(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What do you guys think? This one is about an hour from here, and I'm starting to like older 60s games.
Ebay link

Condition is rough; backglass has a fair amount of flaking (the match numbers and other are showing), cabinet is rough, not a good clear shot of the playfield. From a period when the Wms artwork isn't everyone's favorite style. This title even restored is a tough sell at 500.

That's what I think.

#332 10 years ago

There are lots of reasons to love single-player Gottlieb EMs.

- parts availability (this is important when restoring/maintaining EMs!)
- artwork (generally non-licensed themes, and the art has stood the test of time better than others)
- ball to ball strategy and buildup (unlike a multi-player, where the playfield resets on each ball, the single-player Gottliebs let you achieve targets over the course of 3 or 5 balls). Even the Bally single-player EMs reset the playfield on each ball! Ugh.
- build quality and robustness
- general availability (you can still find 'em)
- market value (they hold up reasonably well, especially the better titles)
- peer pressure

Yeah, there are some titles that aren't so hot, but overall, it's hard to go wrong with a single-player Gottlieb EM in decent condition.

[Disclaimer: I'm heavily biased, but that's from being at this for awhile, and sampling the EM spectrum.]

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you like my choice?

You had me at Gottlieb...

But I will say that the three 60's wedgeheads that made my final cut (due to space) are Buckaroo, Kings & Queens, and... King of Diamonds.

I wish I could keep more. Honorable mention would go to Slick Chick, Sweet Hearts, North Star, Cross Town, and Central Park, Sing Along (in chronological order). The '63-'67 era games are terrific relative to the time period. And there are good titles beyond those (and I'm ignoring the whole replay/add-a-ball differences; substitute accordingly as needed).

These games are kinetic art.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took me a few minutes, but this is not correct on all Ballys. The only single player I have, which is Bon Voyage, continues it's strategy throughout the game. Lighting of the letters and targets do not reset. This is an excellent game with the best spinner in pinball that I have seen (it sits right next to my Williams Grand Prix), and I plan to keep it.

Good to know there are exceptions then! The 60's Ballys seem to reset per ball (at least the ones I've had, which may have tainted my understanding).

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, I've got two out of the three now, and interestingly enough, Kings and Queens is the other that I have been after. There are plenty more that are great, but I'm long past what should have been my limit.

Buckaroo and Kings & Queens just belong together; they're soulmates. Some games just look good paired together.

Oh, and I forgot Bank A Ball for honorable mention (and likely some others).

2 weeks later
#360 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anyone in the New Jersey area want to pick up a Sittin Pretty and bring it back to life?
Ebay link

yes, please - Sittin' Pretty is a very nice woodrail. Repro backglass and plastics are available, and plenty of room left on it to not be underwater. Fun game to play, awesome graphics. This one needs a good home.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

suppose someone in nj were to bid on that... how far should that person take the bidding?

Nicely restored (not 'shopped', restored), and if the playfield is 'nice' and the cabinet is good, should sell in the 1200-1500.

Repro backglass is ~300 (depending on shipping), plastics another 80. Misc parts - maybe another 100. Call it 500 in parts.

So the margin is the difference (700-1000). But the game needs to be complete, solid, and with a good playfield. Can't tell from the pics shown, but it looks possible.

#364 10 years ago

Hmm, if I'm reading this auction right (and the others from the same seller), there's one less nice complete Wms Jolly Roger available. Looks like a good game got chopped up for parts. Don't look if you don't want to be depressed.

ebay.com link: Williams Jolly Roger Pinball Machine Playfield Look Shopped Working Beautiful

#367 10 years ago

Told ya not to look!

But +1 on that.

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thats the same one that made me buy mine, remember? It got bid up to $3500, then the top buyers backed out. I was given a second chance on it, but mine was on the way. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Now I'm going to drive to Hawthorne and pick up that KOD. See you guys later.

This is a different EM JP than the other recent one (which, incidentally, appears to have sold for 3K the second time around).

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This looks like a nice project for someone with some cab. touch-up/repaint skills.
Ebay link

It's been on the Chicago CL for quite awhile. Was at 600, then 500, and now on auction. Looks pretty sharp; don't understand why it's not been snatched up by now.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It's been on the Chicago CL for quite awhile. Was at 600, then 500, and now on auction. Looks pretty sharp; don't understand why it's not been snatched up by now.

And... poof! Sold.

1 month later
#934 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Alex, did you drive over to Walled Lake, MI? - it's sold now. I betcha that was even tempting for dirt.

Thought about it (it seemed like a promising candidate, and I do like woodrails). But that last trip really wore me out... Ya never know though! I've acquired more than enough games this year anyway.

1 week later
#971 10 years ago

What's the story behind the SP? I see two playfields in the gallery? It does look fantastic.

1 week later
#1066 10 years ago

Are those really holes, or just cigarette burns? Could be holes, but I can't quite tell. There seem to be several of them, but with varying degrees of progress.

#1110 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

1967 Gottlieb Sing Along in Alabama
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Pinball Machine 1967 Sing Along Beautiful

Pretty sure there was a nice Sing Along in AL back in the CL thread recently. Might now be this one.

