well. Not to knock them, I know they have a ton of games to keep running. Easy for me to tweek a few games just to my specifications....

#3279 9 years ago

Most stuff seems priced pretty high on Fleabay these days, but here's one that could be interesting to watch-
ebay.com link: Nags Williams Pinball Machine 1960 Arcade
Looks to be in pretty good condition (touch ups to front of cabinet in the yellow?). Wonder what the reserve is set at?

#3302 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nags ended at $850. I wonder how much that fetched off e-bay.
ebay.com link » Nags Williams Pinball Machine 1960 Arcade

Saw that,
What makes you think its sold? Wasn't the reserve just not met? I would expect it to be relisted maybe.

#3335 9 years ago

A nice looking game, but really got my attention was the description!
ebay.com link: SKY JUMP PINBALL MACHINE COOL LOOKING GOTTLIEB WEDGEHEAD

4 weeks later
#3525 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

th.jpeg 26 KB</blockquotE
Yea, I think the seller "took too much herb", or dosed the brown acid that was bad, they warned us about......

1 week later
#3573 9 years ago

Add this one to your watch list as well:
ebay.com link: 1975 gottlieb fast draw 4 player pinball machine
seems to be unmolested.

#3574 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

(Hope this does not repeat any recent listings in this thread)
A current eBay roundup:
ebay.com link » 1968 Gottlieb Paul Bunyan Very Cool Hard To Find Game Classic Pinball Fun
ebay.com link » 1973 Gottlieb Jungle King Pinball Machine Excellent Original Williams Bally
ebay.com link » 1966 Gottlieb Central Park Pinball Machine Very Nice Playfield
(these seem to be not that hard to find . . . )
ebay.com link » Ice Revue Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Silver Skates Full Size Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Vagabond Pinball Game By Williams American History Theme
(AAB, 1st. "modern" drop target)

Not to critique all of them, but that Central Park has extensive repaint on the backglass. The Vagabond is a rare game, but the loud wallpaper they used on the cabinet is just sad.

#3586 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Nice... looks worth the asking price to me.
ebay.com link » 1964 Williams Em Heat Wave Pinball Machine Working Clean Reverse Wedgehead

That is a nice restoration! Not to nit pick, but if you go to all that trouble, wouldn't you get the ends on the lock bar re-chromed?

2 weeks later
#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yet another one for sale:
ebay.com link » Vintage 1974 Gottlieb Wedgehead Sky Jump Pinball Machine
Ken

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yet another one for sale:
ebay.com link » Vintage 1974 Gottlieb Wedgehead Sky Jump Pinball Machine
Ken

Looks like a nice backglass, and has the rare extra 2" flipper on the right side for knocking down drop targets.......

3 weeks later
#3694 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Another Bob Borden Special....................oh joy...................
ebay.com link » 1968 Gottlieb Royal Guard Pinball Machine
I guess he no longer includes chrome on his pinball restoration masterpieces.
Ken

This is a great example of why I don't like the new stark white posts/lane guides-next to old yellowed plastics, looks awful. The NOS ones that have been circulating would be a better choice. Also, note the poorly re-painted bulls eye targets. At least clean up your mess!

#3698 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

well, if you want to get picky, those are the incorrect targets anyway; they should be solid colors, not bulls eyes.
And then there's the incorrect flippers, and the bumper skirts in the wrong orientation too. Not to mention the hammer tone paint on the legs, coin door, and coin entry. And reprinted score/instruction cards and the cab touchups.
The white posts don't bother me so much though.

I just looked at one pic of the play field. For some reason, that's usually where I look first when checking out a game. But yes, now that you mention it, those should be all solid color targets there!

1 month later
#3915 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just helped sell a Mini Cycle for a friend a few months back and he got $500 for it.

pics of Docs games 011.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
pics of Docs games 013.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
pics of Docs games 014.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

An honest price for that title, looks like it was in nice shape!

#3919 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

2495 for a planked out P.O.S. playfield. Overpainted slop webbing. Coin door and chute look like crap as well.

Sad thing is, he'll likely get his price from someone who doesn't know any better......

1 week later
#3959 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I recently removed Jacks Open from my buy list after six visits to PHOF last week. Didn't play it much while there. When I did, the experience was... unexpectedly meh.
Not sure what changed. Jacks Open is a crazy fun game in the short-term but for me it didn't last into the medium/long term like so many of my other favorites. *hmmm* need to think on this. Still love the backglass artwork though.
Another PHOF casualty: Jumping Jack. Also booted it from the buy list. Turns out I like King Pin better which was kind of a surprise. Expected it to be the other way around.
A few new B-list games ("maybe buys") got added this trip: Ice Revue and Volley... with Old Chicago and '72 Fireball getting back on the A-list.

Not to diss on Tim, but when I play his games, it makes me realize how much better they can be set up. His are not steep enough for me, flippers can be weak, some games not level, etc, etc. I still go there whenever in Vegas, and try a few titles I may not have played, but mostly play modern games there! I guess what I'm really trying to say is don't dismiss a game just because it wasn't fun at PHoF.

