(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

429 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jrpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1292 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Great project!
Williams Moulin Rouge. $100.00 start bid and no reserve!
ebay.com link » Williams 1965 Moulin Rouge Pinball Machine
SteveFury should get this one.
Ken

I hope someone grabs this game and saves it. The glass is now available. A very underrated game. Wonderful player and nice Art Stenholm art. I have three of them. I picked one up a while back from a garage in coastal NJ.
It was a Hurricane Sandy survivor. The owner said the water came well up the legs, but didn't reach the cabinet!

#1294 10 years ago

The three I have are in varying states of condition. All BGs are acceptable, but I may get a repro glass for the eventual "A" copy. They are notorious for wear around the kick-out holes and the landing spot on the "canvas" area.
They come with either white or purple on the frame surrounding the backglass. Both are correct.
I had another one years ago which I sold. The guy who bought it eventually got a better playfield for it, and as far as I know, he still has the game. I don't think I can fit one in the overhead bin, otherwise I'd bring it out to ya!

1 week later
#1344 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Short drive to Tennessee from your end Vic......

Take it from me; Vic isn't one for road trips!

#1353 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Nice Lord Chesterfield Avatar Joe...

I picked up a case of LCA in cans on a recent trip to PA. not far from Merchant's Square where they used to have the Allentown show. It's way better in cans. Of course I pour it into a chilled glass before enjoying it. A little known fact; the founder of the Yuengling brewery was named David Gottlieb Yuengling! Yes, for real! That's why we call it the "pinball beer"!

#1378 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

If the seller just throws in some paint for the playfield , its a steal.

Other than the playfield, it's not bad. I think there's at least one of those Clay repro PFs floating around.
There was a complete head only for a "Mermaid" at the Allentown show a few years back. Ed D had it and wanted
quite a bit of coin for it, but in retrospect I wish I had grabbed it.

#1400 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Poor, poor camo Sing Along. But hey look at the starting price and from what I can tell the play field looks decent.

Why couldn't that dumbass in Alabama find this one instead of the one he parted out?

#1403 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Except the seller links Pin rescue web link photos. Description > " Not much needed and they sold it for 2,750$$ so if u are looking to resell this is a great price "

Some people are very imaginative when it comes to scamming!

#1408 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Top card is a popular one lately, great player thats priced right but we shall see how high the bids go

"Top Card" has been coming out of the woodwork lately!

#1411 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Just found another one on Cl.

Is that the one with the Williams "El Toro" too?

#1468 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Square Head - high end restoration.

ebay.com link » D Gottlieb Company 1963 Square Head Pinball Museum Quality Restoration

Seller claims over $4000 in parts in this game

And get this; "Truly A One of A Kind Only 975 were ever made !" HUH???? Can anyone say "oxymoron"?

#1505 10 years ago

If that "HB" were nearby, I'd sure go check it out. That's a highly desirable woodie.

#1519 10 years ago

Gottlieb "Diamond Jack". Not mentioned, but it looks to be a repro backglass.
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Diamond Jack Pinball Machine

#1520 10 years ago

Same seller has these as well. "Ice Revue" and "Tropic Isle" backglasses look to be original.
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Ice Revue Pinball Machine
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Tropic Isle Pinball Machine

#1530 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Not mine, but why do you think its a repro? I see some foam block damage/fading in the knee of the lady on the Piano. What caught your eye to think its not an original?

The mark on the lady's knee may be glare. There is absolutely no flaking anywhere on the glass which is very uncommon for an original and the skin tones are somewhat pinkish as on the repro. I've had both original and repro "DJ" glasses, and this one just looks like a repro to me.

#1534 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Okay. Just curious what you were seeing and I was missing.

Pretty sure it's a repro. I may be wrong and if so, it's a damn nice original. I don't think I've ever seen an essentially perfect "DJ" original backglass and I've seen many.

1 week later
#1601 10 years ago

That's not the correct lightbox for "Royal Guard". I'd like to see the side art. From the front, it's like a "Kings&Queens" box, or possibly "Mini Pool"/ "Target Pool".

#1602 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

3 Pinball machines at one Price! $199.95 Start Bid with no reserve!

All 3 are big projects.

I hope someone grabs these and saves them from the trash heap.

#1617 10 years ago

That's a cool game, but has to have the worst plastic lightshields ever!

#1632 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottleib BOWLING QUEEN Pinball Machine 1964

Decent looking "Bowling Queen" in Wharton, NJ. From what the photos show, the backglass looks a lot better than what he's rating it at. Hey, "intopinball", sounds like it needs your love and it's very local!

#1634 10 years ago

Tell bro' to go and scoop up that "BQ"!

#1665 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I think for $795.00 BIN is a steal for the condition it is in

1951 Genco Stop N Go!

Makes me want to take a drive to Utah!

ebay.com link » 1951 Genco Stop N Go Pinball Machine

I never heard of this game before and felt the same way when I saw the photos. A bit too far away, but man that game is schweeeeet!!!

#1673 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Here's something you do not see everyday.................
ebay.com link » 1973 Playmatic Magic Extremely Rare Pinball Machine Arcade Collectible Works 1p
Ken

I remember seeing this game on location back in the '70s.

#1674 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottleib BOWLING QUEEN Pinball Machine 1964

This just ended. No bids with a start of $650. Didn't look too bad to me. What's it worth in your opinion?

#1677 10 years ago

Yeah, I was thinking about $450 myself.

#1678 10 years ago

ebay.com link: 3 Gottllieb EM pinballs Cross Town World Fair Showboat PARTS PROJECTS

Sheesh! This trio has been through the mill! Not really a bad playfield on the "Show Boat" though.

#1679 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Flip A Card Pinball Machine

This one's doable. A little overpriced though. Nice original backglass.

#1685 10 years ago

ebay.com link: GOTTLIEB CORRAL PINBALL MACHINE 1961 WEDGEHEAD

Saw the video. Except for the totally trashed backglass, it's pretty nice. Unfortunately it's overpriced by about $2800.
Notice the SS pin next to it. Sans backglass as well.

#1686 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Except for the totally trashed backglass, it's pretty nice.

Ugh! Just examined the photos a little closer and the top of the playfield is pretty rough. Make that about $2950 overpriced!

#1697 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

2 Bally Grand Tour Pinball Machines for 1 price!
.99 start bid / no reserve!
ebay.com link » 2 Bally Grand Tour Pinball Machines
Ken

Termite damage! Keep it out of my stable!

#1698 10 years ago

ebay.com link: 1964 Williams WING DING pinball machine Zig Zag animated backglass

Not a bad "Wing Ding" here. OK, OK, yeah I know. Lots of pink and yellow; not unlike "C-37*". Cool game nonetheless, plus AAB, animation, and decent asking price. If it were closer, I'd grab it!

#1699 10 years ago

Decent "Sing Along" here. No camo paint job on this one!

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Sing A Long Pinball Machine

#1700 10 years ago

And another "Sing Along"! They're out there!

ebay.com link: 1967 Sing Along Pinball Machine

#1704 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

one of the best 2" flipper games IMO

"Sing Along" and "KOD" are two games that if not for being made in somewhat plentiful numbers, would be two of the most sought after wedgies ever. Even so, they are right up there!

#1711 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Sing Along comes up on Texas CL along with Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Arkansas like roaches. I still can't believe that one guy parted his out and put it all over ebay. *sigh* Two other titles we see a lot of are Bank A Ball and Grand Slam

Yeah, and that same imbecile has now imparted the coup de gras on a once fully assembled, shopped, working and very nice condition Bally "Hay Ride". He has now completely stripped all the components and is trying to sell them individually on eBay. Like he's going to sell the extra ball count unit for that game! I wanted to buy the entire game when it was complete, but was put off by the shipping cost. Now he has completely butchered the game. Dumbass!

