(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ferrari's are maintenance nightmares, but a blast to drive!

To your first point.....I wouldn't know

BUT!!!!

To your second point!!.....I wouldn't know either

I'll keep driving my 69 Chevy CST10 so every other vehicle I drive feels like a Ferrari by comparison.

I have had a little of each of the big three manufacturer's Late 60's to late 70's EM pins. Of the three, I like the Gottlieb games if for no other reason, the sound.

To me, the Williams schematics and documentation is more thorough than the other two.

I like the Bally switch stacks on the motors and reset banks with the plastic ladder type spacer. Seems more robust than the barrel type spacers between switches in Williams and Gottlieb switch stacks.

The games all were/are fun to play, but I lean toward Gottlieb Wedge Heads for some reason, then Bally, then Williams. I have owned none of the other brands but I'm very open to it. The opportunity just hasn't been there yet.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Cripes, this thread. Jeep is better than Chicago Coin, Williams Grand Prix gets bad gas mileage, and 2" windshield wipers are difficult and annoying compared to 3" but they can be fun if it's a zipper-wiper machine.

Imagine how clean your windshield would be if we were talking about Humpty Dumpty!

3 weeks later
#62 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Am I a hoarder if I start storing machines under other machines?
Alex

No, but what a pain to move things around for service! I vote you send your extra games to me. I will store and maintain them for free!

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

If you lived closer I'd be cool with that plan.
Alex

Good to know!

3 weeks later
#90 10 years ago

congrats! Get ready for a whole new level of pinball addiction!!

#93 10 years ago

Maybe you'll get lucky and the schematics and manual will come with the game. Learning schematics makes EM repair so much easier.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And no shortage of EM classics on either coast.

There seems to be a huge shortage here on the Missouri River Coast!! Unless you think an Old Chicago is worth $2600......at a pawn shop.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least you have your health!

My health isn't that fun to play with.

Just sayin'

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes I do both at the same time.

Some of us are more talented than others, I guess....

1 week later
#226 10 years ago

O-din. Play some more C-37. I think it deserves another try. I find it very challenging and fun. But then, so is tossing popcorn up in the air and catching it in my mouth. Maybe I am too easily entertained?

I'd sell mine in a heartbeat for $2k and it is in MUCH better condition than the one on that auction.

1 week later
#280 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ummm... no...
Ebay link
i especially like the strategically placed scorecard to hide likely flipper wear and the partially painted siderails...
another junk picker who thinks he found something valuable, judging from the other items he has listed and his previous completed sales...
edit: fixed link...

That looks like a fun game! The seller obviously has not done his homework, stating that the game was made in the 50's. That and the price he is asking......WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! I didn't notice all the character added to the side rails!. Nevermind, I'd pay $3000 without a second thought....."SLAP" Nevermind again, wife asked me not to buy it.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

upon reflection, i shouldn't have been so cruel in my assessment of the seller... that was uncalled for on my part... i took my crappy mood out on some poor anonymous soul, and that wasn't fair...
i'll edit that part out...

Classy move, but I didn't think what you posted was too harsh. Much less crappy than the seller taking advantage of some gullible buyer at that price. That's scumbaggy if you ask me. (spell check doesn't like scumbaggy but I'm pretty sure it's a real word)

It does look like a fun game though. If it were working of course. I like how it seems to be a combination of pinball and pitch-and-bat. I think I'll keep my eyes open for this title.

#286 10 years ago

I wonder why the odd start price? Only a six hour round trip for me. I think I better not though. I just passed my budget with ACD on Sunday. I need to sell a couple now. Golden arrow and Black Knight will be up for sale soon. Started shopping GA tonight. It is a lot nicer than I originally thought. Should turn out very nice. BK after that.

3 weeks later
#409 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just trying to collect all games.

Like the new avatar o-din. "I Know Nusink!"

That Joker Poker looks a little rougher than yours. For 2k I think I'll pass!

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

driving to Escondildo.

I think your spellcheck missed something!

#444 10 years ago

Missed you Ken.

NO PINBALL TILL SPRING!!!!!!