And this ebay seller is the one who's been parting out perfectly good games (as in, shopped and working, and then parting them). Ugh.

1 week later
#1176 10 years ago

Goo Gone and working slowly usually gets those old woodgrain trim platters up OK. Depends a bit on when they were put down. If they were placed over ink that was already worn, then some ink may still come off in the process, but usually just little flecks/chips, not too bad.

#1220 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Definitely not worth the $2100+ Buy It Now.
What do you guys think a realistic price is for that game in that condition? $500?

This is a re-list, and the game was previously bid up to $1200 without meeting reserve. That's about right, but hard to know if that was a local buyer, or someone willing to tack on another 400 for shipping. They used to be able to pull 2000-2500, but the market has retracted from there quite a bit, unless it's an exceptionally nice one.

#1259 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Gottlieb C-37 Currently $100.00, 1 Bid, with no reserve.
ebay.com link » 1977 Centigrade 37 By Gottlieb
Ken

Looks to be in pretty good unrestored condition. Even has some color left on the cabinet, which puts it above average I think. I wouldn't be surprised to see this reach ~$1200 or more.

#1265 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If I were local would go and see it but too risky from not very good photos.
Looks nice but I am sure I can see a fair amount of paint loss in the blue double advance circle.

I was thinking that was dirt on the playfield glass, but looking again... not sure. Would definitely want more pictures.

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This is a re-list, and the game was previously bid up to $1200 without meeting reserve. That's about right, but hard to know if that was a local buyer, or someone willing to tack on another 400 for shipping. They used to be able to pull 2000-2500, but the market has retracted from there quite a bit, unless it's an exceptionally nice one.

Still only reached $1225 on the re-list. The market has spoken.

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I'm watching that auction too (at $325 now). The flaking in the girls legs on the BG means that her flesh tones are probably flaking too. You can see some evidence of it in the BG photo. The other girl has some flaking in her legs too but not as severe.
There are three pics that show the playfield wear in the center. One directly and the two showing paperwork. I thought it was a smudge on the glass until I looked at it in the other photos. They are all from different angles, but the "smudge" shows up in the exact same place. There is definite playfield wear and a lot more than I would be happy with. There is also wear below the center pop bumper. The cabinet paint looks nice though. Very bright yellows and purples.

Saw the flaking on the backglass, but with repros available from Ron, figured it would get replaced anyway. Without wear on the playfield, and the cab as nice as it appears to be, there'd still be wiggle room to add a new backglass. But if that's really all wear on the playfield, truly a bummer.

#1273 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

From what little we can see in the photos, looks like a pretty nice game. Good Luck! Based on how so many people claim to be looking for one, and how seldom they show up for sale, I would expect it to make it to at least $800. That's if the seller doesn't pull the auction first!

Ha, auction now ended - item no longer available.

#1296 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Sing Along Playfield <ONLY! $175.00 << Buy It Now ebay.com link » Gottlieb Sing Along Pinball Machine Playfield

That was such a nice game when it was complete and intact. Just kills me. What a waste.

#1298 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yeah,^^ i was looking at those S.a. parts scattered about on E-bay, I hate when people butcher it apart like that.

Here it was before the butchering:
bham.craigslist.org link

Isn't there a no-kill shelter for games?

#1313 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Is that Gold Star missing it's skirt or is it supposed to be plain wood?

It would normally have a paper tray liner stapled to the wood. Repros are available from PBR.

#1319 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

I would have very much like to have bought it - but wasn't sure how I would get it to Denver. Do sellers who post "local pick up only" usually accept to have a shipping service come get the machine to bring it to another state?

They often do, but not always. Best to ask first, since if using a shipper like STI, it's helpful to have the game on a first floor or in the garage for pickup, which may require some effort from the seller. And they may only want payment on the pickup, rather than PayPal.

#1335 10 years ago

Good candidate for the repro playfield. Backglass looks good!

#1352 10 years ago

This Wizard needs saving too:

up.craigslist.org link

(I know, I know, thread-jumping here...)

1 week later
#1472 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Where is it? I can't tell from the auction.

It's in Chattanooga, TN. Also listed on CL there.

#1476 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Boston pinball machine. Looks to be in pretty good shape considering it's age,
but not as old as he claims-
ebay.com link » Williams 1935 Boston Pinball Machine

I suppose 'boston pinball' isn't the easiest thing to search on via Google, if one wanted to figure out how old it is and really didn't know.

#1480 10 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

.......................It was May 1949...............
The machines in the late 30's had coiled springs with plastic caps on top.
Not the bumpers shown in the picture !
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=359

well, yeah, WE know that, but think of a seller who doesn't know to go to ipdb and just starts with a Google search... 'boston pinball' doesn't exactly narrow it down easily.

#1486 10 years ago

Yep, Hawaiian Beauty is indeed one of the desirable woodrail titles, and very hard to find. Even unrestored, they go for $2K+. Unlikely the base game was cheap.

#1490 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd agree but this one looks like it is still a major project.

In what way?