#1712 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

my sing along has a mint bg most of the ones i have seen have paint loss, not sure if it will ever get reproduced....

Ron Webb reproduced the "Sing Along" backglass years ago. I don't know if any are still available though.

#1714 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I did not know he did that one, it must of been really early on.

Maybe six-eight years ago or so.

#1715 10 years ago

Certainly not "nice looking"! This seller is quite the character. Yup, the backglass should come back nicely with a little shot of Triple Thick!

ebay.com link: Gottlieb electro mechanical EM Showboat wedgehead pinball novelty PROJECT

#1716 10 years ago

Three for one money. The "FC" looks nice! Not "Jungle King" though; it's "Wild Life".

ebay.com link: 3 Gottlieb Pinballs Flying Carpet Outerspace and Jungle King Pinball Machines

#1726 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

If I were local I would pay the guy the $300.00 and run home with this baby!
It's a 2 player but the Playfield is as close to mint as you will find for a 50+ year old machine! The machine is in overall great shape as well. Looks like it just needs repainting on the front by the Coin Door as it is solid white. Good reviews on IPDB too.
Born the same year as me ...1962 Gottlieb Preview.
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Preview Pinball Machine Looks And Plays Great
Ken

It's a horrible game though!

#1727 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Sweet mother of pearl. This is a very nice Hurdy Gurdy
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Hurdy Gurdy Pinball Machine

"I envy the person who wins this and fixes the electrical issue. I have too many projects."

Sounds like someone else's headache. No photos of cabinet, and he rates it a "5". Not really a good deal even at his opening price. Forget the BIN.

#1738 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

same seller has a machine listed on cl (in various places, no less, this is a kansas city listing) for an equally "interesting" price... this was posted on the cl thread...
kansascity.craigslist.org link

Isn't this the same guy who had a Gottlieb "Square Head" for sale at an outrageous price? He said he put $4000 of parts into it or something equally ridiculous?

#1744 10 years ago

I checked out his website. He's got some nice stuff. I didn't see prices listed anywhere though. He has some youtube videos as well. Check out his "Atlantis" restoration. I guess he's no different than some others here on the east coast who offer similar items, other than the fact that his asking prices are truly stratospheric! I know of others here who buy nice games from collectors, then turn around and not only triple the price, but claim that the restoration was done by them rather than the person they bought the game from. You never know who he might reel in; someone with lots of disposable cash and no concept of what a pinball machine is supposed to cost. I guess that's what he's hoping for.
He probably wants a cool 8k or so for this SS "JP". http://pinballpickers.com/pinballmachines/joker/home.html

#1745 10 years ago

Apparently his name is John Tennler. Google his name. He's got a lot going on with photography, video production, etc. I guess he just dabbles in pinball!

#1766 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I thought about it too Chris-
Not over priced, but since it wasn't an original cabinet, I decided not my thing. yes, the BG is lifting, esp. near the waitress. Not sure if those are available. $300 would still be decent price for a player's machine IMO.

The backglass was repro'd by Ron Webb, but not sure if any are still available. The right side of the cabinet looks original and not too bad really. It's a good project game for sure and $300 sounds about right. Challenging game as well. I love mine.

#1775 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

ORIGINAL 1958 Williams Gusher pinball Machine - RAREST Machine EVER!!!
ebay.com link » Original 1958 Williams Gusher Pinball Machine Rarest Machine Ever

This guy is funny! "Rarest machine EVER!" "Reserve set at LESS then the cost to replace the front Glass!"
That's one expensive glass! If they did a poll on the most overused word on eBay, especially when it comes to pinball machines, I'm sure the hands down winner would be "rare"!

#1780 10 years ago

Nice "Dodge City" just posted.
ebay.com link: 1965 Gottlieb Pinball Machine

#1801 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yep, that's the only Chicago Coin wedge head. There are a bunch of Spanish ones. I'd love to get a room full of them and then invite some of the Gottlieb boys over to play my wedge head collection.

I once owned a Spanish wedgehead called Maresa "Dakota". It was a single player version of "Sheriff"/"Lawman" in Spanish. It had a lift up playfield glass like some '70s Ballys had. Sold it to a guy who wanted every version of that game for some reason.

#1804 10 years ago

From what I recall, the gameplay was more like "Sheriff" and "Lawman". I have owned both of those games. The playfield layout is like "Atlantis" as you know, but the main difference is the horseshoe rollaround which accumulates bonus points awarded when each ball leaves the playfield.

#1809 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

So I assume that "Dakota" will have a carry over from ball to ball where "Lawman" does not?
Ken

No. The bonus is counted out after each ball played and the horseshoe resets to the starting position each time a new ball is served into the shooter lane.

#1811 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Thanks guys.
Now I know that If I had my choice between Lawman and Dakoka I would go with Dakota but would still want an Atlantis over both.
Ken

The gameplay on "Dakota" was a little funky compared to it's Gottlieb counterparts. It seemed to be very difficult to keep the ball in play for any length of time. Because of the 50 HZ motor, the score reels were faster. The whole game seemed to play very fast and it was not much fun compared to "Lawman" and "Sheriff". I didn't have the game for long. It was missing the playfield glass when I got it but the frame was still there. It was a metric sized glass, so I replaced it with one that was quite thick. The game was unusually quiet after I installed the glass. It just had an odd feel to it. I wish I would have taken some video of it, but I don't think I did.

#1826 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Be interested in NS gameplay reports.

You mean "North Star"? One of the very best imho! Very challenging and addictive. Tough to make the special light (all rollovers made), but once you do, it's a knockfest! I think the art is superb. Wish they made an add a ball version ("Pole Star"?). Tough to find one with no kickout hole landing area wear and have not seen very many with a nice cabinet for some reason. I know someone who has probably the nicest one on the planet. He won't part with it though.

#1828 10 years ago

There's a little bit of controversy about who did the backglass. While it's generally credited to Roy Parker, some think that it may be Art Stenholm's work. Their styles are very similar (look at Williams "Eager Beaver" and tell me that isn't a Parker backglass; it isn't) and so it's difficult to make a definite identification. There are many elements that point toward Stenholm; the guitar for one (very similar to guitars on "Domino" and "Flip A Card"). The woman's eyes and lips are also very Stenholm like. Keep in mind; these artists did not work at Gottlieb. They were employed by outside agencies such as "Advertising Posters" and "Reproduction Graphics" so who really knows. Tough call, but whoever did it, it's a nice backglass.

#1830 10 years ago

The guitar really leads me to believe it is a Stenholm glass. One thing for sure, those two have very similar styles.

#1840 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it sold with a "best offer"...
i still have a pf sitting here waiting for me to bring it a home someday...

There was one out in the flea market at the York show last fall. Someone told me though that it was a "novelty" version with no ways to win extra balls or replays. I wasn't really interested in it, but the guy who had it offered to trade it to me for an "Old Chicago" I had set up inside. I wasn't aware that there was such a version made.

#1841 10 years ago

Just went on ipdb and looked it up.

"Although the games featured in the flyer and in the promo photo are normal replay games, Federico Croci, a collector in Italy, tells us that several Early Production versions were found there with no replay unit and no replay window in the backglass."

#1855 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can't just have them all handed to me on a silver platter. That takes some of the fun out of it. It'll give me something to look forward to. Like the next earthquake.