1 week later
#4032 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » 1964 Williams Palooka Pinball Machine Add A Ball Aab Boxing Theme
Don't know what kind of repro backglass it has, but I don't think it's ever been rescreened by Shay or Ron Webb.
Nice otherwise though.

Can't tell from the pic, but looks like it might be a printed scan.

1 week later
#4053 8 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Nice Williams Palooka.
ebay.com link » 1964 Williams Palooka Pinball Machine Add A Ball Boxing Theme

Look closely at that backglass.........

#4067 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I think this is a pretty cool looking pin. Never played one though as far as I remember, but it seems to have all the right stuff for it to be fun.
ebay.com link
Ken

Yea, I love the theme, but that sound board.....and particle board on the cabinet. Take another look and you will see how the paint has crackled on it. Might indicate subtle water damage. (seller does mention rusty coin door)

1 week later
#4086 8 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

apollo bin us$8500 - and to think he knocked back my bid of $1
ebay.com link » Apollo Blast Off Pinball Machine Arcade 1960s

Hmmm, I sold my restored to original condition Blast Off to Leckmeck, for what I thought was a fair price, but now.......

1 month later
#4148 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Could you elaborate ? I was told there are no CPR type replacements for EM playfields . . . ?
(If there were good quality ones, I can think of a couple I'd like to get.)
I'm doing all I can to minimize wear, paint loss, and further planking, which that mainly comes down to continued waxing, and swapping in new (premium) pinballs. But I'm not at all sure that's sufficient. At the same time, I'm rather disinclined to have them cleared and rebuilt, or fitted with a mylar layer, both of which options have some major drawbacks.
It's strange though how some 1970s or 1960s playfields seem to be much more resistant to deterioration than others. (The backglasses, too.) I would seal a bg if it looked advisable, but so far have not had enough need to do this.

Wade is a small pinball artist in California, that caters to classic tables like K &Qs. I have been working with him on getting Gold Strike reproduced and should be along soon!
Planking can be somewhat attributed to how a game is stored. High humidity/water can swell/shrink the top veneer on the play field and cause the paint to crack and eventually 'plank' with further movement and wear. I have found that the rotary cut veneer is much more stable than quarter-sawn flitches of veneer (also Wade's preference). IMO, once planking has started, the game will benefit from minor touch ups and sealing (your choice of several top coats). Also, keeping your games in a climate controlled environment is best.

#4159 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

But that's strictly bg, and not the pf ?

other way around, play fields. Search on the interwebs, you will find info.........

1 month later
#4288 8 years ago

Needs a new monkey also!

3 weeks later
3 months later
#4563 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ice Revue in MA on ebay - no reserve:
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Ice Revue Pinball Machine

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't sold already (advertised here and CL too) Front and right lower side on cabinet are rough, but otherwise, a nice example of a well respected game.

3 weeks later
#4606 8 years ago

Here's one you don't see come up too often. I hear it's suppose to be a good game. Anyone ever play/own one? Looks like the work of Kordek with the swinging target.
ebay.com link: 1957 1961 Williams Add A Ball PInball Machine Rare game

1 month later
#4758 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Seriously though. What is a decent Grand Slam worth?

$5-700? Very fun game actually.

#4765 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Mines nice than his...and I'll be lucky to see $1200
IMG_0216_(resized).JPG

IMG_0218_(resized).JPG

That is very nice. Easy way to tell on this game (and AAb version) is the kick out wear and the rings fade to pink. I had a really nice World Series that was probably the best original condition I have ever had, but still only sold for $850 when finally had to go. The back glass always seem to hold up well on this title, was it a 1972 thing?

#4778 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Well..... That explains it. I don't think I have EVER seen a Grand Slam with the cabinet purple matching the backglass purple. Yours indeed looks extremely nice.

Here's the World Series I mentioned earlier. The guy I picked it up from told me it had sat in the 40' truck trailer for over 20 years. (no climate control in New York!) Sunlight was not an issue. I sold it to 'Cash Riprock' for a very fair price.

DSC02291_(resized).JPGDSC02291_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#4957 7 years ago

Steve young said there are several variations and that's why he hasn't done it already.

3 weeks later
#4973 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

If Steve would just reproduce lockdown bars again he would cash in. I have no idea what the issue is with that. I've asked and just been told, basically , don't hold your breath.

Think it was a quality control issue. Hard to find a supplier that can produce them to proper specifications in stainless for a reasonable price.

4 years later
#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

The tension builds!! TWO DAYS LEFT!
It's up to $1900 (almost).
I say $2500, but the wife believes $3500 could happen.
I hope someone here gets it and details the restoration of the machine. If I had the money on hand at this time, I'd put down $3000.
Canada Dry is a sweet machine with excellent art. It's also rare and expensive in the USA.
LEBONCOIN has a couple for sale in France at this moment for circa 2000 Euros. However--they work, but will cost dearly to ship over, assuming the seller will even deign to help get it shipped.

Less than A-day to go, just over 2000 at this point expect some craziness in the last 24 hours.
ebay.com link: D Gottlieb Co Vintage Canada Dry Pinball Machine As Is

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stashyboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=stashyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.