#1492 10 years ago

Where is the playfield losing its finish? I'm not seeing it. (It actually looks like a pretty sharp playfield to me, but the 'grass' can look like wear I suppose.)

Personally, I'd prefer the cab as-is, keeping its originality, rather than a repaint. But I realize that's a matter of opinion (and a long-running debate).

#1495 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So would I, but this one is missing a lot of it.

How 'bout the playfield? I must be blind.

#1497 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The paint looks good, but in the bare wood areas it looks like whatever they used to seal it is flaking away. But I am no expert on what they used back then.

I see it now! (Zoom is a wonderful thing.) Bummer.

#1500 10 years ago

Couple unrestored Daisy May games, in much worse shape, sold on ebay last year in the $3K range. HB is in that class, so it might find a buyer. But it's a fairly specialized market (clearly) at that level. The asking price might be high for the condition, but it's not super crazy. Might be a 2000-2500 range game. Listing it this way is a good approach, since there's just not an established market for it. If it sells for the asking price, great. But this way he can get wide visibility, and see what range the offers are. Great way to see what the market will bear, when there aren't good comps available.

#1504 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Okay so he has 1500-1800 into the machine. So I see 2500 dollars. I agree with every single last comment that Odin said. I also had no idea how desirable this game was. Now I know. Is this based on theme that people wnat it or is it actually a fun game? Is it one of those fun theme and fun games to play like Knock Out?

It's a Double Award game (like many of the other '54 Gottliebs), good art, good game play, and lower production. All feeds into supply and demand.

#1541 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here you go Dirt. 7 hours from Minneapolis.
ebay.com link » Gottliebs 1977 Firequeen 2 Player Pinball Machine

Thanks! I saw that one on the first 30-day listing, so I guess they'll keep it re-listed. If only the condition were better on it.

I'll hold out for a nice one to pop up.

#1544 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yeah, it's not exactly bargain priced either.

Very true. I tend to look at condition first anyway, and then worry about the asking price.

#1577 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Same Guy? Buccaneer Ogden, UT:
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Buccaneer Pinball Machine Can Be Shipped By Pilot Starting 295 00

That's Robert U. O-din bought a KoD from him, which found it's way to Rat (I believe).

1 week later
#1616 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

How long will it last?
ebay.com link » 1971 Ballys Four Million B C Pinball Machine
Ken

It's also up on CL:
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

#1631 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

1973 Williams Gulfstream $225.00 start bid/no reserve.
Needs a lot of help. Backglass available at bgresto.com.
ebay.com link » Vintage Pinball Machine
Ken

There's also one in MN on CL for cheap:
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#1709 10 years ago

I never had a Sing Along in the collection until this year (thanks again, Hoov!), because I've had a Kings & Queens for so long, and didn't think I'd really go for it. Very pleasantly surprised to find that it "plays" much differently, and is super fun. It's one of those games where you can have longer ball times, so it feels like you're getting close to winning, but then realize you have just that much more to go to win. Harder game to beat than Kings & Queens too, but one to make you want to keep trying.

2 weeks later
#1791 10 years ago

With the wood trim having been painted over (and likely the cabinet with it - looks like it was completely white-washed), and with it not being a Gottlieb or a more well-known Williams title, games like that just fall through the cracks unfortunately.

#1794 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You mean like a Shindig or something?

Nine Sisters, Nags, Jalopy, Spark Plugs, Hayburners, Sea Jockeys, Gusher, Sea Wolf, Shoot the Moon, various baseballs, Arrow Head, Silver Skates, Satellite - there are several more.

1 week later
#1880 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I sent him a note, would want to see that one. looks hard to do at $1500, but $1100 +- seems reasonable to me. Any thoughts?

I think the playfield wear spots around the inserts and kickouts could be addressed. They look like mainly wear, rather than a lot of planking or flaking ink. The rest of the playfield looks like it could be nice.

Cab paint looks decent enough, and still original (which is always nice to have).

At $1500 via ebay and PP, the seller would net around $1275-$1300 after fees. Too bad he doesn't have it for sale "locally" for about $1200. That would be close to what he'd net.

But, heck with that one - go after that Sittin' Pretty sitting along the back wall!

#1891 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Don't be. I'm a sick, sick, person. I'm about to find the local chapter of pinball collectors anonymous.

I can put you in touch with others who have visited here...

1 week later
#1947 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'll bid on this one if someone volunteers to drive it to Texas for me.

Hmmm...

Quoted from btw75:

Oh- I can handle what I have! Just no more. At this point I think I'd had enough of buying whatever I see (Someone please remember I said this and call me on it if I bring home another load anytime soon). Now I need to get them working well then decide which ones I want to let go.
I'm really excited about the line up right now - we'll see which I can bear to part with after a while.

1 week later
#2026 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Did anyone post this? This guy looks like he does a nice job. Cab looks repainted (correct) with a nicely shopped playfield. Seems he's giving it away at his asking price to me.
ebay.com link » Restored Gottlieb Top Score 2 Player Pinball Machine Inc 6 Month Warranty

Hard to tell from those pictures, but that looks like original cab paint to me, with some touchups.