I hope you have set your tilt bobs a little lower to compensate for the instability of the ground you're on!
All kidding aside, I hope everything stays together out there for you left coasters.

#1857 10 years ago

Yikes! The biggest one I ever felt was a 4.0 (I bet you don't even feel those), and it knocked me out of bed!

#1860 10 years ago

Fearing having your house stove in on you at any moment is a perfectly rational fear in my book!

#1873 10 years ago

ebay.com link: STAMPEDE STERN 1977 ORIGINAL PINBALL MACHINE

Nice boobies on backglass if nothing else.

#1896 10 years ago

I'm one of a minority who likes this game, but seriously?

ebay.com link: Professionally Restored 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes Pinball Machine

#1899 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm with you. I like it too, but yeah, no way.

I like the one I snagged on CL (thanks to Pinside) a couple of months ago for less than the $200 asking price!

#1943 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

mibs
ebay.com link » Mibs Pinball Machine
"interesting" flipper mod...

image-37.jpg 26 KB

That's so bogus!

#1970 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

here are 2 bally's on my wish list, and this is one of them...

What's the other one?

#1973 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

rocket iii....
i have a pf for that... that's a start...

OK, right. Now I remember. I have a hankering for a nice "Delta Queen". Like "Hi Deal", "Hi-Lo Ace", and "Odd & Evens" too. "Hi-Lo Ace" is very much like Gottlieb's "Bank A Ball" with an extra pop bumper.

#1975 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bon Voyage in Mass. A fun machine and a real looker. $550 Buy it now!
ebay.com link » 1974 Bally Bon Voyage Single Player Machine

I just clicked on the link. For some reason, this era Bally game's backglasses held up very well. In fact, many Bally backglasses did. I don't think I've ever seen a flaky "Old Chicago" backglass for example.

#1981 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Some that stand out as always being perfect (unless broken) are Nip It, Monte Carlo, Odds and Evens, 4 Million BC, Fireball, Old Chicago (maybe Air Aces?) Capt. Fantastic, Wizard. Some that always seem to be bad: On Beam, Champ, Hokus Pokus, Alladin's Castle, Delta Queen, and I thought, most Bon Voyages.

Really? I haven't seen too many bad "Aladdin's Castle" backglasses. I wonder why these particular models hold up so well. "Flip Flop", "Sky Kings", "Hi-Lo Ace" and "Hi Deal" are usually in good condition as well.

#1983 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Leaded premium.

Other glasses used the same ink I imagine. Even with lead, many glasses readily deteriorated, while others (noted above) seemed to hold up well. Was the glass pane itself cleaned differently or treated in some way to make the ink adhere better. I guess we will never know!

#1988 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Somebody out there knows.

th-1-453.jpeg 7 KB

Yeah, but they're probably dead!

1 week later
#2063 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Joker Pinball Machine
Smoking deal!

Are you kidding!!! I just pulled the trigger on this game. My job is taking me up to Maine soon, so I'm going to scoop it up. You just don't see that game anywhere!

#2069 9 years ago

Hmm. Never played that one. The "belly-bar" woodrails have a bad rap, but some of them are pretty good players. "Gondolier" and "Race Time" are two that I've played that are a lot of fun. This one looks interesting.
You would think someone listing an item for sale would take the time to get the name right?
Sounds like something like this happened; (husband on cell phone) "Honey, I'm going to put that old pinball machine in the basement on eBay. I forgot the name of it, can you go downstairs and tell me what it's called?"
(wife on cell phone in basement where signal is bad) "It's called "Flagship". (husband) "OK, Flash Back, I got it, thanks, love you." Click!

#2101 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Are you kidding!!! I just pulled the trigger on this game. My job is taking me up to Maine soon, so I'm going to scoop it up. You just don't see that game anywhere!

I didn't want to wait until next week to pick it up. Too many things can happen in a week's time. Within 24 hours, that game was in my car headed home. About a10 hour round trip, but I was going to RI anyway for my job. Just took a little detour. I'm glad I grabbed it. Hopefully it will be in "woodrail row" at the York Show this fall.

2 weeks later
#2165 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Chicago 6 Player Pinball Machine

Am I missing something here? This P&B looks awfully nice! It's been up for a few days now. Free shipping??? Really??? Like anywhere??? Looks like a great deal to me if you have the room and like P&Bs.

#2166 9 years ago

ebay.com link: PINBALL MACHINE ANTIQUE SIDES 12PC

Someone should be all over this one!

#2174 9 years ago

Just about to end. I can't believe this one is still there with no bids. This is a very desireable woodrail.
ebay.com link: 1954 Gottlieb Lady Luck Pinball Machine Wood Rail Rare

#2181 9 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

Listed here on Pinside for less, so there's not much incentive for anyone here to bid. It is a nice machine though.

How can you see the ad? I can't find it when I do a market search. It takes me to eBay ads, not Pinside ads.

#2186 9 years ago

Pretty decent deal on a fairly scarce game. Two of them actually.
ebay.com link: 3 COINS PINBALL MACHINES

#2187 9 years ago

"Slick Chick" in MN. A little pricey on the BIN, but it's pretty decent.
ebay.com link: 1963 Gottliebs Slick Chick Pinball Machine

#2188 9 years ago

Nice "HD" if it's what makes you happy!
ebay.com link: D GOTTLIEB CO HUMPTY DUMPTY PINBALL MACHINE

#2189 9 years ago
#2199 9 years ago

Looks like a pretty good deal on this one. Good looker if nothing else.
ebay.com link: Antique Pinball Machine 1940s

#2202 9 years ago

Unless of course his grandfather posted the pix on IPDB years ago (not likely, though).

#2204 9 years ago

Oh, OK. I could have sworn I saw different pictures when I first opened the eBay listing.

#2215 9 years ago

Ah, not much of a game. I kinda like the backglass art though.

#2238 9 years ago
1 week later
#2285 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"A gilt edged winner" And now that I own one, I would have to agree.
ebay.com link » Blue Chip Pinball Game By Williams A Gilt Edged Winner

Did you see the one Vic Camp just snagged? It looks like it just came out of the box!

#2320 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Odin I recognize this guys driveway from other pins this guy has sold. He is one of Herb Silvers restorers / cab painter/ touch up artists. I would definitely buy with confidence. How often would you come across this pin. I have never heard of it.

I sold one of these for a friend at the Allentown show a couple of years ago. It had a nice original backglass, and was in decent condition otherwise, but not as nice as this one. It has the funky double flipper sets like "Show Boat" had later on. Not a great player though with the eight trap holes. It's a very good looker though.

#2322 9 years ago

Yeah, that's one gripe I have about many of the older games. They definitely cheaped out on the lamp sockets.
"Pin Wheel" is notably under-lamped, that's for sure.

#2338 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Rock Star / Blue Note looks like it plays like a turd.

Both games are somewhat scarce, but I don't really like them. Would be a quick flip for me if I found either one.
"Neptune" and "Hit the Deck" are much better.

#2340 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Neptune is an amazing game. I simply love the thrill of getting the machine gun knocks!
Marcus

Do you have it set up on "novelty" mode?

#2361 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Some sort of mass hypnosis, perpetrated by Gary Stern ? In line with this thread -- and the EM Poll one -- I gotta say I'm more appreciative of the pins from Stern Sr. (such as Meteor, Stars, Stargazer . . . and those are ones I've played, not necessarily the best of them), rather than the over-gimmicked, over-toyed, talk-too-much, relentlessly licensed movie ones from today's Stern, which wear out their welcome all too quickly. As much as I would love a chance to play BBB or Kingpin (both of which I've never seen, except in a video), I think I would be even more curious to play a Catacomb. There is one of the latter up on eBay at the moment. If this is actually an early SS, no matter: I think you can lump some of those in with the EMs, as some of them are more EM-ish at heart.