72920-inconceivable-gif-Princess-Bri-Z2Av.gif72920-inconceivable-gif-Princess-Bri-Z2Av.gif

3 weeks later
#571 10 years ago

I had already started the adoption paperwork and now I find out you would prefer to be brother to a couple of steelers??!! I'm hurt Chris. Very hurt.

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I am not a vulture

That's not what I heard!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#670 10 years ago

New neighbors!!!

#690 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Another Gottlieb Paul Bunyan. This time in better condition and it is in Pennsylvania with a 500 BIN price. This won't last long.
Ebay link

Just listened to the interview Clay Harrel did with Wayne Neyens. Wayne said Paul Bunyan was the worst game he ever designed. It is what drove his decision to quit designing. I bet he would like to see that there are some fans of even his self proclaimed worst work.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

They way it's written isn't overly obvious. I had to look at it a few times before I got the gist of what was actually for sale. It will be interesting to see the bidding anyway. Hopefully some potentially disappointed buyer doesn't think he is buying a nice Slick Chick.

The title does mislead a bit, but the description of the item for sale is pretty clear.

#705 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Unless you're impatient, hyper, and spastic like me.......

Well, not all of us can be so cool!

#710 10 years ago

Weren't sonics built with mostly Williams parts?

#765 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Be careful with the Retro KOD Chris.The Playfield Overlay has been a problem with that machine.
Ken

I have played one locally and just like Ken said, the playfield overlay was a problem. Puckered up so badly that the ball would get hung up in a couple of the rollover lanes. Very frustrating as you would have to practically tilt the game to release the ball. Also really didnt like the score reels' silence! It really made me want an original instead.

#788 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then let's just let this all get buried in the thread, and you keep your eyes on it, and maybe you will end up with a hell of a deal.

My eyes are on it too!!! Thanks ken!

Chris, if you get it, I'm moving in next door. I'll bring my C-37 with and we can just trade games for a while.

#789 10 years ago

I won't bid you up Chris, but I am gonna bid on it. Not sure how eBay disguises the usernames in the bidding section but if it is first initial***********last initial then mine will look like this d******1

#790 10 years ago

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

ebay.com link: ebay.com

1 week later
#899 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This one will not last long....
A 1971 Gottlieb 2001 in very very very nice condition for 1100 dollar buy it now.. If I had the money this would be mine.
Ebay link

Looks nice. Perfect backglass.

#908 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Are you foreshadowing Sterns next pin?

The Waterhorse?

#911 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, it had more to do with being stuck in an automobile for hours on end.
» YouTube video

Ahhhhh!!! So you think Stern is going to do a remake of Surfer or Surf Champ? Now I get it!

1 week later
#997 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hey guys... anything good popping up? turned a long weekend in maine into a really long weekend and am paying for it this week...

What, no internet in Maine? Welcome back!

#1002 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Very, very nice 76 Gottlieb Volley located in Omaha, Nebraska.
ebay.com link » 1976 Gottlieb Volley Pinball Machine Near Collectors Quality Nice

Not that nice!

Very short drive for me, but the price knocks me out of the running.

#1022 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have played both and IMO sinbad is a much better player, but the rare collectors do not care. they collect rare games not fun games

Other than two players vs four, what is the difference between an EM Sinbad and EM Eye of The Tiger?

#1026 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i was compairing the SS sinbad to the eye of tiger and the 4 player sinbad
the SS version does not have the double bonus and the lag the em versions have
it is just like joker poker, the SS version is a better player.Not that the em versions are not fun just they play better. the em versions of all the crossover machines were only being made because gottlieb resisted the ss era and never recovered

Ah. Clear now. Thanks.

#1028 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's baaack! Fireball in New Jersey.
ebay.com link » Bally Fireball Pinball 1972

$1275 and reserve is not met.

#1062 10 years ago

I bet it was an ash try or cup holder or something like that.

#1063 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if we tell you, we'll have to kill you...
although those are in a strange place... one of my machines has holes along the bottom edge of the cabinet towards the front that appear that they were put there to install a "fencing" inside the machine to protect the cash box, but the ones on that one wouldn't be in the right spot for that...
odd.... maybe it IS one of those things that you are better off not knowing...

Welcome back Chris! Now that I know you like to disappear for random amounts of time, I didn't worry so much. I do notice when you are gone though.