The last picture that shows dirt and loose star washers in the cab is a bit disappointing to see, for the asking price.

#2055 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've also been looking for a couple more single player Williams from the 60s, but those seem hard to find. Three on my list are 3 Coins, Heat Wave, and River Boat. Maybe one of you knows someone that has these. Or at least one of them. If so, let me know. Thanks!

I know where there are two Heat Wave games (one here in MN, one out in VA, or at least they were last I checked). Asking prices were 1700 and 950, IIRC.

#2071 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The one for $950 wasn't in MN by chance?

No, that one was in VA. The one here in MN is 1700.

O-din's neighbor will have an extra one later this year too, I believe.

#2072 10 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

I think DirtFlipper has been looking for one of these..
ebay.com link » 1977 Gottlieb 2 Player Firequeen Pinball Machine 850 Or Best Offer
At least this lister is south of $1K

I am!

But the condition isn't quite what I'm after.

#2073 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing the higher priced one must be in very nice condition. Even the one at 950 can't be too shabby.

I've seen pictures of both. I'd probably say the one for 950 is the better of the two, but they're about even. Neither are gem quality.

#2129 9 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

I'm wondering the same thing about this playfield out of a 1964 Bally Hayride:
ebay.com link » Bally Hay Ride Pinball Machine 1964 Playfield Look Beautiful

This is the seller that parts out nice working games (after getting them working, in some cases). Killed a beautiful Sing Along earlier too.

2 weeks later
#2182 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

How can you see the ad? I can't find it when I do a market search. It takes me to eBay ads, not Pinside ads.

Hmm, I recall seeing it too. It was 1600. But now I can't find it!

#2191 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Pretty decent deal on a fairly scarce game. Two of them actually.
ebay.com link » 3 Coins Pinball Machines

Where's o-din?

#2192 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Slick Chick" in MN. A little pricey on the BIN, but it's pretty decent.
ebay.com link » 1963 Gottliebs Slick Chick Pinball Machine

This game has been for sale @$2400 for over two years on ebay. They recently listed it for auction, but didn't meet reserve, with high bid being $500-ish. This is a re-list. The seller is ever hopeful.

#2193 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dirt wants a fire queen but I think he wants a nice one

Yep. I've found 5-6 of them so far, but each one has had some combo of playfield and/or backglass wear that's not what I'm after. I'm picky.

#2197 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

You could always buy 2 and make a nice one, and sell the left over beater to get the cash back...
I works once in a while for me.. and has made some amazing games come together...
Shop the beater as well, and make it a s nice as can be to make another happy pin owner for fair money for condition

If I could find one with a nice playfield, I would. Haven't found a nice playfield yet.

#2205 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh, OK. I could have sworn I saw different pictures when I first opened the eBay listing.

You did. The seller has now changed the pictures (dropping down from three pics to two). The new pics still look 'borrowed' though.

#2233 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Where did you see problems with the clear? If it doesn't get bid up it might be worth getting one that has been sitting up for a few years.

Looks like some 'orange peel' or maybe some dimpling? The light seems to reflect off it to give it a pebbled look. Hard to tell.

1 week later
#2273 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, that's both disappointing and strange.

Looks like it's also on St. Louis CL for cheaper (and with a few more pics):
stlouis.craigslist.org link

#2291 9 years ago

Apparently Gypsy Queen is the new Mermaid. Who knew?

ebay.com link: itm

(Personally, I'm scratching my head on this one.)

#2294 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I hope not, I'd like a Gypsy Queen.

It's usually a $1000 game (give or take), maybe $1500 for a very nice one. Truly puzzling.

2 weeks later
#2392 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

2 for 1 project deal.
Make Offer!
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Baseball And Williams Klondike Pinball Machines
Ken

Those have been sitting unsold for awhile around here.
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#2411 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I got excited there for a minute, but that damage on the left side of the cab ruins it for me.

As far as King Pins go, this is a very nice example. As far as Gottlieb EMs go, it's still above average on the key pieces. Still has the original paperwork envelope, the cash box with the plastic inserts, and looks to be a low play example (seems like the meter is below 70K plays?).

The bit of rash on the left side of the cab is mainly in the blue and red, and would be reasonable to discretely touch up and blend in.

The rest of the stuff can be dealt with.

I think this one would restore nicely.

#2421 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought my World Series from that gentleman many years ago. Which of these is the "best" for somebody with no woodrails? Lightning Ball looks fun.

I'd probably rank them as:
Lightning Ball
Dancing Dolls
Chinatown

Lightning Ball is cool with the backbox animation (rotating disc), and unlike a lot of the Gottliebs from that time period, it doesn't have a Roto Target on the playfield. Does have a neat bank shot setup where you can send the ball around the sides (follow the lightning bolts).

Dancing Dolls is neat though, with the backbox animation of 'dancing dolls' (done by projecting two shadows of one small metal 'doll' in the backbox to make it appear like two). Last game with bulb scoring too.

Chinatown has trap holes, so the flow is much different.

2 weeks later
#2529 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

What, the Baby Blue and Zodiac style repaint doesn't bother you, just the nails?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1715&picno=18954

to say nothing of the awful flaking on the backglass too...