There is no such thing as "EM-ish". If it is has an MPU, it's not an EM. As with everything else, pinball is a process of evolution more than revolution. Early SS games merely reflect what the status quo of pinball technology was at that particular point in time. The playfield layouts, with their lack of ramps, multiple levels, etc, do resemble the EMs they replaced, but the dividing line came with the introduction of solid state components and processor control which replaced the old relay technology. Even games that were made in both versions play quite differently from each other. While the early SS games are ancient by today's standards and one could nostalgically lump them in with EMs, they certainly are on the other side of the line.

#2364 9 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

ebay.com link » Vintage 1968 Williams Student Prince Pinball Machine Arcade Game Dc Area Beer
Wish it was closer, everyone needs two of these

I'm glad the seller gave some background about the game's title. Now I understand!

#2365 9 years ago

ebay.com link: 1940s HOLLYWOOD pinball machine

1940's????

Ahh, I see. It says so on the side of the lightbox!
Sheesh, save the backglass, this is a pile. Worth maybe $150 tops!

#2366 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Chariots Pinball Machine

This is one awesome backglass for you "Ben Hur" fans. It's a major dog of a player though. Look at the size of the side drains!

#2369 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

You must have had a bad day with the "Big Casino"!

#2371 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Except for the cowboy on the glass!

It's hard to tell. The picture is over-exposed and blurry as well. The purple cowboy in the lower right has a definite "foam mark" though. That's easy to see.

#2373 9 years ago

I've had jobs where when the boss is on vacation, it's like having a vacation yourself!
I forgot, you're on PDT. Here on EDT, I'm well into my six pack already!

#2377 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well lookee what we got here!
ebay.com link » 1968 Gun Smoke Pinball Machine

0.jpg 15 KB

I don't think we'll see any action on that one. Nice game, but not for that starting bid.

#2401 9 years ago

"JJ" is a great player and nice looking too. I have the replay version "3 Coins".

2 weeks later
#2477 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

1947 Mexico I thought was fishy due to IPDB pics used turned out to be NICER than the borrowed pics after striking up a conversation with the seller. Ended up grabbing it. I'll post pics later. My first flipperless pin.

That "Mexico" looked real nice. Beauty of a game.

#2478 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Williams Big Deal- almost like new. Judging by the pictures, I would say it may be as close as your going to get on any 50 year old machine. Although the backglass may have some fade.ebay

Someone just nabbed the "Big Deal" for $500. Surprisingly only one bid. I thought it would get more attention and a higher number. It is not the original cabinet paint, but a very good repaint. Pretty nice otherwise judging from the pix.

#2520 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

ebay.com link » Nice Working 1961 Williams Space Ship Pinball Machine Wow Look
another one to add to my shortlist of space-themed games

spaceship.jpg 46 KB

Ooh, nice! I need a back glass for mine. Tough game though. Many ways to lose the ball.

#2605 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Looks repainted to me.

This is the same guy who had the Williams "Big Deal" which was also repainted. Nicely done, and he did tell me it was a repaint when I asked him.

#2608 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It was DOA, turned out to be a dirty 30A solenoid power fuse holder preventing the hold relay from engaging. Unbelievable shape with zero ball swirl, solid playfield and cabinet, even the pop caps are nice. A bit of paint crazing on the dancing girls legs and dress. Ended up getting it off greedbay. Needs a couple bugs worked out but it's playable.

That's a really nice game. Love the cabinet art!

2 weeks later
#2637 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Play is identical. Same layout.

Not really identical. "FF" and "Subway" are because they are both AAB and award extra balls the same way. "CT" is a little different score wise and award wise because it is of course a replay game.

#2638 9 years ago

Gotta love Crosstown - what's not to love?! Picking up a Flipper Fair soon - will be interesting to compare as CT was based on this game.

You'll love "Flipper Fair". Because of the different style card tray, it has that cool "bounce back" feature when you lose a ball out the left outlane (a la "Sweethearts").

#2640 9 years ago

My brother has owned a "Subway" since 1977. I think the high game on his is over 20,000. Talk about a marathon!

1 week later
#2656 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

th-1-874.jpeg 15 KB

Hey, I was gonna use that gag!

1 week later
#2695 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Bowling Time!
Will you be the one to get a Lucky Strike
Only $300.00 BIN and in nice shape
ebay.com link » 1940s Lucky Strike Pinball Machine
Ken

Ooh, he has a Williams "Ten Spot" there in the background!

#2715 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Vintage Pinball Machine 4 suites deck of cards very cool original condition

Gotta love the tag line: “Scratches from real use in Wisconsin Bars”
Yeah, Gottlieb's "Capt. Card". Gouge your way to pinball fame!

#2724 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb KINGS QUEENS Pinball Machine Classic Wedgehead

In Utah. Man, if this were closer, I just might have to consider it. Niiiiicccccce!!!

1 week later
#2802 9 years ago

ebay.com link: SKY LINE RARE GOTLIEB WEDGE HEAD with BACKGLASS ANNIMATION elevator

Another nice "Sky-Line". I used to think this game was rare!

#2803 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Vintage 1965 Williams MOULIN ROUGE Pinball Machine It Needs Nothing

Looks to me like there's two different backglasses pictured, no?

#2808 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yes, it sure does. Different paint loss and ones very faded. I'd love one but locally and cheaper...

I wonder if this is the same one that was on eBay a while back, also in Atlanta. It was a project for sure, and I was hoping someone would rescue it. This one looks like fresh paint and a quick clean up and shop job. "MR" is a great game. Someone I know told me he serviced one in NJ that was absolutely gem mint. He says the woman who owns it is an artist, and someone gifted her with it brand spanking new, and of course it's been in a home environment it's entire life. He said it was the nicest original vintage pin he's ever seen by far! There are two versions; one with white around the inside perimeter surrounding the backglass, and another version with purple around the backglass.

#2850 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Canadian Deal of the Day:
Bally parts machine. $99.00 start bid with no reserve or BIN for $150.00.
Might be worth the $99.00 IMO if it were a local pickup and you wanted spare parts. NO Backglass even though the picture shows one.
ebay.com link » Williams Boomerange Project Pinball Machine No Reserve
Ken

Where does he get Williams when it clearly says Bally on the backglass?

2 weeks later
#2892 9 years ago

ebay.com link » 1950 Gottlieb Joker Woodrail Pinball Machine Roy Parker Cards Poker Em Vintage
This was a steal. Look at the backglass!!

I got a similar deal a while back on eBay. My backglass looks better than this one, but the playfield on this game is one of the better ones you'll see on a "Joker".

#2896 9 years ago

Mehico- he gone!

1 week later
#2932 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Too much money! But both would be cool to have.
ebay.com link » 1961 Williams Space Ship Pinball Machine Only 800 Made
ebay.com link » 1963 Bally Moon Shot Pinball Machine Restored

Not really an outrageous price for the "Moon Shot" considering it's condition. I wonder if he did the backglass himself, or bgresto, or what.

1 week later
#2969 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ooh, Dragonette. Drool…
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Dragonette Pinball Machine

Ooh $3K. Sigh....

#2974 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I know but if you could get it for $2500 your probably did alright. Averages $2826 on Boston pinball. Aside from Mermaid, it may be the most collectible Gottlieb wood rail.

You may be right. "4 Belles" with the same playfield layout is tougher to find, but "Dragonette" is a better looking game IMHO.