#1067 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

(yes, that magic city is still taken apart )

You are going to forget how it came apart if you let it go much longer.

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Are those really holes, or just cigarette burns? Could be holes, but I can't quite tell. There seem to be several of them, but with varying degrees of progress.

I have a Paragon with random "burn" holes inthe cabinet. Probably cigarette, but some look more like someone got bored with a soldering iron and decided to see how long it would take to push a hole through the cabinet.

#1085 10 years ago

Glad you have wandered back. Hope you didn't bring home any fleas!

#1093 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

no fleas, but i did leave a few dead rodents on the steps for you...

I'd say "that's why I'm a dog person" but who knows what that would start???

1 week later
#1136 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rich in spirit, but poor in wallet. Which means my wallet disappeared at work this afternoon. It had to have fallen out into one of the cars I smogged late in the day, because I had it when I went next door to get some Reeses. I usually put it in my truck, but there were people there. So we don't get phone #s, only addresses. I just spent the whole evening driving from here to hell and gone knocking on doors and leaving notes. I can't believe how far some people go to get their car tested. They must like us. But no wallet. Yet.

O-din that sucks! Good luck, I know the sick feeling you must have! My wife just spent half of yesterday trying to track down a missing debit card. It was in my pocket the whole time. Oooops!

She was less than happy with me.......

#1139 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

O-din, Your wallet (new or old) will be rich with excitement a few days after xmas. *hint hint* and my collection will be +1 *doing the giddy giddy dance*
Santa couldn't fit this one in his sleigh. So it will show up sometime early January.

What are you buying from him Rat?

#1141 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey they are getting closer to Wi. Maybe one day I will be a member of the Big Daddy club.
ebay.com link

It is a pretty elite club full of people much better than anyone else. Do you think you will fit in? I know I do!!

1 week later
#1206 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will leep my eye on it, And then see about what else he might want to get rid of. I am closer.

Get me that Fireball o-din!!

#1208 10 years ago

Fair Enough! Even cooler actually because I have some friends from Germany visiting this summer. LETS GET THIS DONE!

#1213 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

This game was on ebay last week and the reserve didn't get met.
ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Buckaroo Pinball Machine Super Nice Shopped 100 Working Perfect
"I will credit winning bidder $300 off of shipping charges"

Definitely not worth the $2100+ Buy It Now.

What do you guys think a realistic price is for that game in that condition? $500?

#1216 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Definitely North of $500.

Quoted from AlexF:

Boston Pinball lists average for Buckaroo at $1801 with a low of $500 and high of $4100.

Guess I won't be getting me a Buckaroo!

#1218 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Never say never. I picked up my Cow Poke in a snowstorm about 5 years ago for $500. It had seed corn in it, the back glass was shot and the cabinet was scabby (cabinet is still scabby). I didn't even negotiate as I knew he had others interested. I felt like I stole it at the time as I knew without braving the climate I wouldn't have gotten it.
When you're resourceful and handy (like I know you are) it opens up the door to owning a lot of great titles.

Guess I might be getting me a Buckaroo!!

#1237 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

WTF moment. This guy considers this machine a 8 or a 9 out of 10. *big eye roll*
ebay.com link » 4 Square Pinball Machine By Gottlieb 1971

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

4 or 5 out of 10.

This exchange is very interesting to me. I know rating condition is pretty subjective, but I would think we are all pretty close in our judgement on things like this. My problem is, I don't know where to start. I thought the same thing when I saw that auction and the sellers additional remarks. I thought his rating was way too high based on the pictures he posted. However, I am not sure how I would rate it myself. I'd love to feel confident in my ratings so I can give an honest description to a potential buyer when I list a game of mine. If I started a thread showing pictures of a game and soliciting pinsider ratings based on those pics, would you participate/contribute? I think it could become a great resource for us all. We could build a picture catalog representing games at all condition levels and discuss how we would rate them. Maybe there is something else like it out there, but I haven't found it. A picture guide to proper condition ratings. Playfields, backglasses, cabinets, mechs, etc...

Waddya think?

#1240 10 years ago

cool! I have lots of pics of a pretty bad Sweet Sioux. I'll start a thread with those!