#2544 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There's a guy on Facebook that's selling about 50 very nicely restored EMs in south Florida - all great titles. They aren't advertised anywhere else yet, and they're $1200 each. I can't decide whether to back up the truck, or turn off the computer for a few weeks. EM blue balls!

That's the only hint we get? Aw!

#2546 9 years ago

nothing tempting me - whew!

#2548 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Not even "BANK A BANK" or "MIMI CYCLE"?

nope, not even those.

#2554 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If that Knock Out is $1200 that is a great deal. Xerico is looking for one of those.

It's probably the 70's Bally Knockout...

#2556 9 years ago

Deal-breaker right there.

#2558 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

He spelled it as if it were a Gottlieb Knock Out. You may be right though.......

I factored in the other evident spelling accuracy...

(and also the other titles present.)

#2560 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The guy selling these has a pinball business in south Florida and his name is Manny Sosa. He started the facebook group "Pinball for Sale" (I'm a member too).

oh yeah, that's the guy with the warehouse full of games up in NY that's been posted on CL a few times. There's been commentary on that before too.

#2576 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Nice ,looks unmolested.

Looks repainted to me.

#2601 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Damn, I guess it's true what they say - if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

On here now:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13784

#2602 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

That sucks! I bet someone just gave them an offer that was close by (that's what I would of done)!
O.K...I can go back to sleep now. I'm really looking for that cool magic themed pinball and I want a "add a ball"....I think Flipper is it! A King of Diamonds would do quiet nice!
Keep dreaming!

Magic theme: check
AAB: check
Closer than Chicago: kinda sorta
eauclaire.craigslist.org link

1 week later
1 week later
#2649 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Buckeroo (sp) in China
ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Buckeroo Pinball Machine Arcade
济宁市, 山东省, China
Up for sale is a 1965 Gottlieb Buckeroo Pinball Machine. This game is fully operational. It is a rare game that has backbox animation. A great collectible to add to your gameroom. It is all original. Cabinet could use to be repainted and backglass does have some slight flecking. Buckaroo' was the game played by Elton John's character in the classic pinball-themed 1975 film and rock opera 'Tommy' (aka: "Tommy by 'The Who' "). Only 2600 units produced. Can ship, just email me your postal/ZIP code for a quote. EBay shipping calculator is not working. Any questions please feel free to contact me. Because of the age of the game, it is sold as-is. Check our feedback we do not sell junk

Post edited by PMcGee: add detail
buckaroo.JPG 36 KB

Wow, looks just like this one!

1 week later
#2717 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Vintage Pinball Machine 4 Suites Deck Of Cards Very Cool Original Condition
Gotta love the tag line: “Scratches from real use in Wisconsin Bars”
Yeah, Gottlieb's "Capt. Card". Gouge your way to pinball fame!

Also on CL:
appleton.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#2762 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have done just that and every time sing along wins!

I currently have Ks&Qs and Sing Along set up side by side. I will admit that I like Sing Along game play a bit better. With the standup targets instead of the rollovers, the gameplay is a bit faster on Sing Along. But Sing Along lacks the additional special available for getting the bottom row completed (the Clubs), so they're not quite the same. Both games are winners.

#2764 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Regarding K&Q - I haven't fallen in love with the kick out feature. Not sure if I just need to get the game working better or not - but right now I think I'm leaning towards not spending the time on it and just moving on.

You're supposed to get the columns completed so they light up for special first. Then they're very lovely!

3 weeks later
#2882 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Not sure what the deal with that game is.....he's been trying to sell that for months......
Crossing the border with the game is an issue, but shouldn't be a deal breaker right?
Not exactly collector quality, and this game is really for that market-gotta have it 'cause it's rare.

It's at least the third time being listed, and both previous auctions ran to completion.

1 week later
#2900 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Now 15hrs and still $100 with one bid.

Spot a Card is a neat game. Woodrail, but with score reels. Also has the ball-passing kickout holes like the later Kings&Queens, except that instead of passing the ball directly, you have to earn it; the ball kickouts out to a mini post sitting below and in between the holes, and you have to nudge it back into the next kickout on the rebound. So getting the ball all the way over is more involved.

2 weeks later
#2973 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yeah, 0 feedback too. I guess I was just excited to see a Dragonette.

Come visit.

#3001 9 years ago

post #3000?

Here's one I've not seen before:

#3004 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

This game was in the flea market at Allentown. Rob Berk bought it. I guess that's him now selling it.

It is, yep.

#3013 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

They relisted and it sold for less than my original bid...
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

Reserve wasn't met. Relisted again:
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

#3028 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I believe you MUST accept Paypal for payment regardless. At least that's what I remember reading but can't find any information about it under "Selling". I think to get around this, some people accept a partial payment via paypal and then the balance on pick up.

Cash is allowable for local pickup.

#3029 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Being the base game for building a Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons, it just might go for that.

It's also listed on CL:
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#3143 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably saw that one down here selling for $2700 recently and figured he had a gem on his hands.

He cited that in the ad actually.