#2975 9 years ago

Hmm. Just thinking about what you said. Yeah, "Mermaid" is the holy grail woodrail for sure. I'm wondering what would be next and what would be the top 10. You're probably right about "Dragonette" being #2. You might consider "Daisy May" for that spot though; it has to be at least #3.
"Hawaiian Beauty", "Bank a Ball", "Marble Queen", "Green Pastures", "Queen of Hearts", and.... I'm sure I'm leaving out a prominent collectable Gottlieb woodrail or two, would surely make the top 10 list.

#2977 9 years ago

Trap hole games are more fun than one might imagine at first glance. Granted, the gameplay is rather short, but the strategy can be addicting. I played a very nice Gottlieb "Chinatown" at the York show. It was plenty entertaining, despite being a trap hole game with no other way to lose the ball.

#2985 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I guess Knockout would be a top 10 woodrail but you see that one for sale quite a bit. I am not sure where Niagra would fall in the list but I would love one.

I forgot about "Niagara" (which everyone always misspells).
In my opinion, the top 10 woodrails are as follows:
I'm only listing Gottlieb woodrails for this particular discussion.
1. "Mermaid"
2. "Daisy May"
3. "Dragonette"
4. "Lady Luck"
5. "Knock-Out"
6. "Queen of Hearts"
7. "Hawaiian Beauty"
8. "Marble Queen"
9. "Niagara"
10."Minstrel Man"
This is pretty much off the top of my head based on the buzz I hear and have been hearing the last few years. I guess I'm basing my list on several factors, including scarcity and value.
I've probably neglected a major game or two. I'd love to see your list/ranking.
"4-Belles" may be in that list too, but it's very similar to "Dragonette". It's a very short production game though. There's just too many great woodrails. I recently acquired a "Frontiersman" which could be on the top 10 list as well.

#3003 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

post #3000?
Here's one I've not seen before:
ebay.com link

This game was in the flea market at Allentown. Rob Berk bought it. I guess that's him now selling it.

#3010 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Interesting. The trouble with Space Lab is most agree the documented production number is incorrect. It turns up far too often to have had only 30 made. There are 5 owners on Pinside and 3 on Pinballowners.com. Although there may be some crossover that is a pretty good indicator there were more than 30 produced. 300 may be believable.
EDIT: 12 serial numbers registered on the IPSND with a range from 204441 - 205567

I agree. I've seen plenty of them!

#3017 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Vintage Gotliebb Gold Strike Pinball Machine GRADE A CONDITION

Seriously, "GRADE A" condition? For that kind of smack? This guy's smokin' something!

#3019 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

He either paid 3000+ for this POS from Bob Borden or it is one of Bob Borden's ebay accounts. Either way stay clear of ANYTHING Bob Borden sells. His restores are complete shit. I know from a bad experience.

Aside from the backglass, it's not really bad, but a $900 game at best. I agree about Borden's "restorations". I've encountered some of his work.

2 weeks later
#3089 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

This is an example of what you can expect from many sellers of EMs in Australia-check the bg, pf & cab for starting price $1300!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Machine-Gottieb-Card-Trix-/181590660874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a47a5970a

Yeah, pretty tired game in a faded "DAC"/"PAC" cabinet. It's the Italian export version though with the five pennants representing balls won. No 1-10 as on the US AAB version.

1 week later
#3109 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Friendship 7 in NJ. Don't see many of these anymore. Oh, who am I fooling. I don't see any of these any more.
ebay.com link » 1962 Williams Friendship 7 Pinball Machine Add A Ball In Nj

I know the seller personally. He's a great guy and deals with pins, jukes, soda machines etc. Buy with confidence from him.

#3111 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Pete is a good guy....that game would have been gone long ago if it weren't for the missing paint on the backglass.....

I just got Shay's last repro "F7" glass (I think). Pulled my game out of storage, and the glass was wasted. Glad I was able to get one.

#3113 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shay's has one on his website. For now....

He may not have updated it. I may have gotten his last one, as well as his last "Trade Winds".
It can't hurt to inquire though.

#3115 9 years ago

Get 'em while the gettin's good!

#3116 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shay's has one on his website. For now....

I saw that game at the York show. It was a nice copy of that game as far as I could tell. Most original BGs for that game are trashed, so as long as a repop is available, it makes sense to grab one.

#3118 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Before the ogre steps in and shuts down the whole operation!
(post to be deleted soon, don't want to give him any ideas)

Yeah, right? I was wondering about Shay's Williams BGs. He must have the licensing to do them.
I'm glad I got some Williams stuff from Pinball Rescue before they were given the C&D order.

#3120 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yea, and from the looks of their website they are not going to get a Williams license anytime soon.
Too bad as they are great guys doing the pinball world a great service and got hosed for doing it IMO.

Ken

For sure.

#3179 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No doubt! Chaz is the man! But without you, I wouldn't have known about it. Thanks to both of you, and I will thank the postal company when it arrives unscathed.

Who repro'd "Trade Winds" bg? I got one recently from Shay. I thought it was his last one. It's not listed on his website either. I asked him if he knew where I could get one, and he told me he had one left.

#3181 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Shay did, Chaz was the guy that started the petition to get it done. He had a spare one for sale. Now it sounds like there are none anywhere and I haven't found my Trade Winds yet? Ah well, so it goes.

I wonder why it wasn't on Shay's website. How long ago did he do it? Now I'm really glad I was able to get one!
BTW- who is Chaz?

#3188 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought the backglass art was a little plain and it didn't really grab my attention...

Yup. Just one guy, alone on a sailboat, perhaps pondering why he is alone, and in fact giving a graphic indication with his fingers of just why that might be!

#3208 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just love these oddball pinball machines you don't see every day. And this one has multiball...
ebay.com link » Vintage 1964 Bally Mad World Pinball Machine

I have one of these. Not much of a player though. Hard to keep the ball in play for any length of time. It's not a true multi-ball. Cool artwork. Pretty zany actually. It was probably loosely inspired by the movie of that era.

#3214 9 years ago

Lots of compression and distortion. That's where digital is superior. Sometimes though, especially in a car environment, less dynamic range is desireable. But obviously you can't play an LP in the car!

#3215 9 years ago

Another Silverman Auction game? I should know since I was there, but there was just so much stuff there I don't remember.
ebay.com link: CHICAGO COIN MAJORS WOOD RAIL PIN BALL MACHINE 1941

#3218 9 years ago

There's exceptions to every rule I guess!

#3219 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

45's or up grade to LP's

imagesUDOLPXIC.jpg 8 KB

Must have at least 2 pounds of tracking force for automotive applications. You can only play the record once!

#3232 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Looks like a cab repaint without any webbing. I've never seen one with that diamond arrangement on the bottom front of the head. Great machine though.

Yeah, the blue pop bumper cap was probably put on to match that blue diamond on the head. If the diamond was yellow it wouldn't look bad. Could be a Herb restoration. The extra stripe below the coin door is something he adds too.

#3233 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Here is another game bought from Herb Silvers. They can chrome the machine to hell and back but they cant put a 3 dollar red start button replacement. They also need to change out a few of the 25 cent coin deposit for a few 10 cent red ones.
ebay.com link » Immaculate Vintage 1973 Gottlieb Jumping Jack Pinball Machine

Many years ago Herb brought an overly redone "Kings & Queens" to one of the east coast shows. It was all chromed up to the max, but had a ratty old shooter spring on it. My brother went to one of the parts dealers there, and picked up a shiny new spring. He then went over to the game, and asked Herb if he could look inside the game. After Herb lifted the playfield, my brother started pulling the shooter apart! Herb watched in disbelief, but then my brother showed him the new spring as he said "you missed a spot!" He continued to replace the spring which Herb of course had no problem with.