Picture Guide to Condition Ratings (Your Input Please!)

^^^^^^ Hows that for a title?

#1242 10 years ago

Ill start it up soon. This will be a great educational experience for me. I can fix them and clean them up real shiny, but I feel like a complete noob when it comes to judging condition. I know what I like and am willing to tackle but that does not necessarily paint an accurate picture for someone else.

#1250 10 years ago

I love all the discussion already about the Rating Guide.

I have started a new thread. Lets move this discussion over there. Please help make this the useful tool I hope it can be!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-guide-to-condition-ratings-your-input-please#post-1362578

#1267 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Gottlieb C-37 Currently $100.00, 1 Bid, with no reserve.
ebay.com link » 1977 Centigrade 37 By Gottlieb
Ken

I'm watching that auction too (at $325 now). The flaking in the girls legs on the BG means that her flesh tones are probably flaking too. You can see some evidence of it in the BG photo. The other girl has some flaking in her legs too but not as severe.

There are three pics that show the playfield wear in the center. One directly and the two showing paperwork. I thought it was a smudge on the glass until I looked at it in the other photos. They are all from different angles, but the "smudge" shows up in the exact same place. There is definite playfield wear and a lot more than I would be happy with. There is also wear below the center pop bumper. The cabinet paint looks nice though. Very bright yellows and purples.

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hey Pafasa...How would you rate the backglass on this one?
ebay.com link » Tropic Isle Vintage Pin Ball Machine
The good news is Ron and Nancy Webb have 3 back glasses left at 265 each.
http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

Given the well done grey "touch-up" I would give this backglass a solid .5!

Maybe

#1311 10 years ago

I haven't seen the Sing Along partout on eBay but I see this kind of thing all the time with Early SS games. And usually the prices are ridiculous and the descriptions are poor.

This eBay seller pisses me off....He puts stuff like this up all the time.

ebay.com link: black knight 2000 williams pinball TOP PLAYFLIED PART plastic 61 16

#1339 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Way too close for me.... So, I'm a biddin'......

Good Luck!

#1351 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Bally Wizard. Nice project and priced right. $375.00 start bid or $475.00 BIN. Perfect Backglass.
Someone better buy it or it may turn into a parts machine (read listing)
ebay.com link » Wizard Em Pinball Machine Project Machine With Perfect Backglass Needs Work
Ken

Arghhh!!!! I would jump on that in a heartbeat if it weren't 1000+ miles from me. 250 miles one way is my limit.

#1354 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This Wizard needs saving too:
" target="_blank">up.craigslist.org link
(I know, I know, thread-jumping here...)

Definitely closer to you Garret

1 week later
#1463 10 years ago

"This is probably the only one left on the planet earth!"

We should all pool our funds and invest in this machine! Better investment than gold!!

Notice the rust pitting on the lockdown receiver? I did.

#1471 10 years ago
Quoted from smellytongues:

The price was just lowered to $450 on this Abra Ca Dabra. I want it but it's just too far from me and my wife said she would kill me if I drove down to get it.
ebay.com link » Abra Ca Dabra Pinball Machine Nice
Someone should snag it.

Where is it? I can't tell from the auction.

3 weeks later
#1653 10 years ago

I would love to get that! 4-player Klondike! The drive kills it for me.

#1666 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

ebay.com link
Gottlieb Sweet Hearts
Any comments on the condition / value. Never owned a Gottlieb before.

I can't tell you much about value, but condition looks very good! The flipper coils are replacements. The rest of the game looks original but I think there may be some paint touchup on the front panel of the head. The playfield looks great but I question the led(s) in the three lower inserts. They are a pain to get to however, so I guess I can see that as a good excuse. The backglass looks really nice only a couple obvious flaws.

If the game plays at all like the one I am restoring, it is a blast! I never thought I would enjoy a game from this era as much as I do. I really like the challenge of gameplay on this one. Lots of fun!

#1670 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Pafasa,
Great to hear from you again, August 15th I crashed my Harley and didn't get out of hospital until November 23rd. Have no idea if your friend ever tried to contact me or not.

Wow. What a long time in the hospital. Hope you are back to 100% now.

Would you like me to get in touch with her again? Do you still want to go forward with that project?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.