#3194 9 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

$6500?? Wow. I have a Gypsy Queen and love it. It's a great piece of history, but $6500, that's sky high... Did she sell it for that?

I think it was actually $7200 as the final ebay auction price. Can't really explain it though; very much an anomaly for that title.

#3212 9 years ago

Wms Turf Champ:
ebay.com link: Williams 1958 Turf Champ Horse Racing Pinball

But wow, what a lineup in the background. And in the same town as my favorite pinball parts supplier too!

3 weeks later
#3281 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Most stuff seems priced pretty high on Fleabay these days, but here's one that could be interesting to watch-
ebay.com link » Nags Williams Pinball Machine 1960 Arcade
Looks to be in pretty good condition (touch ups to front of cabinet in the yellow?). Wonder what the reserve is set at?

I believe this one was listed on Mr. Pinball within the last couple weeks.

#3289 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

0 feedback but at $200 and fairly local I'd give it a shot. I've been itching for something like this.

Backglass might be a bit iffy, and looks like the front of the head has been repainted?

Price is good though!

#3291 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have no room at all so I just need something I can plop in the middle of my game room to get me through these cold Winter months.

Have you tried a bean bag?

#3328 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

$900 nicely semi-restored Royal Guard in CA:
ebay.com link » Vintage Pinball Machine Royal Guard

Might want to zoom in more on the pics on this one.

#3331 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Blue coin door, blue legs, flaky backglass, numerals carved in the apron, and that Sharpie instruction card... OOF. Also no webbing on the repaint? Yeah maybe $900 is a bit high. Also time for an eye exam. :p

...repaint brushed on over top the old paint, stripes on backbox front reaching to the top

ah well.

#3362 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I owned that one for a short time last year. This seller always has lengthy descriptions.

#3366 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

There must be an envelope with 1000 dollars tucked away in this machine. Its in Arlington about 30 minutes away from me. I am glad I have my machine in Ken's restore que. Mine should look even better then this one when he is finished.
ebay.com link » Central Park Gottlieb Pinball Professional Grade 1 Restored New Paint Wedgehead

I never understand why folks list the games in Replacement Parts instead of under the Machines section. Really hurts their visibility.

#3385 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not sure if this was posted:
ebay.com link
Atlantis glass going for MORE than a repro would cost....yikes

Repro from Ron is $273 shipped, so they saved $1.

#3387 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They paid almost $277 with shipping! Probably not aware you can get a nice repro I would guess.

Oops, it was $250 last I looked. Didn't see that last $5 sneak in!

#3445 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hey guys price check on this one?

$300-$600 unshopped, not working, but complete; $800+ if all done. Looks like a nice example with excellent original cosmetics, just the way to find them (and leave them!).

#3472 9 years ago

I figured 800+, allowing that there is upside potential for a really nice, original example. 800 would be a quick sale; over a 1000 would take some time and the right buyer, but if the game has been completely (and correctly) rebuilt, and truly has premium original cosmetics, then could maybe push 1200 or so. It just may take awhile to find that buyer, and the game's condition needs to be exceptional inside and out (which is unknown from just the pics). But it does look like it's at least been cleaned up from what is was 6 months ago to some extent. Hard to say if it warrants that premium without knowing what all was done, and what the insides look like.

But yeah, project EMs can be had on the cheap. True plug and play costs more usually, but that has value to lots of folks too. This is a good example of the type of condition to watch for though. The challenge is always hitting all three of "nicer, cheaper, closer"; usually you can only hit any two of those.

#3482 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

one of my favorite wedgeheads! and that is a sample game with different art. I would be on that like a fat kid on a donut if it was state side.........

Amen! Would be a cool one to snag.

(Wayner - check it out on IPDB)

#3499 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Sexy backglass! ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Gottlieb Baseball Pin Ball Homerun Home Run

Seems strangely familiar...

fresco_AP367373754354.giffresco_AP367373754354.gif
#3504 9 years ago

Nice looking Gtb Basketball woodrail:
ebay.com link: VINTAGE GOTTIEBS BASKETBALL PIN BALL MACHINE 1 2 3 4 5 MILLON

Don't see this title too often.

1 week later
#3565 9 years ago

Isn't that the same Bon Voyage that's been on CL for awhile?

2 weeks later
#3636 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

is that the one that is on cl in cali?

yes, same one.

4 weeks later
#3695 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This is a great example of why I don't like the new stark white posts/lane guides-next to old yellowed plastics, looks awful. The NOS ones that have been circulating would be a better choice. Also, note the poorly re-painted bulls eye targets. At least clean up your mess!

well, if you want to get picky, those are the incorrect targets anyway; they should be solid colors, not bulls eyes.

And then there's the incorrect flippers, and the bumper skirts in the wrong orientation too. Not to mention the hammer tone paint on the legs, coin door, and coin entry. And reprinted score/instruction cards and the cab touchups.

The white posts don't bother me so much though.

#3719 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Checked one of these out recently...cool, cool game

Is there one for sale?

#3721 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Well, for the right price I guess anything is for sale. I can PM you the info if you want to try--great guy.