#3238 9 years ago

Gosh, I really hate that overlay Herb made! It is so washed out looking! The coral colored areas are especially too light. My "KOD" has one of the "peachiest" playfields I've ever seen (right, Vic?). All you need to do is look at the color under one of the playfield posts to get an idea of what it should look like. That, and the deep cabinet were two of the biggest turnoffs for me on the "retro" "KOD" machine.
I really do appreciate the efforts of all those involved in producing that game, but the playfield overlay was probably the single biggest factor which doomed that game. I'm sure there were other factors involved, but the overlay really turned me off.

#3240 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I used to have a peachy KOD

Yes, yours was very peachy. Dave M's is quite peachy too, but I think mine is the peachiest! You don't see many peachy ones. Most are faded like Camp's and my bro's.

1 week later
1 week later
#3324 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

it very well may be relisted but it's prolly safe to assume since the auction ended early someone made an offer the seller couldn't refuse. plus now they don't have to pay ebay fees.

Yupperoo!

1 week later
#3370 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This old woody looks pretty nice.
ebay.com link » Genco Pinball Machine Hits And Runs 1951

That's our very own "dtown". I don't understand the ad though. It ended, but did it sell?

#3375 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What do they want? The game for a hundred bucks?

As Rick Harrison on "Pawn Stars" would say, "I'll give ya a hundred bucks for it".

#3391 9 years ago

Or maybe this one?

IMG_20140724_112806751_HDR(1).jpgIMG_20140724_112806751_HDR(1).jpg

1 week later
#3478 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Apparently one of the best mod cabinet games. Not the rarest or most charming but a player. So I have read…
Edit: Funny, after I say that and I check the IPDB ratings and it's rated very low. Oh well. I'd still like to give it a whirl.

There was one set up for play at the Silverball Museum. I haven't been there for quite a while, so I don't know it's still there. The "Flip a Card" I sold him a few years ago isn't there anymore.
He's slowing turning toward the "dark side". He used to have many of the rare and unusual EMs, but now is adding more and more DMD games. Oh well!

#3483 9 years ago

Wayner, no nasty touch up at all there. As "boilerman" already said, this is a sample game. This has to be the biggest departure of a sample game to it's regular production counterpart. The playfield art is totally different. Grab that game if you can!

#3497 9 years ago

ebay.com link » Vintage 1964 North Star Pinball Machine Gottlieb Amp Co Chicago
Wow, talk about over priced relative to condition!

Yeah, like $3K overpriced!

#3501 9 years ago

C'mon, give the guy a break. They haven't made a repro yet!

#3521 9 years ago

"Kings & Queens" in Woodstock, man!
ebay.com link: 1965 Gottlieb Kings Queens Wedgehead Pinball Machine FULLY WORKING CLASSIC
Good candidate for a repro playfield among other things.

#3528 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

th.jpeg 26 KB

Oh wow, man. I think we're late for the concert!

#3556 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Astro Pinball machine 1971 great shape rare Wedgehead collectors dream

A little over-hyped with the description. The crappy repaint ruins it.

#3563 9 years ago

ebay.com link » Like
Never played it but looks a nice example.

I don't think a "Bon Voyage" in any condition is worth what they're asking, but admitted that's a really nice one. Not really unreasonable if you gotta have it.

#3582 9 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

1954 Williams Spitfire woodrail.
ebay.com link » Vintage 1954s Williams Spitfire Woodrail Pinball Machine Game

That's a cool looking cabinet on that "Spitfire", and it's in pretty decent shape too. The Williams woodies of that era had nice cabinet designs.

#3601 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here you go JR. Weren't you looking for one of these.
ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Gold Strike Pinball Machine Great Condition

Thanks, yeah that's a nice one. Just don't have that kind of scratch these days. Just picked up a "Square Head". Heatin' the house is killing me this winter! Thanks for thinking of me.

#3609 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Tell me about it. We've been getting a few inches of snow like every night here lately. We're starting to shovel it under the deck as we're running out of space to shovel it to. lol
ps, hope you enjoy your new Square Head JR. pics or it didn't happen; as they say.

I'll get some pix if the "Square Head" posted soon. I have a better backglass for it somewhere that I want to put in it. It's a playing machine, but needs a little love. I may bring it out to the Ohio show.

#3613 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have seen some pretty lousy pics in adverts from sellers for pins over a period of time but as we say in Australia this one 'takes the cake'!!
ebay.com link » Bally Bow And Arrow Arcade Pinball Machine

I've seen way worse than that. Sometimes it looks like they smeared the lens with grease before snapping the photos. I think in this case it's more of an access issue.

#3618 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

between the backglass (which are almost always perfect on bow and arrows), and the condition of the coin door, that game is well worth the $200 buy it now price. suprised there is currently no $50 opening bid???? This is one of the best Bally multiplayers of that era. DC, Fast, and fun!

I found a nice one once in a basement in NJ. After I shopped it, it played sick fast! Almost too fast for a EM. Almost like it needed a CPU to keep up with the scoring. It came out great. I only had it briefly and sold it at the Allentown show. I think I let it go a little too cheap considering it's condition, but I didn't pay very much for it. I would recommend grabbing that game if you can swing a good deal.

#3625 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Ship Ahoy by D Gottlieb Company pin ball machine

Gosh, whip out the Franklins for this one! Only 5K!

#3645 9 years ago

Not far from me at all. It looks odd with the triple coin return door on it. It has metal flippers too like the "Square Head" I recently picked up. The playfield is a bit rough.

#3648 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

jr's thinking about it........

Just for a second though! Not for me.

#3663 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

my beater jacks open still has the "borden amusements" sticker on the apron... think i can use that as a selling point?

Hah, funny! The guy who bought my "Golden Arrow", bought a "Jacks Open" from Borden's around the same time. We've had to dive into it many times to fix various problems. There's a good sized capacitor in the head that wasn't even soldered!

#3665 9 years ago

Buy with confidence from this seller. Great game too.
ebay.com link: 1965 Williams Bowl A Strike Add A Ball Pinball Machine

#3667 9 years ago

Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball
What a descriptive auction title!

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine

Nice game. $650 on CL? Man, I'd nab this one if I was local.

#3672 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Actually, no. I could never understand the attraction to that game. For many years, it was many's "Must have" and the price was typically higher than most Wedgies. I gave it a chance a few times, and it never changed my mind.
But I know one Restore-er in West Hills that would have had it on the back of his truck the same night.

I wonder who that would be?

#3673 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Looks like it's also listed on Craigslist for $650.

I can't find it.

#3676 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looked like all the BG balls are broken or missing on that BaB

Really? Wow. Didn't catch that. It looked really nice otherwise, though. In one of the photos, you could see just the right amount of light reflection off the side of the cabinet. That's one of the fine points in judging a game shown in photos. Some lucky individual got a good game.

#3679 9 years ago

Nice! Glad you got it and it's going to a good home. Are you going to do the shop-out (I reserve the word "restoration", since the game is pretty dang nice)? Yeah, after "boilerman" mentioned about the drop-down balls, I went back and looked at the pictures, and it looked to me like one of the balls had broken off and had fallen into the recess for the animation unit. Great that all the other balls are there.
Nice score!

3 weeks later
#3741 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Just bought this tonight. Just had to have another Bowling Theme pin after I sold my Williams Triple Strike. Played this title at TPF 2015 and loved the Flow & Ruleset, so I just had to get one.
Ken
pic 13.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
pic 14.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

There was a pretty decent "King Pin" in the flea market area at the Ohio Show as well. I don't know what he was asking for it, or if it sold. He set it up temporarily, and it somewhat played. Pretty good cosmetics on it too.

