(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprowess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3600 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Tonight I listed this nice Gottlieb HIT THE DECK on Ebay, but the best deal can be closed in private (pm me). This is one of the last EM wedgehead models produced by Gottlieb. Only 375 units were manufactured making it a rare/low-production game.
Machine is located in Ogden, UT and I can send it within the continental US protected into a wood crate (see last pic) by PILOT for an additional cost (disregard the shipping amount listed by Ebay, actual cost will be less). It can also be shipped internationally at a very low rate.
More pics and details in the Ebay listing:
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Hit The Deck Pinball Machine Nice Rare Wedgehead
Or in the following album:
http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/pinballmania_llc/library/HTD
Robert
1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
3.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
23.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
25.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_1639.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'm not into repainted cabinets myself but I gotta tell ya... that thing looks amazing!

Great work!!

1 month later
#3781 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

ebay.com link » 1958 Williams Gusher Woodrail Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Williams 1960 21 Woodrail Pinball Machine

That Gusher playfield is scarier than Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Masque of the Red Death'.

#3796 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

ebay.com link » 1958 Williams Gusher Woodrail Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Williams 1960 21 Woodrail Pinball Machine

'The Fall of the House of Gusher' hahaha

#3800 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see a pattern developing here.
th-4.jpeg

YOU see a pattern??

1 month later
#4018 8 years ago

At least it makes a good jigsaw puzzle.

1 month later
#4105 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

A few woodrails from the same seller in SC:
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Skill Pool Woodrail Pinball Machine Pool Balls On The Playfield Wow
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Sluggin Champ Woodrail Pinball Machine Wow Hard To Find
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Captain Kidd Woodrail 2 Player Pinball Machine Wow Hard To Find

Pool Balls on the Playfield Wow

Yeah, okay.

Should be... Worn to the wood Playfield Wow

1 month later
#4275 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Cmon guys, it's RARE!

Hmmm... maybe I should consider getting a "rare" game for MY collection.

1 week later
#4315 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

By chance today,
I finally got my Crosstown out of storage,
now just need the strength and courage
to lug it upstairs.

Yes... take Dasvis up on his kind offer, don't take a chance on hurting your back and ruining the rest of your life.

1 week later
#4326 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

2001 with no reserve in Cali
Rough cab, bg pretty good except for the score reel guide rubs, pf looks pretty decent with a little wear down low, sounds like it's playing according to seller
ebay.com link

Man, that IS a rough cabinet. Playfield looks 'fair'... although probably could have done without the post somebody had put between the flippers at one time. And it almost looks like 'one' post hole wasn't enough for them?? Sheesh.... the dumb things people do to these games.

#4337 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Love both these games. And so different to each other.
If I were choosing it would be condition that decided it.....and price of course.

Yeah, me too.

Although, I think if I had to call it... Cross Town would be the clear winner.

Love that game, Grand Canyon between the flippers included!

Well, you know... it's a lot like GiGi, if you don't give it that big nudge (or bump) right at the last second of contact coming off of those rollovers on the sides above the flippers, you're done.

I 'think' that's why some people don't 'like' GiGi. Maybe Cross Town too?

Just my guess... food for thought, anyway.

#4343 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I liked my Crosstown when I had it for a couple of years.
Interestingly enough, Sing Along incorporates the same four top rollovers as Crosstown with the same pass-through gate directly below at the top center of the playfield. It also has the same double rollover side lanes as Crosstown. They both have 4 pop-bumpers but they are spaced slightly differently. The center targets are also different. Sing Along squeezed in 4 horizontal relay kick-out holes in the middle of the pf. Crosstown has two dead bumpers down low where Sing Along has stand-up targets. IMHO Sing Along has the better rule set of the two. Crosstown has the elevator door animation unit (a plus). Same layout in several areas but also many differences........
Both good games to own.

They really are.

I can't imagine being without either one. Sing Along is my favorite Gottlieb wedgehead. But that is primarily due to all of my fond memories of playing it on route when it was bright and shiny new. Although, I think Sing Along stands on its 'own' merit... despite taking into account, of being the sentimental fool that I am.