If it's not actively for sale, I'll not bother them then.
Thanks though!

#3730 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

playing just one 3 ball game

Well, no wonder; single-player wedgeheads are better on 5-ball! But a single game on any game isn't much of a tryout?

Target Alpha is no El Dorado (since the playfield resets after each ball; El Dorado lets you go after all the drops during the game ball-to-ball, and then they reset to start chasing special - great fun).

King Pin is a fine game too though. Really like wailing away at the drops with the mini flippers; there are some terrific bank shots to make there. Get the correct rings on those 2" flippers though.

#3747 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I don't see this one lasting long.
ebay.com link » Miss Annabelle Gottlieb Woodrail Pinball Machine

It probably will, being listed in Merchandise and Memorabilia instead of Machines. Why do folks do that?

Otherwise, pretty fair deal!

#3748 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Since when do new plastics have filled in ink pen on the pop caps?

When they're playfield plastics (aka the light shields, not the bumper caps). "Playfield plastics" usually only means the light shields (e.g. the repro sets one can buy from Pinball Rescue or Shay).

#3754 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

a saved search on eBay for Gottlieb Sunshine because I'm looking for a BG

Shay has the backglass repro'd, doesn't he?

#3761 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The game pictured looks like a 9 all around.

Not with that cab repaint.

#3762 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I dunno dude there is no answer. One mans worst game is another one's treasure. Games from the 50's that I see going for 2300 dollars and beyond (restored) would be.
Knock Out
Minstrel Man
Mermaid
Queen of Diamonds
Spot Bowler
1950 Bank A Ball
Dragonette
The above games seem to always be in high demand. I am sure there are others and other people will chime in.

Queen of Hearts maybe, but not Queen of Diamonds. QoD is a tough sell these days.

Minstrel Man has fallen out of favor a bit too. Some top titles currently are
Daisy May
Dragonette
Mermaid
Knock Out

(mostly '50-'54 stuff).

The problem is finding the darn things. But woodrails rock. And you don't need to be aged to appreciate them.

#3765 9 years ago

Agree and could add Hawaiian Beauty, Diamond Lill, Lady Luck, Glamor ( over 10k I hear ), Grand Slam, Green Pastures, Mystic Marvel, Frontiersman.
Yep, all the wooden leg pre 1955 games

All those and several others... And there are some good '55-'60 titles too. Too hard to narrow the field, really.

#3780 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

This is starting priced reasonably. Wonder what it will end at.
ebay.com link » Very Rare Only 229 Made Vintage 1978 Gottlieb Blue Note Pinball Machine

If only it were Stateside. I still haven't tried the shipping from Canada thing yet.

#3795 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

A rash of good machines listed on Ebay tonight. All by the same person. Happy bidding.
Super nice North Star.
ebay.com link » 1964 Gottlieb North Star Pinball Machine
A decent Royal Guard
ebay.com link » 1968 Gottlieb Royal Guard Pinball Machine
Hi Diver
ebay.com link » 1959 Gottlieb High Diver Woodrail Pinball Machine
Gold Star
ebay.com link » 1954 Gottlieb Gold Star Woodrail Pinball Machine
He also has a Williams Gusher and Williams 21 for sale.

I'm going to guess that none meet reserve. At least the Royal Guard escaped the repaint treatment.

#3819 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Sunshine Woodrail Pinball Machine
Looks like it didn't sell. But, only $151.00 top bid? Is the market for such woodrails shrinking so much?
My father's been dealing with old toys for decades. He's told me that, as the people who had them as children die off, so does the demand. True for pinball as well?

I think the repainted cab and hardware dampened the spirits on that one (and the Lightning Ball, that didn't do much better). But woodrail titles (like any other era) are pretty hit and miss. Sunshine hasn't traditionally been a high-dollar title, despite being a pretty good game.

1 week later
#3861 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hmnn,
Tropical Isle - ok you're close anyway....

Get a new glass in that one, spiffy up the cab, and I bet that would be a nice example. Playfield looks pretty promising.

You know you want it...

#3873 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Is this type of playfield common or a concern? Is there a way to fix?

Fix what? That playfield is gorgeous.

#3875 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I think he's talking about the planking it does have.
Still, not the end of the world. Does the planking affect the value - most definitely. By a large amount - depends on how prevalent it is. Still, I agree with Dirt - not enough to make an issue with it.

Bah, that's not planking (yet). This is planking!

Planking!Planking!

1 month later
#4020 8 years ago
Quoted from reppie:

Sample Slick Chick with different cabinet colors!
ebay.com link » 1963 Gottlieb Slick Chick Sample Pinball Machine

Probably different colors due to it being a sample game (serial number is 01055 S).

2 weeks later
#4076 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Too bad this is not in my back yard. I would have already bought it.
Run to this one.
ebay.com link

Way too beat for even that price.

1 week later
#4099 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Big Hit with starting bid of $500 in California. Yeah, it's got some problems but for $500 starting bid not bad. If you want perfect, not your game though.
ebay.com link » Vintage 1977 Gottlieb Big Hit Pinball Machine

This is the one that was at a garage sale last weekend (posted in the CL thread).