1 week later
#3813 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

LOL! I just live here because of my wife's job with American Airlines. She is not missing anything. I was born and raised in Columbus Ohio where I went to High School and some of college at Ohio State University. Plano is just another snobby middle class suburb. "Be cool or be cast out"

I checked out your "Surf Side" video. The first thing I said to myself was "man, he doesn't sound like a Texan"!

#3820 9 years ago

Woodrails have come down, but I think it's also because more of them are turning up, and the big collectors of them are now saturated with them. One known northeast collector used to buy just about every woodie that came up for sale. I used to call him "the woodrail black hole". He's chock full now, and if he lets loose with some, expect the prices to come down even more.

#3822 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Kids still like Trains (the younger ones anyway). They just might not be into the idea of collecting model trains.

Plus, the guys selling them off or their widows want super big bucks for them.

#3848 9 years ago

ebay.com link: pinball machine

Looks like a desperate seller. He's moving. Get this one cheap. Modded with 3" flippers though, but probably an easy restoration.

#3849 9 years ago

ebay.com link: D Gottlieb Co Pinball Machine

Don't know if this is worth a G note, but it doesn't look bad.

#3850 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Williams 1966 Top Hand pinball machine

Tough to find with a perfect backglass. He says it is. Decent game. Another guy who's moving.

#3857 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Hurdy Gurdy Pinball Machine By Gottlieb

Pretty nice "HG".

#3864 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » D Gottliebs Melody Add A Ball Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Vintage 1962 Gottlieb Tropical Isle Pinball Machine Tropical Ladies Monkeys

Nice looking "Melody". What's the game to it's left? It appears to be a wedgehead, but has a roadrunner graphic on the side of the head. The cabinet vaguely resembles "El Dorado" or "Gold Strike" otherwise. I wonder if it's some kind of one off custom game. Nothing like I've seen before.

#3865 9 years ago

Check that about the "Melody". The playfield is whooped!

#3879 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Looks to be a roto target on this one. I only recall seeing that feature on KOD and its SS remake. How often was that feature used ? Seems like it never really caught on ? [Should have been more specific = Carousel Roto Target.]

Looks like "Diamond Jack". Unless that minor incipient planking is sealed under some type of clear coat, it can probably be cleaned up pretty good with Magic Eraser and alcohol. Go easy though.

#3880 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Bah, that's not planking (yet). This is planking!
Planking! (Click image to enlarge)

Hah. Even that isn't very bad. I've seen far worse cases of "planking".

#3883 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

planking.jpeg

Now that's major planking!

1 week later
#3901 8 years ago

This is just beyond bizarre!!! Pepe Le Pheww!
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Olympics pinball machine

#3902 8 years ago

This is just beyond bizarre!!! Pepe Le Pheww!
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Olympics pinball machine

#3904 8 years ago

Got plenty of them here. They dig up my grass looking for grubs, the little bowtards!!!

2 weeks later
#3943 8 years ago

Great games both. Yeah, it's a haul though. But part of the fun is going all that way to get ' em and then having a story to tell.

#3967 8 years ago

Some 'B' games are better players than many of the 'A' titles.
I have owned Ice Revue 2 years now and every time I think of selling it, it reminds me of how great a player it is. Easily top 5 of the 60's, purely on gameplay. Art/theme is very subjective. Does look pretty in attract mode at end of game as the pretty dancers flash away.

"Ice Revue" is a great playing game, and a good looker too.

#3968 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Bally Fireball pinball machine 1970s Perfect working order

Was this posted yet? Maybe someone in Texas could use another one!

#4016 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I can see some Stenholm in there, but i am pretty sure it is Parker,
though the 2 belly dancers look nothing like typical Parker girls.
The people on the PF plastics are definitely Parker.

There's some debate on several backglasses, most notably Gottlieb "North Star". Parker is credited with the work, but it has many elements that make it look like a Stenholm work. "Kings & Queens" is another one, but that is most certainly
Parker's work. Look at Williams "Eager Beaver" backglass. It's done by Stenholm, but it has a definite "Parkeresque" quality.
My theory is that perhaps Stenholm was somewhat of an understudy to Parker. Not much is known about Art Stenholm, but I've heard that he also did illustrations for some major gasoline companies such as you'd see on road maps, and in magazine ads.

#4026 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Wish I had more pinball money for this...
ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Two Player Hi Dolly Pinball Machine

I had one of these once. Not much of a player really. Sold it off at one of the Allentown shows.

#4027 8 years ago

ebay.com link: 1964 WILLIAMS PALOOKA PINBALL MACHINE ADD A BALL AAB BOXING THEME

Don't know what kind of repro backglass it has, but I don't think it's ever been rescreened by Shay or Ron Webb.
Nice otherwise though.

#4031 8 years ago

Yeah, but I can drive to Massachusetts!

#4034 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Webb did do a repro BG for Palooka about 5-6 yrs ago, as i got one for my game.

That's right, I forgot. He did do that glass. I needed one and I asked him if he had any leftover ones. I would have even taken a blem. But that glass doesn't look like a silk screened glass. I think stashy is right, it looks like paper.

2 weeks later
#4082 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Too bad this is not in my back yard. I would have already bought it.
Run to this one.
ebay.com link

Really? Ouch, what a mess! Not worth that at all. Run away! Gotta laugh, "There is a dent in the coin counter." "Does not work but we think it's a fuse." Hmm, is that all?

1 week later
#4088 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Vintage Rare 1961 BIG CASINO Pinball Machine Works Perfectly Gottlieb

Really? Terrible player, bad cabinet repaint, flaked to crap backglass, painted legs, and cracked playfield glass. $150 game tops. Use it for parts to save other more worthy games. This guy is a major eBayer though, and has lots of other really cool stuff.

#4101 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Yeah other really cool stuff like this Ship Mates I bought off of him that he just lit up and shipped to me with a cab that is falling apart and rotted rubbers, full of hacks and a broken roto target full of bent up targets on it, and a F%^&%G broken backglass. Don't buy shit from Atlanta Tony!
Here is a link to the original Ship Mates I had a friend buy and have shipped for me.
ebay.com link » Vintage 1964 Gottlieb Ship Mates Pinball Machine Works Perfectly

Wow, that sucks. Did you leave negative feedback on the guy?

4 weeks later
#4147 8 years ago

And now for something completely.....well....

ebay.com link: WORKING 1963 GOTTLIEB SWEET HEARTS PINBALL MACHINE WOW

It's a good thing the pictures tell the true story. Ugh!

2 weeks later
#4203 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Joker Poker EM
ebay.com link » 1978 Joker Poker Pinball Machine Gottlieb Arcade

I don't think he knows what he is selling. He may be surprised to see what he gets for that game. It isn't the best example, but it's the EM one. Too bad the glass is very faded.

#4206 8 years ago

A whole lot for sure!

#4207 8 years ago

I agree JR but there is a lot of glare it could actually be nicer viewed in person with the playfield glass removed .

The backglass is obviously very faded. Steve Engel of Mayfair Amusements has one, but it has issues as well.

#4208 8 years ago

ebay.com link: 1947 Gottlieb Lucky Star Pinball Machine

The same seller has two of these listed. The other one is much more of a project. This is one of the last pre-flipper Gottlieb games.

#4211 8 years ago

ebay.com link: 1960s WILLIAMS VIKING PINBALL with UNIQUE ART

I've never seen one of these. Looks to be pretty nice. Too bad about the backglass though. I admire his efforts, but the original art backglass is way better IMHO.