#4351 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

That clown is creepy. I'm not sure why so many of them look creepy or ugly. Must be the artists.
Bruce

It's called... 'Coulrophobia'.

#4366 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Poor Chicago Coin.................always being blamed.
Ken

CC_Hollywood.jpg

Haha! Good one!!

#4376 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Classic Hollywood was great, but just like almost everything else, it's been totally corrupted. I love watching the old flicks on TCM.

You and me both, jr. It's just nice to watch something without being interrupted with commercials that drive you absolutely insane every five minutes. Not to mention... watching a channel that doesn't have their logo or some other upcoming program or even POP-UPS polluting the screen. BRAVO!! TCM!!!

And when I look at how the women talked and acted and how they interacted with men on those classic movies, it's hard for me not to think... what HAPPENED?!?!

Well, it was just a whole different world. Men acted like men and women acted like women, the gender roles were more clearly defined. Women were 'happy' to be women. Nowadays women want... well, I'm not sure WHAT they want. I think they want a woman in a man's body.

#4408 8 years ago

The legs they came with are 31" and 28 1/2". Is there a standard length for 60's Williams and Gottlieb legs?
Bruce

Williams changed their cabinet style A LOT during the early to mid sixties... I think something like 6 or 7 times but at least 6. But their leg length was usually either 28 1/2 or 31. Not counting legs like Teacher's Pet or Moulin Rouge, which had two different lengths. Or the shelf series, which had a radically different style of leg ( I know, it gets confusing) Not sure of 'that' length but would guess 31 inch.

I can't say for sure because I don't own a shelf game with this particular style of legs.

But judging from the year of 'your' game (Palooka '64) I would think it takes the 28 1/2 inch legs.

That is probably why it seems so tall to you... or too tall.

#4409 8 years ago

Talking to another collector just now, it looks like they transitioned right at the time of 'Big Daddy' which had 31" legs, to when they came out with 'Beat the Clock' which had the 28 1/2" legs.

Not sure about Merry Widow (but this is a 4 player game)

And this was due to them coming out with a deeper cabinet, which required the shorter legs.

#4414 8 years ago

I see from the chart that Williams legs from 1956-1966 were 31"

Absolutely incorrect.

#4415 8 years ago

I'm not guessing at this stuff... I own and have been around these games for a good number of years.

But... suit yourself.

#4421 8 years ago

You boys might as well take advantage of one of the few things I DO know about technical information. Ha!

And if I didn't have all of these sixties Williams hangin' around.... I wouldn't know THAT.

And as far as the length of the legs on shelf games... rather academic as they are so unique I don't think you could even use regular 31" legs or 28 1/2's either because of the way they mount to the cabinet. I guess you could always modify the cabinets and drill holes in the corners... but please don't. What's difficult about these legs is if your game is missing them, they're not easy to find. But someone told me that Marco may be making them now?? If that is true it's good news for people that find themselves in a situation where they are trying to find them.

4 months later
#4638 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So that's what Gilligan was doing before he became first mate on the SS Minnow!

That's funny!

How do you come up with this stuff??

#4645 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Just took one look at the guy driving the hay wagon, and I said to myself "Man, he's a dead ringer for Gilligan!" Looks like he's wearing lipstick as well!

It was sarcasm, jr... sarcasm.

We'll talk about it later.

#4649 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Forgive me if this was covered already. I think I do remember that it was at one time. Old age setting in....

That's okay, jr... I was just givin' you a hard time.

I had mentioned something about it on the IPDB for this game.

Or was it... it's sister Add-a-Ball game? Old age setting in.

#4650 8 years ago

Or verse vicea

1 week later
#4661 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

i would still take it despite that, if it were local,
one of the few EMs still on my short want list.

You can't be serious.

#4668 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not kidding Glen.
NorthStar has been on my want list for long time, love the artwork,
but like you say, I need another pin like another hole in my head.
I did manage to snag a repro BG, just in case.

Yeah, North Star is one of the games I have left in the queue that I need to shop out.