#4106 8 years ago

Here's a game that's listed in IPDB but doesn't have any pictures for it:
ebay.com link: Vintage Marines at Play Pinball Machine Complete

I've alerted Jay.

Can't be many of these left. What a great period piece. Even has a jukebox on the backglass.

1 month later
#4175 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I don't recognize a number of features on that pf, apart from what are probably a couple of gobble holes. There are some that look sort of like the rotary cutters on a Norelco shaver (?) . . . and what is that "cup" projecting upwards ?

The one in the auction has broken off bumper bodies (passive bumpers, not pop bumpers). Only the skirts are left.

#4193 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Shall I just be patient and wait for another to come up for sale?

Yes. There are more out there that will pop up or become available. Seems like half a dozen appear each year at least.

(I've had four of them alone so far.)

#4230 8 years ago

Atlantis>C37>300/TopScore all day long. Haven't played Lawman/Sherriff, so can't comment. Just not enough to shoot for on 300/Top Score. The bagatelle already slows down the game play as it trickles down, and having two kickout holes to stop the ball just slows it more.

Would much rather play Abra or El D anyway.

#4246 8 years ago

ebay.com link » Mini Pool 1960s Gottlieb Wedge Head Pinball One Player 10 Cent Vend Cleve Oh
If I were local I would be over like a shot to see this rare AAB in person! AAB of Target Pool.

Hard to tell if the pictures are current though. Shows the game in two different locations (but next to other games).

2 weeks later
#4286 8 years ago

Central Park is replay; Hurdy Gurdy is the AAB version.

That backglass looks like it might be iffy though, so there could be a hidden expense.

2 weeks later
#4391 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Here's a nice 1965 Gottlieb Kings & Queens for only $5295.00.
Their Playfield has some wear but not horrible.
I guess according to their price guide after I am done installing all new playfield, backglass, plastics, new Cabinet paint, complete Shopout with my machine it would be worth $6295.00? Any Takers?
ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Kings Queens Pinball Machine Rare Feature Video Grc Value
Ken

Don't confuse "asking" with "selling".

But sure, you just might find a buyer, crazy as that may seem (and it would be).

#4404 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I do wonder if all Williams games are taller than Gottliebs?

Shouldn't be. Did Palooka end up with 31" legs and old Paul with 27"?

#4418 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I see from the chart that Williams legs from 1956-1966 were 31" and the Gottlieb single player legs were also 31" from 1956-1975 but it states the leg lengths for Multi Player games vary.
Bruce

Williams did not use only 31" legs in that time period; they used 28 1/2" on some games during that era too (Nags, from 1960, being just one example). And the games with the 'step down' cabinets, like the style on '65 Teacher's Pet, used two different lengths legs, neither of which are 31".

I know that's what the PBR chart has, but it's not quite accurate on that bit. Gottlieb did use 31" though.

4 weeks later
#4462 8 years ago

Sure looks like fire got Wonderland, sadly.

1 month later
#4519 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just love the auction inside an auction... fees on top of fees
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 039 S Orbit Space Theme Pinball Machine Lot 127

These are actually links to live auctions, which require a separate sign up. So they're basically an ad for an upcoming live auction. And auction houses usually charge a buyer's premium, ranging from 10%-25%.

For these, you sign up and get approval. Then when the live auction starts, you log in and can watch the bidding proceed in real time. There are bids from the "floor" (folks in attendance at the auction), or from eBay attendees. They're conducted by a real auctioneer, and bidding continues until the auctioneer hammers it sold. It's like being a phone bidder at a live auction. The ones I've tried it seemed that most of the winning bids were from the floor. And prices were pretty high.

But the buyers premium is pretty typical. If you ever attend a real auction, expect the same.

#4522 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i find it had to believe that ebay doesn't get something.. they fee everything

I'm sure they do. Floor bidders at live auctions usually have lesser premiums than Internet bidders (regardless of if via eBay or other auction venues).

3 weeks later
#4557 8 years ago

This looks like a decent deal on a KoD, lurking in the wrong listing category:
ebay.com link: Gottlieb King of Diamonds pinball game

1 week later
#4571 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ice Revue in MA on ebay - no reserve:
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Ice Revue Pinball Machine

Hey, they fixed the category for the listing too. I was curious how well it was going to do when it was listed originally under Replacement Parts (or something other than Machines). Glad the caught it.

#4572 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

probably had a bad game...and a hammer nearby...happens to the best of us
GLWS!!!!

another coast deal

#4578 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

ebay.com link » Cowpoke Pinball Beautiful Gottlieb 1965
Real Nice Cowpoke

It's been repainted though.

#4596 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

And $5K and already 1 bid!

with a bidder with no recent bid history.

2 weeks later
#4623 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey I know that machine. I sold it un-shopped for more than the starting bid a few months back. The seller is a nice guy and does good work.

hey, I know that machine too! It's certainly well-traveled.

#4629 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If dirt bids again and wins, he could start the process all over

Alex would have to buy it then... He buys all my Teacher's Pet games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=dirtflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.