#4213 8 years ago

I'll bet you didn't know Captain Kidd was a woman too!
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=437&picno=11350

#4214 8 years ago

Craig, this one's for you!
ebay.com link: 1964 Gottlieb Bowling Queen Pinball Machine
Just paint the cabinet, and this will be nice! Uh........... it's a Florida game. Make sure it doesn't have little critters in it nibbling away at the wood!

#4216 8 years ago

I hope he knows how to recognize evidence of termite infestation. I bought a game off eBay from Florida once, many years ago. It was a great deal, and I had someone down there pick it up for me. He called me a couple of weeks later and gave me the bad news. It wasn't really a bad case, and he had it fumigated for me. I got it working and sold it off. I also bought a Gottlieb "Free Fall"/"Sky Jump" head cabinet from someone down south. He shipped it up to me, and it was all wrapped in plastic. When I removed the plastic, I saw that it had the little pellets (termite crap) all inside, and I could see little "tunnels" under the paint. I took the thing out in backyard, soaked it in gasoline, and torched it. I then sent the guy an email, and he apologized and sent my money back.

#4220 8 years ago

I had carpenter bees at my old house. Was sitting there and heard buzzing then saw sawdust coming out of a deck beam. Saw the holes and squirted expanding foam in each hole, sealed thier fate. Had yellow jackets attack me from the ground. Hit their home with a stick and revved up my old Lawnboy right over the openning . The ones that lived I fired a can of starting fluid into the nest and then sent a mushroom cloud of Fire bees and smoke into the air.

You're a regular conflagration!

1 week later
#4252 8 years ago

Oh, nice on the "Joker Poker". Who got the "Gypsy Queen" out in PA, that just ended? I had the high bid up until about a minute to go. It went for $625; a bit more than I was willing to go. It was way better than the seller made it out to be. Nice nab. Would like to get one of those someday.

#4267 8 years ago

Guy knows what he has that's for sure. Looks nice especially the cabinet. Anyone else pick up the 4 Square in the pic? I'm doing stencils for my Astro and saw the pattern right away.

There are several more photos that plainly show the "4 Square". Too bad the "MH" backglass has been touched up. Pretty nice looking "Palooka" alongside as well.

#4276 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ay, caramba!
ebay.com link » 1969 Gottlieb Hearts And Spades Pinball Machine

He has three other EMs on eBay. It looks like $1395 is his number.

#4278 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This looks like a good deal.
chicago.craigslist.org link

Another ugly Williams game that looks like it may be a good player. I don't think I've ever played one. Looks similar in layout to "Alpine Club"/"Ski Club".

#4302 8 years ago

Hard to find this one, but not a really good example for that kind of money.
ebay.com link: Rare Dancing Lady Pin Ball Machine D Gottlieb Co 1966

#4304 8 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen one. Many of the Williams games of that era are pretty scarce for some reason.

1 week later
#4340 8 years ago

"Capt. Card"/"High Hand" are two of the most punishing games Gottlieb ever made. They will make you tear out your hair. Not that they aren't good games, but I don't think there's another game that frustrates me more. I love "Cross Town"/"Subway"/"Flipper Fair", especially the two add-a-balls. Yes, the flipper gap is huge, but they are great games nonetheless. Double up on the flipper rubbers (you should on all rounded top 2" flippers) and you'll gain a bit of reach on the flippers.

#4352 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

It's called... 'Coulrophobia'.

I never realized so many people are terrified of clowns. It seems to be in vogue these days. I never thought clowns were scary.

#4354 8 years ago

Yeah, I figured Hollywood had something to do with it. I don't watch their garbage.

#4367 8 years ago

Classic Hollywood was great, but just like almost everything else, it's been totally corrupted. I love watching the old flicks on TCM.

#4368 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wish I was closer..
detroit.craigslist.org link

Now that's a deal. That game looks clean and well cared for. I looked at a Williams "Swing Time" at an antique shop last weekend. It was less than $300 without sales tax, but it just needed too much. I passed. Reasonably decent playfield on it though. I might reconsider.

#4370 8 years ago

A good friend of mine has a "Swing Time" set up and playing in his collection. It's a pretty good player actually, and has a neat feature like a skill shot for an immediate extra ball. I think the drummer on the backglass is supposed to be Gene Krupa.

#4372 8 years ago

I remember when I judged Williams "Trade Winds" just from seeing one once and never having played it. My tune sure changed after a friend of mine got his up and playing. I was bent on finding one after just a few games!

#4395 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

This is why I married a Filipina. Most of them have retained the values that we had in the 1950s.
Bruce

Yeah, but I know a guy who also married a Filipina. She sure is happy being a woman, and it sure is costing him!

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

True, true. One after the other, they have all turned to unwatchable CRAP: Bravo, AMC, IFC, Sundance, and others I'm probably overlooking. (They also truncate, change the display format, speed up portions to accommodate a slot, and edit the content. All unacceptable practices. So all these have been banished here. TCM seems to be the lone holdout: enjoy it while it lasts ! I'd love to be able to drop the others and not have to pay for them, but the "basket-of-channels" model won't permit that. You'd have to chuck it all.

I told my wife recently that if it was just me, I wouldn't pay for television. It's just ads and reruns! I could live without it.

#4397 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

O-din's Teacher's Pet was a beautiful game. I just wish it was an AAB.
Bruce

"Teacher's Pet" as an add-a-ball. Now THAT would be a game!

3 months later
#4536 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Daisy May Pinball Machine 1954 Gottlieb Used 100 Working Very Rare 600 made

Anyone? After all, "If you don't spoil yourself and buy-it-now, who is going to do it for you? Life is way to (sic) short"!

2 weeks later
#4560 8 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Sing Along with generic "pinball machine" auction title
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine

The "0-9" unit is missing the coil, but otherwise it's there. A little rough around the edges, but not bad for someone who just wants a player.
Not sure it's worth even $350 though.

1 week later
#4581 8 years ago

It has been sold to the PPM.

1 week later
#4602 8 years ago

Someone here was looking for one of these, no?
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Paul Bunyan Pinball Machine

1 week later
#4610 8 years ago

Maybe, and maybe not. He's not very clear about what the original glass was. Looking at the cabinet design, it may well be an original "Add-A-Ball", but with a repro glass (http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4362&picno=25757). The cabinet design of "Skill Ball" is different (http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2177). The one in the photo supplied by Vic Camp is my brother's game. His was a "Skill Ball", but the original glass was trashed, so he installed an "Add-A-Ball" repro backglass in it. It's in the wrong cabinet too (a "King Pin" cabinet).
Edit: In the photos, my brother's game does have an original "Skill-Ball" backglass in it. That glass got damaged by cold weather, and so he has since installed a repro "Add-A-Ball" backglass in it.

#4612 8 years ago

Just in case you want one of these really bad!
ebay.com link: Pinball machine

#4613 8 years ago

Not an EM, not really a pinball (the kind we like anyway), but man; stupid me! I sold mine for $300 I think.
ebay.com link: Brunswick Elvis Alive Vintage Pinball Machine 1978 One Owner

#4636 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

$450 Hay Ride
ebay.com link » Hay Ride Pinball Machine
GREAT looking cab, backglass, and playfield... but the gameplay... hmmm. Looks pretty dad gum boring. Otherwise a pretty cool era for Ballys.

So that's what Gilligan was doing before he became first mate on the SS Minnow!

#4637 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So that's what Gilligan was doing before he became first mate on the SS Minnow!

I think this must be Rob Berk's game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
429 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jrpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.