I wish I would have waited and not bought the one I did. The cabinet has long scratches (more like gouges) in it and it is probably going to need a lot of work. I made the common mistake of buying a game from Jack Crook. I was actually supposed to buy a Cross Town that he said was "mint". Him and I must have a different Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary. That turned out to have a badly planked playfield with a post installed between the flippers. I had driven far and was trying to make the long trip worthwhile, so I bought the North Star from him.

Live and learn.

#4708 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Just how plugged in to the pinball scene do you have to be, to know obscure info like this ?!

VGER 'needs' the information!

Sorry... had a weak moment, I'm okay now.

#4727 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Damn hard game to beat, that's for sure!

This is a game I really like... but kicks my butt on a regular basis.

But I have it from a pretty good source, that you can put 1496 coils in the kickers and it makes it a kinder, friendlier game. Now, I haven't tried this myself but the next time the game goes back into the lineup, may do it. But that's going to be a last resort and only 'after' I put some of the bigger post rubbers on, loosen up the tilt as much as I think is suitable... and just try to become better at the game. But if that don't cut it... on they go!

4 weeks later
#4839 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think you mean GP. Or maybe M...

hee hee

Hey, I only went off the deep end because it was a 'Spot Bowler'... in CQ condition!

And I'd do it again for a CQ 'Daisy May'... if somebody come ON! hahaha

#4840 8 years ago

Perky... not so much.

2 weeks later
#4872 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Thanks
Since it comes from the EU
i should probably go for the foil?,
to save on shipping and get here in one piece.
As you know i need one of these,
for my spare "not so eager beaver".

Planning a trip to the Netherlands?

#4882 8 years ago

It might be different if the game was in 'mint' condition... but I'd hardly call it 'that'.

Ugly cabinet paint, flipper drag on the playfield...

Backglass looks to be in good shape though... and it IS a great Stenholm glass.

But is it really that 'good' of a game??

Sure doesn't look like it... but I can't really say for sure, as I've never played this title.

And I know sometimes games can fool you.

#4886 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes it is better not to hype up a machine until you have one.

Yes... unfortunately, I learned the hard way on that one.

#4891 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It 's starting to look like if there is ever going to be an Eager Beaver in my future, I'm going to have to pay with diamonds and pearls.

Noooo... I think if you are patient, you'll be able to find a nice example.

Will keep my eyes and ears open, give you a heads-up if I get a line on one.

#4894 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Yes, don't be such an Eager Beaver,

That's funny!

#4896 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

As long as you don't lose your raspberry beret...ya know....the kind you find in a second hand store.

Yeah... hand truck that Eager Beaver... in through the out door.

1 month later
#4993 7 years ago

How is it, that 'every' time these people list a game... it always goes for crazy money??

Something is rotten in Denmark.

#4994 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Me
Not
Incredibly rare game though. Could end up in Paris looking at the listing.

Yeah... this game and its repainted cabinet 'needs' to go to Raphael in France.

With the 'rest' of the games he ruined.

#5000 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Hasn't she graduated yet?

She's decided to become a professional student.

(money's just too good to pass up)

#5005 7 years ago

I, for one would like to see all these woodrails.... all this Americana, stay right here in the U.S.

But at least we still have some wonderful collections here like Richard Lawnhurst's (probably the nicest in the world). Now THERE'S a collection that needs to stay in the states and go into a museum here. Also hoping the Pacific Pinball Museum will finally find a suitable building that can house all the woodrails that Gordon Hasse donated and all the other ones they have amassed. Other fine collections are here if you know where to look.

But even more so, I'm glad there are people who keep the love of these EM's alive. Going to the shows and looking around, I don't think there is too much danger of the interest in solid-states dying out. That's not what my eyes are telling me anyway. And nothing better when dyed in the wool, solid-state people come around to the EM's.

1 week later
#5019 7 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Amazing prices not limited just to their woodrails. A Gottlieb coin box went for over $200. this morning ! It might not have been in quite as nice a condition, but I bought one of these for 1/4 of that price not very long ago -- including the shipping.

$200.00 dollars?!?!

Hope it had $175.00 dollars in coins still inside it.

#5021 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Picture taking is still an elusive skill for some folks
ebay.com link » 1961 Gottlieb Show Boat Pinball Machine

Probably just as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprowess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=pinballprowess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.